Blog Entries

Rhodes + Orton Feud (Spoilers)

Now, after seeing what has been transpiring between the 2 the past few weeks, first off, I would like to say I love this feud, I am a huge fan of Rhodes and his wrestling and promo skills. His gimmick...not so much, but that is besides the point. But I see this feud as a possible 2 things in my mind right now:

1. With this feud, and Rhodes being the Intercontinental Champion and Orton being a World Title contender for a long time, could this mean Orton is being bumped down a bit to the level Rhodes is on right now (I realize that the IC title is not on the line at Vengeance, which I'm sad about because Rhodes makes a great champ, but I understand because it is Orton he is fighting and with his world title feuds and reigns and all that, etc.)?

2. Is Rhodes finally getting a feud that will push him to the world title picture and him be a contender for fighting for it at Survivor Series with all the big heels and faces potentially fighting in a 5 on 5 match at SS? I mean, Orton, Rock, Cena, Punk and one other babyface potentially against ADR, Mark Henry, Miz, R-Truth and Christian perhaps (not exact rosters, this is just an educated guess)? Leaving maybe...Big Show vs. Rhodes for title at SS? With him dropping the title to someone else on Smackdown in the coming weeks and then winning #1 contendership for the title at SS?

- What do you guys think? If you have any other ideas, by all means, this is just what I'm thinking, but what do you guys think? Thanks!
    Ryan Wells:

- Former JBW TV Champion
    - Former EWNCW Evolution Champion
    - Former Undisputed BWA Grand Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

Xavier Hightower:

- Former RTE Tag Team Champion
    (w/ Kaige Chamberlain)

The title says spoilers but it isn't in the spoiler section?
    ‚Äč

Blog Entries
    I feel that no one would read it/notice it there. I'm not the only one doing it man, so I just put spoilers so people know they are there if they don't want to read. That's all.
    Ryan Wells:

- Former JBW TV Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

Xavier Hightower:

(w/ Kaige Chamberlain)

Is it for the IC title because I'm pretty sure it isn't. IMO it should be, bring a bit of prestige back to the title with a good solid feud.

Blog Entries
    I like to think of this as a promotion for Cody and not a demotion for Orton. Hopefully Orton will put Cody over, but as he has been pinned at the last 2 PPVs, I dont see him losing again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Is it for the IC title because I'm pretty sure it isn't. IMO it should be, bring a bit of prestige back to the title with a good solid feud.
    It is NOT for the title last time I checked.
    Ryan Wells:

- Former JBW TV Champion
    (w/ Gillz)

Xavier Hightower:

(w/ Kaige Chamberlain)

Its nice to see someone using Orton as a stepping stone to bigger things rather than the other way around

Anyone else think this is because of the comments Orton made some time back? Its like a promotion for Rhodes and a demotion for Orton at the same time.

I think it's just something to hold Orton over while someone else goes for the belt for a little bit, after Big Show/Henery is done Orton will be right back in the title picture. It will give Cody a little bump up the ladder, but he won't get the big belt anytime soon.