Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    You can't really go anywhere storyline wise with Roode winning the championship. The hardworking guy who busts his ass every night finally getting the title won't help ratings. It didn't help in '96 when HBK did it and it didn't help in '04 when Benoit did it. I see a much more interesting storyline taking place that involves Roode turning heel(which he's better at in my opinion).
    Benoit - March till August, ratings were over 3.0 even hitting 4.0 a few times.
    Micheals - March till Heel turn, the ratings were increasing from the above 2.0 it performed...

Roode could have turned heel as well for winning the title. It made the entire concept of that tournament pointless. Imagine if the first MitB winner failed to cash it in?

Blog Entries
    BFG was about demonstrating how hard work pays off, and seeing a TNA Original in Roode capture his first World Championship in the singles division. This storyline could have went a long way, they could have had Storm turn heel, which he's great at also, to go after Roode for the Title. The bottom line is Hogans ego screwed everyone including himself and the TNA company. Now Bischoff and Hogan are tweeting the only thing they know - Bullsh**. Trying to save face. They are making decisions in the spur of the moment and by the seat of their pants, this is no way to run a company. Look at what happened to WCW because of the exact same inflated egos of Bischoff and Hogan.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

I Find James Storm winning as Great Tv Finally something good to tune in and watch and say yes change let's see what story happens now
    With 2 new main eventers in beer money
    And The Focus could officially turn to the New Generation talent..now is the best way to do it with hogan out of power and shit
    Fuck eric ,they can now leave!

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    You can't really go anywhere storyline wise with Roode winning the championship. The hardworking guy who busts his ass every night finally getting the title won't help ratings. It didn't help in '96 when HBK did it and it didn't help in '04 when Benoit did it. I see a much more interesting storyline taking place that involves Roode turning heel(which he's better at in my opinion).
    Well maybe for Michaels they didn't but for Benoit like Rassling_Fan said, they went up, ironically they decreased when Orton was posted to become the new champion. But Benoit was on fire, he was even used to help Edge go back on track when he came back form injury. That they later didn't knew how to exploit it is another issue.

Wen Austin won his first Royal Rumble AS A FACE, everyone was getting on his bandwagon, that is how hard work paid off, Austin was just too much to be denied, WM 14 was his moment and here was no turning back, not saying Roode is Austin, far from it, but from a stand point, the situation is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    BFG was about demonstrating how hard work pays off, and seeing a TNA Original in Roode capture his first World Championship in the singles division. This storyline could have went a long way, they could have had Storm turn heel, which he's great at also, to go after Roode for the Title. The bottom line is Hogans ego screwed everyone including himself and the TNA company. Now Bischoff and Hogan are tweeting the only thing they know - Bullsh**. Trying to save face. They are making decisions in the spur of the moment and by the seat of their pants, this is no way to run a company. Look at what happened to WCW because of the exact same inflated egos of Bischoff and Hogan.
    Exactly. Predictable or not, sometimes is just to demonstrate hard work. I mean you just can't go to deny things to fans and create something and then tarnished to make this unpredictable and then give it to a guy that hasn't won a singles match since 2008. I mean like I said, like Storm a lot and he deserves it but character wise is crap, at least Roode won the BFG series that are just worthless now. That shit was supposed to be like THE tournament, the one that will put people in the way for greatness, now who the fuck cares? Not even the first winner got to make his dream come true.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter if it was Roode, Crimson or AJ or whoever, the first winner should have gotten the belt, to make that tournament mean something, especially with someone who has never been able to get that shot, Now the whole thing is worthless just for the "shocking" moment at Bound for Glory and the "Shocking" moment at Impact.

I thought that too, but then i thought its JAMES F'N STORM!!!

"Do you come from a land down under?
    Where women glow and men plunder?
    Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
    You better run, you better take cover"

Blog Entries
    Probably for a Roode and Storm feud. However seeing how unpredictable TNA is it's hard to even say what could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Very good read.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike View Post
    It was a great opinion piece and a great read. However does it really matter if this is a master plan or flying by the seat of there pants? Its an interesting angle. IMO I would have rather had Roode win but now they have two new main eventers that will hopefully have a great long feud. I mean its not like they are the first major wrestling company to go on the fly with this stuff happens almost every raw or wwe ppv.

What should they convey to the general public " hey we just up and changed stuff cause were bored or think we can book it better" I have never been a big fan of got your nose angles or "who sent the text" type stuff. I will be happy to watch t/m night but weather this is a master plan or last minute change up is indifferent it happened and there is no going back
    I just hope they don't suffer because of it! I suppose as long as it's not given straight back to Jeff, I'll see where this goes!!

Blog Entries
    Thats right Eric and Terry. Mock the people who you need to make TNA bigger. That'll definately work for you.

People need to drop egos and just ignore tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    Thats right Eric and Terry. Mock the people who you need to make TNA bigger. That'll definately work for you.

People need to drop egos and just ignore tweets.
    Sometimes you think they're operating under the belief they have really improved the ratings and buy rates, since they've been there! They really do seem to think, they can alienate a lot of people and it not have an adverse effect! It remains to be seen!