Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Damn straight!! Everyone of my mates who i've spoke to have all had the "hmmmph! It was only a friendly" attitude. So what? Spain had a full strength side out, and England were barely a second string team. A win is a win!

And if beating the current European and World champions going into a major tournament doesn't instill a bit of confidence, I don't think anything will. It's a shame really, that the majority of England fans are all eternal pessimists They'd soon change their tune if we did win something though!
    I think the number of fans who take too much from this win FAR outweigh those who err on the cautious side! After winning the grand total if fuck all in 45 years, are you surprised there is a lot of pessimism?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I think the number of fans who take too much from this win FAR outweigh those who err on the cautious side! After winning the grand total if fuck all in 45 years, are you surprised there is a lot of pessimism?!
    I'd hate to be a Chicago Cubs fan then. They're 100+ years haha

But I see what you're saying

lulz! And that's always the standard response!!

Look at Spains recent success story, they were always the nearly men. Always had a solid side, but never really amounted to anything.The only honour they had was a Euros win in the 60's. (Slightly familiar? ) They've sure as hell turned that around in the 00's now haven't they?

If Spain have turn around their misfortunes, I'm sure England can do the same!!

Now then, I don't think that i'm reading far too much into that win. It has got me thinking though that maybe, just maybe Euro 2012 could be a good tournament?

I can only live in hope!! Three Lions on my chest and all that!
    Last edited by Tomsta666; 11-14-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Look at Spains recent success story, they were always the nearly men. Always had a solid side, but never really amounted to anything.The only honour they had was a Euros win in the 60's. (Slightly familiar? ) They've sure as hell turned that around in the 00's now haven't they?

Now then, I don't think that i'm reading far too much into that win. It has got me thinking though that maybe, just maybe Euro 2012 could be a good tournament?

Yes England can do it, now with a solid bease of young playes like Rodwell, Jones, Welbek, Adam Johnson, and diving master Walcott, look at Spain, it requires young lads and tons of hard work in forming a style

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Exactly. How anyone can take a 1-0 against SPAIN and think its a negative is beyond me.
    My country is playing Spain after that loss and well I'm pretty sure that they are coming for revenge so We'll be destroyed even if I hope not, so yeah how someone could see it as a bad result?

Pretty good, my Saints won in OT
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

The difference with Spain is, that they revamped their entire football system! From grass roots, through the development of youngsters, through every stage of their development right up to playing for major clubs, if they are good enough! England need to do this! We need to start from scratch again, like Spain had the bollocks to! Until there is a major overhaul, there will be no changes! Our kids coming through, just aren't good enough! I'm a realist and I realise how deeply England's problems run!!

Here's a little stat for you: Number of UEFA A and Pro Licence coaches in England: Just over 1000. Number of same coaches in Spain: 15,000+
    Says a lot really!

Also, since 1998 Spanish youth teams from 16 to Under-21's, have won 19 UEFA and FIFA Championships! In that time, England have won 1!!
    Last edited by Wade Barrett 1979; 11-14-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Guys,just be careful not to get too carried away.

Spain took Casillas,Xavi and Iniesta off @ halftime.
    Experimented with Sergio Ramos @ CB
    Tried non-first teamers Jordi Alba and Arbeloa at LB and RB
    Used David Silva behind David Villa,and David Silva is definately no Pedro

And,for the cherry on top,unless high on cocaine,why the F$^&I** would anyone bring on Torres if needing a goal over Negredo,Llorrente or Soldado who are in more form?

The difference with Spain is, that they revamped their entire football system! From grass roots, through the development of youngsters, through every stage of their development right up to playing for major clubs, if they are good enough! England need to do this! We need to start from scratch again, like Spain had the bollocks to! Until there is a major overhaul, there will be no changes! Our kids coming through, just aren't good enough! I'm a realist and I realise how deeply England's problems run!!

Here's a little stat for you: Number of UEFA A and Pro Licence coaches in England: Just over 1000. Number of same coaches in Spain: 15,000+
    Says a lot really!

Also, since 1998 Spanish youth teams from 16 to Under-21's, have won 19 UEFA and FIFA Championships! In that time, England have won 1!!
    wow,impressive.

Plus since 2004, 3 UCL and 4 UEFA cups @ club level,where (and here is where I think Spain,Italy and Germany have an advantage) at least 60% of the league are players eligable to play for Spain.

One thing that seems common in England which hopefully guys like Mourinho and AVB as well as Arrigo Sacchi prove wrong,the theory of great footballers becoming great managers,or any ex-footballer automatically is considered to be a better suited candidate for coaching than a non ex-player.

As Arrigo Sacchi once said: You don't need to be a racehorse to become a jockey.Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Exactly. How anyone can take a 1-0 against SPAIN and think its a negative is beyond me.
    Spain took Casillas,Xavi and Iniesta off @ halftime.
    Experimented with Sergio Ramos @ CB
    Tried non-first teamers Jordi Alba and Arbeloa at LB and RB
    Used David Silva behind David Villa,and David Silva is definately no Pedro

And,for the cherry on top,unless high on cocaine,why the F$^&I** would anyone bring on Torres if needing a goal over Negredo,Llorrente or Soldado who are in more form?