Blog Entries

The Ultimate Fighter 14

Is anyone else watching this?

I missed the first couple of episodes but have caught from ep 4. I'm a fan of both Bisping and Miller but it's already clear that Bisping isn't much of a coach. Mayhem however seems to be a really good coach - in fact I think coaching (over fighting) might be his strong suit.
    Anyway, the last couple of episodes have been pretty good with some internal fireworks brewing and contestants (competitors?) going at it outside of the cage.

As for the Finale - I'd give it to Bisping but I think Jason Miller might surprise a few people and pull off a win.

Blog Entries
    I watch The Ultimate Fighter every Wednesday night. The last time Bisping was a coach on TUF and ran his mouth, Dan Henderson closed it for him. I would have thought he'd have learned by now. Miller is the better coach of the two and at the Finale, I expect miller to get the win. Simply because Bisping isn't really any good on the mat. Miller is good at striking and on the mat.

By the way, your sig of Vicki startled me. I didn't know she lost that much weight.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    I watch The Ultimate Fighter every Wednesday night. The last time Bisping was a coach on TUF and ran his mouth, Dan Henderson closed it for him. I would have thought he'd have learned by now. Miller is the better coach of the two and at the Finale, I expect miller to get the win. Simply because Bisping isn't really any good on the mat. Miller is good at striking and on the mat.

By the way, your sig of Vicki startled me. I didn't know she lost that much weight.
    It's got something to do with the angle she's standing but if you go her website - http://www.myvickieguerrero.com/ there's further proof.

On topic, today's episode, ep6 was a classic display of why so many people dislike Bisping. He's always talking about how people shouldn't mouth off and be disrespectful then as soon as he gets the opportunity, when he took the floor for the fight picks, he instantly started sinking the boot in. I know a lot of fighters come of as assholes because they're so confident but I am really starting to dislike the way Bisping goes about things. Some of the worst character traits are bad sportsmanship - be it a bad loser or worse, a bad winner - and to be a hypocrite - Bisping is all those things.

Miller on the other hand is showing amazing restraint and displaying what it's like to be a leader of men. See the way he trains with his guys, he's going full out like as if it's his training session. Bisping has been late and once not shown up at all already.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's got something to do with the angle she's standing but if you go her website - http://www.myvickieguerrero.com/ there's further proof.

On topic, today's episode, ep6 was a classic display of why so many people dislike Bisping. He's always talking about how people shouldn't mouth off and be disrespectful then as soon as he gets the opportunity, when he took the floor for the fight picks, he instantly started sinking the boot in. I know a lot of fighters come of as assholes because they're so confident but I am really starting to dislike the way Bisping goes about things. Some of the worst character traits are bad sportsmanship - be it a bad loser or worse, a bad winner - and to be a hypocrite - Bisping is all those things.

Miller on the other hand is showing amazing restraint and displaying what it's like to be a leader of men. See the way he trains with his guys, he's going full out like as if it's his training session. Bisping has been late and once not shown up at all already.
    In defence of Bisping slightly, Miller did squirt the water in his face and when Bisping tried to break up the fight between those lads earlier in the season, Miller pushed him. And don't forget, it was fucking Miller's guy who attacked the fella first of all when they squared up. I don't mid Miller and yeah Bisping is a mouthy twat but he's creating some good scenes. That bald guy that keeps getting in Bisping's face is quite pathetic really saying "I didn't get it before but now I know why you're the most hated guy in the UFC." You've got to say although very arrogant, Bisping's comeback of "I earn way more money than you" (or something to that extent) was pretty good.

Let's look at what else happened. Bisping's team got Miller's car towed away and did the whole disabled parking shit but didn't one of Miller's dudes chuck the bags and shit around the room. And the stuff with the tyres? Come on, Miller isn't some sort of saint. I'd like to see Miller get knocked out and at least Bisping is now coming back into the contest. Look what happened with Brock and Dos Santos, Lesnar's guy won in the end didn't he? What a fightback he put on so give Bisping a bit of a chance. I'm not bigging up Bisping because I'm from the UK but you can't hammer one and not the other.

Blog Entries
    Oh Miller is definetly no saint! And both these guys make it more entertaining to watch. I guess the whole speech Bisping made about being a 'gracious loser' left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'd have to say Bisping has the advantage on the feet but if it goes to the ground, I'd give Miller the edge. As for the contestants, I've never been the kind of guy to pull for a certain team, I just like seeing these guys fight, see who's hungriest and hope the best guy wins and the ones that are not far behind get their chance to fight in the UFC too

Blog Entries
    In case anyone missed tonight's TUF 14 Episode, the Semifinal match ups were made and here they are:

Bantamweight semifinal No. 1: Team Bisping's T.J Dillashaw vs. Team Miller's Dustin Pague
    Bantamweight semifinal No. 2: Team Miller's John Dodson vs. Team Miller's Johnny Bedford
    Featherweight semifinal No. 1: Team Bisping's Akira Corassani vs. Team Miller's Dennis Bermudez
    Featherweight semifinal No. 2: Team Bisping's Diego Brandao vs. Team Miller's Bryan Caraway

They seem to be some pretty good match ups. I'm with you Rob, in that for the contestants on the show I really try not to favor by who's coaching, I just like to see them fight for the win. It does seem that those who try the hardest, and show the most heart and desire for the sport, usually end up in the UFC at some point. Whether they win or lose on the Ultimate Fighter show. I think it's great that Dana does this.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Exactly. Because the real goal for anyone on that show is to impress enough that even if they don't get the 'SIX FIGURE CONTRACT!!!' they will still get a chance to get a fight in the UFC.