Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 50 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 529
  1. #391
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24,362
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    Mortal Kombat. (2011)
    Left 4 Dead 2. <<<<<<<<<<<<<< dealbreaker.
    Aliens vs. Predator. (Unbanned)
    Fallout 3. (Unbanned)

    That's so strange, Australia is so permissive in so many ways, I wasn't at all aware of this. Huh. Strange that you can buy torture porn as an adult, but not certain games. I wonder what it was about the content that caused them to ban them?



  2. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    This is freaking awesome... Where is it so I can actually read the tiny little article. (besides the obvious memebase.com response)
    1. Happened in Mexico but the diver was an Aussie.
    2. The shark bit its way into a large tuna net.
    3. The shark was shot before he jumped in.
    4. After he jumped in the water but before he got into the net with it, he shot it with a spear tipped with a shotgun shell.
    5. It was shot about ten times before it was wounded enough to be winched onto the boat to be finished off.
    6. Another diver jumped into help eventually. (He was never named.)
    7. His name was Dean Stefanek.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  3. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    That's so strange, Australia is so permissive in so many ways, I wasn't at all aware of this. Huh. Strange that you can buy torture porn as an adult, but not certain games. I wonder what it was about the content that caused them to ban them?
    It's to do with the archaic ratings system you've got over there for them. And the fact fact your government considers video games are for kids, since the previous highest rating was MA15+. So any mature rated video game BBFC 18 PEGI 18 ERSB MA etc... got watered down for the Australian market, or was just straight up banned. I think that strides have been made to get that changed though.

  4. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    That's so strange, Australia is so permissive in so many ways, I wasn't at all aware of this. Huh. Strange that you can buy torture porn as an adult, but not certain games. I wonder what it was about the content that caused them to ban them?
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    Mortal Kombat. (2011) Banned due to the graphic, realistic depictions of mutilations and gore performed by the fatalities. Ban upheld by Australian Classification Review Board on Monday, 14 March 2011.

    Left 4 Dead 2. <<<<<<<<<<<<<< dealbreaker. Refused classification due to relentlessly gory violence. An edited version has been released using the German cut.

    Aliens vs. Predator. (Unbanned) Originally banned because of violence involving graphic depictions of mutilation. Rating later appealed and overturned, now rated MA15+.

    Fallout 3. (Unbanned) Originally banned due to drug use in relation to real world drugs and connection to incentive/rewards. Edited worldwide due to the small change needed (the name of morphine was changed to Med-X). Therefore the same game that was rated 17+/18+ in other countries was rated MA15+ in Australia.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  5. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    It's to do with the archaic ratings system you've got over there for them. And the fact fact your government considers video games are for kids, since the previous highest rating was MA15+. So any mature rated video game BBFC 18 PEGI 18 ERSB MA etc... got watered down for the Australian market, or was just straight up banned. I think that strides have been made to get that changed though.
    No strides. Just editing and appealing the classification.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  6. #396
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24,362
    Blog Entries
    6
    FACK the censorshit!!!!



  7. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    FACK the censorshit!!!!
    That's thinking like an American.


    Accept when you say the company you work for is censoring you.
    Because 1. They can.
    and 2. Saying they censored you is slanderous(or libel, I don't know the difference) and you will be thrown in jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  8. #398
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24,362
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    That's thinking like an American.


    Accept when you say the company you work for is censoring you.
    Because 1. They can.
    and 2. Saying they censored you is slanderous(or libel, I don't know the difference) and you will be thrown in jail.
    Jebus, they get you coming and going, don't they? What a screwed up system



  9. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Jebus, they get you coming and going, don't they? What a screwed up system
    I'm starting to think we have more lawyers than cops.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  10. #400
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24,362
    Blog Entries
    6
    Here's some Australian things just for Bodom





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.