Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most overrated team,player,national team,league? biggest over and under achievers?

Your thoughts??

Overrated team............Bayern Munich. Barcelona's B team could top the Bundesliga.

Blog Entries
    Some overrated players that spring to mind:

Asmir Begovic. Good GK, but IMO, Sorensen is better.
    Adel Taarbat. Yes, he was awesome in the Championship last year, but in the PL this year, he's barely noticeable.
    Andy Carroll. Never going to be a top class striker, and NEVER going to live up to being a £35 million player! With Heskey's retirement from international football, Carroll will be a perfect replacement for England.

I'll be back with more when I think of them.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Teams- Tottenham, Inter Milan.

Players - Ashley Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Frank Lampard, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gonzalo Higuain, Karim Benzema, Carlos Puyol, Iker Casillas, Victor Valdes, Theo Walcott, Bacary Sagna, Phillip Lahm, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Fabio Coentrao, Pepe, Pato, Julio Cesar, Neymar (He's still got plenty of time)

National teams - Italy, Portugal, Argentina

Over achievers - Uruguay, Napoli, Stoke, Newcastle.

Under achievers - Argentina, England, Real Madrid, Lyon, Inter Milan.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Overrated:

Teams: Inter Milan, Real Madrid

Players: Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Casillas, Higuain, Pato, Fabregas, Valdes, Fletcher, Cleverley, Carroll, Arshavin, Adebayor, Ashley Cole, Lampard,

National Teams: Italy, Argentina, England

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Lebron James is the most overrated athlete in any sport in the whole world.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Overrated:

Teams: Inter Milan, Real Madrid

Players: Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Casillas, Higuain, Pato, Fabregas, Valdes, Fletcher, Cleverley, Carroll, Arshavin, Adebayor, Ashley Cole, Lampard,

National Teams: Italy, Argentina, England
    Italy have won four world cups,to call them overrated,you are a tough man to please.

overrated coach: Mancini.He only won trophies at Inter because of the Caiciopoli fiasco.

Overrated Sports League that all of us from rugby playing countries can agree on:

AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!

helmets,padding,players who only do 1 thing,breaks after each play,my word imagine if Manu Tuilagi only came on the field when England are defending in their own 22........................he'd have enough time to go for a swim!!!!

not overrated,but every South American import to Europe is 'the new Kaka','the next Messi','the new Robinho" etc

And the 2012 Ballon D'or nominees are:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post

Players - Ashley Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Frank Lampard, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gonzalo Higuain, Karim Benzema, Carlos Puyol, Iker Casillas, Victor Valdes, Theo Walcott, Bacary Sagna, Phillip Lahm, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Fabio Coentrao, Pepe, Pato, Julio Cesar, Neymar (He's still got plenty of time)
    how would you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    Italy have won four world cups,to call them overrated,you are a tough man to please.

overrated coach: Mancini.He only won trophies at Inter because of the Caiciopoli fiasco.
    I thought this was based on current football, not historic?! That's why I went for Italy, same for Argentina!