Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    ***still waiting for Rich to answer***

The 8 hour working day was pioneered in Australia. Presumably to give us more time to drink beer
    I always figured that's where the 15 minute breaks came in
    just long enough for a few beers, then back to work

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I always figured that's where the 15 minute breaks came in
    just long enough for a few beers, then back to work
    Hey, if the cosmonauts can work drunk on Vodka, we can do it with a skinful of piss. Besides, the humidity means you sweat it out fast so you can drink more!

Blog Entries
    Hey, if the cosmonauts can work drunk on Vodka, we can do it with a skinful of piss. Besides, the humidity means you sweat it out fast so you can drink more!
    damn right!

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries
    Cool, now I wanna move to Australia to drink more!

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Did you know there are only three states in Australia that are smaller than Texas?

Don't believe me, go look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sneakiness View Post
    Did you know there are only three states in Australia that are smaller than Texas?

Don't believe me, go look it up.
    I would but I don't really care.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

U shuld show some clips Of Kath and Kim

2012 Super Rugby Champions, The Chiefs!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by welch421 View Post
    U shuld show some clips Of Kath and Kim
    Most people don't get it.

Instead...

Blog Entries

This is the same guy singing a few years earlier;

Blog Entries
    Robstar: Australia is the only nation to govern an entire continent it is also the largest island in the world but the smallest and flattest continent.
    Native Aboriginal people are believed to be the world's oldest civilization and have lived on the continent for over 50,000 years. They invented the boomerang, they were the first society to ground edges on stone cutting tools and the first to use stone tools to grind seeds.

The black box flight recorder for aircraft was invented in Australia in 1958 by the Aeronautical research scientist David Warren.

Melbourne was formerly called Batmania, after one of its founders John Batman.

Australia's first police force was created from a group of 12 of their best behaved convicts.

Australians called the English pommies from the initials POME on convicts uniforms. These initials stood for Prisoners of Mother England.

Australian inventions include things like the surf lifesaving reel, notepads, aspirin, the pacemaker, Hills Hoist clothesline, plastic disposable syringes, wine casks, the bionic ear, dual flush toilet and long-wearing contact lenses. *fixed for accuracy(thanks Polly)
    I would love to visit Australia one day, I just wanted to point some things out to you, so don't take it like I'm dissing Australia because I'm not, I just think some info you have posted is wrong, and some other fun facts you may not have.

1. The first society to ground edges on stone cutting tools and the first to use stone tools to grind seeds was from the Middle East in the Neolithic Age or New Stone Age about 9500 BC. Here is a map of the Middle East of which Australia is not on here.

2. Not only did Australia invent the "Black Box" for Aircraft, Australia is recognized as the first country in the world to make cockpit-voice recording compulsory.

3. Australians have been leaders in inventions relating to both maritime and aeronautical matters, including powered flight, the black box flight recorder, the inflatable escape slide, the surf ski, the wave-piercing catamaran and the winged keel. Also the grain stripper, the stump jump plough, mechanical sheep shears, the Dethridge water wheel, the froth flotation ore separation process, the instream ore analysis process and the buffalo fly trap.

4. Australian inventions also include a number of weapons or weapons systems, including the boomerang, the woomera, the tank, and the underwater torpedo. Australians have been at the forefront of medical technology with inventions including ultrasound, the bionic ear, the first plastic spectacle lenses, the electronic pacemaker, the multi-focal contact lens, spray-on artificial skin and anti-flu medication and the notepad.

5. Man's first powered flight was not accomplished by the Wright Brothers. Instead, it was accomplished in 1894 by Australian Lawrence Hargrave, using four box kites. Australian Aborigine David Unaipon is known as "Australia's Leonardo" for his contributions to science and the Aboriginal people. His inventions include a tool for sheep-shearing, a centrifugal motor, a multi-radial wheel and mechanical propulsion device. Unaipon appears on Australia's $50 note.

6. 1838 – Pre-paid postage – Colonial Postmaster-General of New South Wales, James Raymond introduced the world's first pre-paid postal system, using pre-stamped sheets as envelopes.

7. 1843 – Grain stripper – John Ridley and John Bull of South Australia developed the world's first grain stripper that cut the crop then removed and placed the grain into bins.

8. 1856 – Refrigerator – Using the principle of vapour compression, James Harrison produced the world's first practical ice making machine and refrigerator.

9. 1889 – Electric drill – Arthur James Arnot patented the world's first electric drill in Melbourne.

10. 1952 – Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer – The atomic absorption spectrophotometer is a complex analytical instrument incorporating micro-computer electronics and precision optics and mechanics, used in chemical analysis to determine low concentrations of metals in a wide variety of substances. It was first developed by Sir Alan Walsh of the CSIRO in Australia.

Also Australia's contributions to science have been recognised in the 14 Australian Nobel laureates – the highest rate per population of any country. I just thought you'd like to know. (You may have already listed these or already know, but I found it interesting and wanted to share it.)

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey