Breaking News Palmer to Oakland

Carson Palmer is going to be traded to the Raiders for 2 1st round picks.... WOW stupid trade i think but also upgrade at QB with the trade it's Super Bowl or bust now for Oakland. thoughts?

Not exactly an accurate description of what is going on, although I read this too. Yes, Oakland did already trade away their 2012 first round pick, but the second pick is a conditional pick that may become a first rounder.

The deal is nowhere near to being confirmed though, Oakland has not even canceled their scheduled Quarterback workouts, and Brown is known for being very stubborn in this sort of thing, remember when Chad Johnson was nearly traded away for two first round picks? The deadline for trades is 4pm today though...so if it isn't confirmed by then, I'm going to assume the trade is a no go.

Is it worth it? It really depends on how well Carson Palmer can play, he was unhappy in Cincinnati, and now that he's in a place that could make him happier, maybe he'll play harder. He's 31 years old though, so it really depends.

Maybe Oakland doesn't think that they needed the first round pick anyway, they're already doing somewhat OK as far as standings go, and taking a Quarterback could have ended up being a risky move, that may have resulted in a bust pick. They had Jason Campbell, so Carson Palmer may be somewhat of a step up, or maybe it will be a step down, but right now they don't even have Campbell...so it's pretty apparent right now, they can either get a Quarterback, or they can start dropping out of the AFC West.

Although I think that they could've done something better then Carson Palmer with their first round pick, and another possible first round pick, but with the time they have before the deadline, this is probably their best option.
    Summer of Jabe

Yes i know, didn't wanna go into to many details but either way he is not that stupid to turn this down.... no way palmer is not even worth 1 1st rounder and possibly another and next year they will have to let him go or cut a bunch of players.... that will pay

Yeah for Carson Palmer, it probably isn't worth it. Really though, who knows? Maybe Palmer will be able to finally shake off all the Cincinnati cobwebs and break out.

I think it is nearly confirmed though, mostly people are saying it's confirmed, and on his Wikipedia page it's already saying he was traded to Oakland.

1st Round though? Hell, you can't even trade Tom Brady for one first round pick on Madden...

pfft, Santonio Holmes was traded away for a 5th round pick! And Palmer is traded away for 2...Oakland and Cincinnati, I can't say I'm too fond of either of them being a Steelers fan.
    Summer of Jabe

if Carson Palmer plays like the Carson Palmer that played in Cincinnati than this is a great trade for the Raiders.

I don't really think it's Super Bowl or bust though for the Raiders. One because there's no way in hell the Raiders win the Super Bowl and two, Palmer is coming in mid-season. I'd say Oakland will have more pressure on them next year and beyond than they do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    if Carson Palmer plays like the Carson Palmer that played in Cincinnati than this is a great trade for the Raiders.

I don't really think it's Super Bowl or bust though for the Raiders. One because there's no way in hell the Raiders win the Super Bowl and two, Palmer is coming in mid-season. I'd say Oakland will have more pressure on them next year and beyond than they do right now.
    The same Carson Palmer who has never brought his team to a Superbowl? Just because I guy puts up stats doesn't mean he's a good Quarterback. Why can't the Raiders win the Superbowl? They are 4-2 right now, and honestly their division isn't too pretty, they're only competition is the Chargers...and that's because the Chargers just had their bye week....you never know when a team will break out in the playoffs and win it all. Green Bay was the 6th seed last year, and now they're everyone's favorite team.
    Summer of Jabe

"The same Carson Palmer who has never brought his team to a Superbowl? Just because I guy puts up stats doesn't mean he's a good Quarterback."

That proves he's a good QB on a bad team. Winning is a team accomplishment and should be treated as such. The fact that the Bengals defense couldn't guard a bank with a machine gun in those days shouldn't take away from just how good Palmer truly was in Cincinnati.

"Why can't the Raiders win the Superbowl?"

Because they're really not that good. They've had 2 good games and while Palmer will keep them around .500 they won't be making any real playoff noise until at least next season.