Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    I lost respect for UEFA when they gave the Bundesliga a 4th CL spot from Italy based on performances in the UEFA cup and Intertoto Cup,what a pathetic system.

    Platini screwed the Champions League with his Champions and non-Champions sections of the UCL qualifying.I bet you Udinese,Ruben Kazan,Dinamo Kiev,FC Twente and Panathinaikos would have done better than Victoria Plzen,Bate Borisov,Genk,Galati.

  2. #32
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    And if you look at the UEFA Cup.4 spanish wins in 8 years,plus 1 runner up.More SF and QF finishes in those 8 years than any other leaue,now just imagine if those clubs had more TV money,how good they could be.Maybe not beating Barcelona 5-0,but maybe Champions League semis.
    I love how you use the Mickey Mouse Cup to make a point!

  3. #33
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    I lost respect for UEFA when they gave the Bundesliga a 4th CL spot from Italy based on performances in the UEFA cup and Intertoto Cup,what a pathetic system.

    Platini screwed the Champions League with his Champions and non-Champions sections of the UCL qualifying.I bet you Udinese,Ruben Kazan,Dinamo Kiev,FC Twente and Panathinaikos would have done better than Victoria Plzen,Bate Borisov,Genk,Galati.
    Ah you at least agree with me, that there's an idiot in charge of UEFA!

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I love how you use the Mickey Mouse Cup to make a point!
    Mickey Mouse because English clubs aren't winning it?

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Ah you at least agree with me, that there's an idiot in charge of UEFA!
    Even the President of Napoli has accused him of killing the UEFA Cup!

  6. #36
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    Mickey Mouse because English clubs aren't winning it?
    Come on, even you with your blinkered view must agree it's an awful conpetition! Even if an English club had won it every year since it's inception, I would still rather do without it!

  7. #37
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    Even the President of Napoli has accused him of killing the UEFA Cup!
    No great loss! As far as I'm concerned, they should just have the Champs League and that's it!!

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    No great loss! As far as I'm concerned, they should just have the Champs League and that's it!!
    too much history to throw away.They could do more to up its prestige.

  9. #39
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,857

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile Junkie View Post
    too much history to throw away.They could do more to up its prestige.
    Still didn't stop them turning it in to the Europa League and pissing on that history!!

    I don't think they can improve the prestige! The Champions League has become too big, it's the be all and end all of European Football now!!

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Still didn't stop them turning it in to the Europa League and pissing on that history!!

    I don't think they can improve the prestige! The Champions League has become too big, it's the be all and end all of European Football now!!
    what if the finalists qualify for the UCL? The problem is the Thursday nights.They need to rotate the Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursdays between the 2 competitions,have each team play 2 games on a Tuesday,2 on Wednesday,2 on Thursday for their 6 Matchday games in the group stages of the 2 competitions.

    more prize money,less games(its the 1 complaint,there are too many games,bring back the Cup winner Cup would sort that problem out,less teams)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.