Any of you run a promotion

I am considering starting a promotion in my area and basically am wondering if any of my fellow EWN companions are involved with any promotions of your own and could lend tips and advice if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poot-Hair View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Just the basics to any promotion:

The money which is to be a lot to pay cost of space renting, the ring, the talents, etc.

Securing a few key talents to make people actually want to go see the shows, like say you get MVP and Ken Doane two big names people know and would actually want to see then the rest of the roster can be local wrestlers.

Promotion is key, you got flyers, radio, local TV air time, etc. if people know nothing of your promotion they wont go see it.

Aside from keep people happy with ticket prices, merchandise, food, etc. and always give them a reason to come back with great storylines and great talents to deliver great shows.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 68wPayne View Post
    I am considering starting a promotion in my area and basically am wondering if any of my fellow EWN companions are involved with any promotions of your own and could lend tips and advice if needed.
    I have in Canada many times! The key is to start small, avoid the big names i.e WWE legends. People like Bundy, Beefcake, Greg Valentine or Honky Tonk Man would be around 4k. Another deal I've done with some people before is we do a 75% - 25% split on the show where 75% of the ticket sales goes to me for the ring, local wrestlers sound system ect and the other 25% goes to the promoter but the promoter does all the advertising and provides the building.
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

Quote Originally Posted by THEKEVINBRAND View Post
    I have in Canada many times! The key is to start small, avoid the big names i.e WWE legends. People like Bundy, Beefcake, Greg Valentine or Honky Tonk Man would be around 4k. Another deal I've done with some people before is we do a 75% - 25% split on the show where 75% of the ticket sales goes to me for the ring, local wrestlers sound system ect and the other 25% goes to the promoter but the promoter does all the advertising and provides the building.
    I was looking at guys who could draw a crowd. Do you think people like Paul London or Val Venis or Al Snow would charge that much? I know I want someone but I figured guys like Bobby Lashley and X-Pac would charge way too much.
    I'll third that. Angelina looks like a heroin addict. Her skin is more leathery than Hogans.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Instead of Chyna concentrating on getting back into wrestling she needs to concentrate on getting that 8 inch she-bean that she has hanging between her legs removed...

Hey since you got experience you mind PMing me your e-mail that way I can ask you questions whenever needed?

Banned
    I think your better off like someone else said getting 2 big names that can draw a big enough crowd to full the rental space and then the rest of your wrestlers be local guys or guys from the indy seen who will wrestler for no more than 500 bucks at best. I'm a wrestler myself and the most i got paid was 300 bucks a match. As far as a ring goes you can get a nice size one for cheap should not be no more than like 2k i believe. My friend has one out here and he paid around that much and its a decent size and it comes with everything you need. As far Security goes if your renting like a gym or something not that big you can get away with hiring maybe like 6 or 7 big guys the last match i had there was only like 5 Security Guards and the Crowd was pretty Cool no one got out of hand or try to get in the ring or anything. Good luck tho Hopefully when you have you first show you can video record it and share it with us I would love to see the outcome.

yeah I would definently record it. Highspots.com rents a ring for $300 plus milage is $600. Wouldn't buy a ring until I knew I could have frequent shows and draw. I know a local wrestler who knows plenty of other wrestlers so I could use him as my connection. I was planning on paying talent around 100-200 bucks depending on how much money I save and sponsors and stuff like that. Got a venue in mind just need to price it. Found a list of bookable talent and hoping for a main event of something involving someone like Val Venis, Al Snow, or Raven. I am figuring they will ask for a fee plus hotel and mileage so I gotta figure that out. Planning on concessions being like cans of coke, water, popcorn, hotdogs, shit like that. I know nothing about sound systems so I'm screwed on that, hopefully find a friend or something like that. I figure if I make it for a cause then people will come like "portion of procedes go to St. Jude Children's Hospital (which is in Memphis, not too far) or a local organization.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Zero View Post
    Just the basics to any promotion:

The money which is to be a lot to pay cost of space renting, the ring, the talents, etc.

Securing a few key talents to make people actually want to go see the shows, like say you get MVP and Ken Doane two big names people know and would actually want to see then the rest of the roster can be local wrestlers.

Promotion is key, you got flyers, radio, local TV air time, etc. if people know nothing of your promotion they wont go see it.

Aside from keep people happy with ticket prices, merchandise, food, etc. and always give them a reason to come back with great storylines and great talents to deliver great shows.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
    Perfect advice from SEZ

i'd just say dont try and grow too quick take your time and go with what is hot
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...

Banned
    yeah I would definently record it. Highspots.com rents a ring for $300 plus milage is $600. Wouldn't buy a ring until I knew I could have frequent shows and draw. I know a local wrestler who knows plenty of other wrestlers so I could use him as my connection. I was planning on paying talent around 100-200 bucks depending on how much money I save and sponsors and stuff like that. Got a venue in mind just need to price it. Found a list of bookable talent and hoping for a main event of something involving someone like Val Venis, Al Snow, or Raven. I am figuring they will ask for a fee plus hotel and mileage so I gotta figure that out. Planning on concessions being like cans of coke, water, popcorn, hotdogs, shit like that. I know nothing about sound systems so I'm screwed on that, hopefully find a friend or something like that. I figure if I make it for a cause then people will come like "portion of procedes go to St. Jude Children's Hospital (which is in Memphis, not too far) or a local organization.
    Seems like you going in the right direction Best advice i can give is try to make as much connections as you can because some stuff you may think you have to pay for someone else maybe willing to do or give you for cheaper or for free even sometimes

Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries
    Even if proceeds go to a local charity, wrestlers sometimes are gonna wrestle for their full price. So chances are you may need to start ith local wrestlers first and then whenever you have a good profit, you can get guys like Al Snow, Val Venis etc. There's a site with various contact names of former WWE/TNA names
    you can view the site by clicking here
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!