The sad Passing of another Motorsport star.

I've only just heard this:
    Sad death of another motorsport star: Marco Simoncelli: RIP

From The Mail On-Line:
    Motorsport was mourning its second death in the space of a week after Italian Marco Simoncelli was killed in a crash at the Malaysian Moto GP.
    The Gresini Honda rider lost control of his bike on the second lap of the circuit in Sepang and appeared to be hit by Colin Edwards and then Valentino Rossi as he slid across the track.
    The 24-year-old's helmet came off in the collision and he was taken to the medical centre for treatment, but died from his injuries.'

A future World Champion no doubt! Condolencies to his family and friends!

motorsport need to do something,this isn't good,wow,and he's my age,this is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    motorsport need to do something,this isn't good,wow,and he's my age,this is scary.
    Some sports need to bite the bullet and improve safety! F1 have managed to do it!! It is scary to think of! Such a shame, I really think he could have been the one to take Rossi's mantle!!

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Some sports need to bite the bullet and improve safety! F1 have managed to do it!! It is scary to think of! Such a shame, I really think he could have been the one to take Rossi's mantle!!
    It was a completely unavoidable accident, no safety measures could have prevented that, MotorSport is dangerous it says it on every ticket you buy to an event, i went to Cadwell Park few months ago to watch British SuperBikes, and i saw an 18 year old kid get killed, never heard anything about it on the news, the past 2 weeks Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli have been killed, and it's been on the news due to them both being High profile names, if they were in another series that weren't as popular as motoGP or INDYCAR you wouldn't have heard about it, and also i agree when you say he would of took Rossi's mantle, i had him pegged down to be a future world champion, R.I.P super sic 58

Quote Originally Posted by bladesyGTS View Post
    It was a completely unavoidable accident, no safety measures could have prevented that, MotorSport is dangerous it says it on every ticket you buy to an event, i went to Cadwell Park few months ago to watch British SuperBikes, and i saw an 18 year old kid get killed, never heard anything about it on the news, the past 2 weeks Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli have been killed, and it's been on the news due to them both being High profile names, if they were in another series that weren't as popular as motoGP or INDYCAR you wouldn't have heard about it, and also i agree when you say he would of took Rossi's mantle, i had him pegged down to be a future world champion, R.I.P super sic 58
    I should have clarified, I agree with you about Moto GP! It was a freak accident, I was refering to the Indy Series! Regards the coverage, it's the same for any walk of life, if you're a name it will reach the news!
    Absolutely the next Rossi, RIP!