Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Post Smackdown vs Raw 2011 - The 147th Official Thread

I looked for a thread on this, I really did(but not very hard). Anyway, I want to discuss this game as it is set to be released soon.

Firstly, the tv ads - while they feature the usual suspects - Cena; Mysterio; Orton - I also noticed that The Dudebusters feature - even if it is guys getting beat up!

Secondly, the roster. You can view it here;
    http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/roster
    I must say there's a few surprises! The least of these is that they have both Orton and Sheamus with the WWE belt, not sure why they've portrayed anyone holding titles actually. Surprising inclusions include -
    Vance Archer
    Batista?
    Paul Bearer (he's been back 5 minutes, WWE must have had this planned for ages)
    Shelton Benjamin
    Hornswoggle
    Mike Knox. WTF?
    David Otunga
    Justin Gabriel
    Lex Luger
    There's 2 empty spots for Smackdown which I'm assuming will be filled by The Dudebusters (hopefully) but may be reserved for Kaval, Hennig or Rotundo and 2 empty Legend spots too. Lmao, I bet it's not Hogan or Flair!!! Only 3 members of Nexus?

I am looking forward to playing this years version. Hopefully there won't be a continuation of the makers removing good features and replacing them with lame new ideas. Why can't they take all the good parts of each one and make a super kick ass version?

I am a huge fan of this game series and have had ever one of them since the original came out, and to be honest I'm getting a bit antsy now that were don't to two weeks.

And for anyone who wants to see them on youtube, SVRGlobal's channel has almost every wrestler's entrance and finisher loaded up
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Love the games, but not a real big fan on what it takes in those games to execute a move, and how they changed the controls drastically. I hope they removed the season mode (which always sucks) from the game an added General Manager mode back.

Like you said Paul Bearer has been back for what, maybe 2 weeks now and he's already on the roster, yet I don't see Daniel Bryan anywhere? You think they would have the current U.S. Champ on the Roster.

Because they will make money selling Daniel Bryan as DLC.

What is Shelton Benjamin doing there - he has been gone for ages.

I'm going to bitch about this game but, just to let you know what a fool I am - I'm still buying a copy.

Things I hope they get right this year:

1) The damn camera angles, especially outside the ring. The past 2 editions sucked.

2) I still spot CAW material from early PS2 games - and get better trunks and boots in there too!

3) More backstage areas - and where did those special backstage interactive finishers go??

4) More interactive submission moves - I think we had more 4 years ago.

5) More alternative looks for superstars - it looks like we are not getting bald CM Punk.
    Always blame the fat guy.

I'm still bummed about losing the innovative GM mode to a lackluster "story mode" witth no direction or purpose.
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling

I always find SVR games have so much potential each year and always fail to deliver.

I loved the last one SVR 2010, but I think thats cause the last one before that I bought was back on PS2 so everything was new to me. Theres so much they need to improve however. Better AI, better stories, better Co-Op story, better animations, more customisation, better online servers and these are just to name a few.

And why does CM Punk look like the Prince of Persia? I want him in his mask with a better entrance.

"I am going to put on a Nexus shirt and armband and go drink the tears of John Cena fans."
    - Joey Styles

Blog Entries
    "More backstage areas - and where did those special backstage interactive finishers go?"- agreed!

"And why does CM Punk look like the Prince of Persia?" - lmfao!

Blog Entries
    What I hate most is they introduce new features while removing others from the previous years versions, when you know they could have easily left things in there.

The last 2 versions haven't done much for me, I'm back to occasionally playing 2008 (because I have a lot of CAW's on there), but I will give this new one a go