RAW Recall - January 17, 2011 - Part One
What is RAW Recall?
Each week I will review RAW and give my thoughts and insight on stories and characters as well as tell you how I would book certain segments on the show. This is the only place on the internet to get a former creative team members thoughts and insight on RAW.
Segment One: John Cena –The Miz – CM Punk Promo
* The Miz interruption seems to be the prelude to the inevitable John Cena vs. The Miz WWE Championship Match at WrestleMania. Miz is right though, John Cena is played out. That was one reason I was very big on pushing Miz to win Money in the Bank and the WWE Title. (I will get into the original story as to who was supposed to win Money in the Bank in a later “TV and Pay Per View Recall”)
* WWE recognized they had limited star power in this years Rumble. Their way to make it seem as big as possible? Add 10 Superstars and call it the biggest Royal Rumble in history.
* The Rock was funny when he made fun of wrestlers, its not funny when Cena does it. Cena’s jokes are elementary and far from clever. Irritable bowl syndrome? Come on!
* Did Cena really call out Miz for not being in a match since winning the WWE Title? Does Cena watch RAW? Miz has defended his Title in a TLC match, competed in a Tag Team Match, a Six-Man Tag Team Match and again defended his Title in a Falls Count Anywhere Match since winning the WWE Title in November.
* Miz’s comment to Cena, “You are so corny” is spot on!
* The whole “I am the best wrestler in history” character works for Miz. It’s been put on a lot of guys but it works with Miz because everyone has held his in ring ability against him.
* The new look NEXUS is much better without Slater and Gabriel and fit CM Punk’s image a lot better.
* I don’t see the logic behind Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov coming to the aid of Cena
How I’d Book It: Well they accomplished three things: Everyone in NEXUS not named CM Punk is still not a threat to John Cena. They pointed out how Miz is not a WrestleMania Main Event level Superstar and of course NEXUS got their ass handed to them by a comedic wrestler who acts surprised when his offense actually works. Where do I begin on how to book this? We haven’t heard from Cena since the formation of the new NEXUS. Have Cena respond to the reformation of the group and send a warning to Punk that tonight he will destroy the group. Have Punk come out and try to get a word out but Cena says Punk has talked for the past two weeks. No more talking, tonight they fight. Finally, have the GM chime in with his announcement that NEXUS is banned from ringside get reactions and get on with the show.
Segment Two: WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. The Usos – WWE Tag Team Championship Match
* Usos need some character development. I wrote their debut promo and feel they had momentum after that night. Unfortunately Vince didn’t understand the hip-hop culture and cut their balls off before anything could get going with them.
How I’d Book It: I’m okay with this. I hope they do it more often. Build up potential challengers for champions and have anticipated Title matches. BUT… I would eliminate the formulaic challengers beat champions to earn a Title opportunity theory that is used far far too often.
Segment Three and Four: United States Champion Daniel Bryan (w/ Bella Twins) vs. John Morrison – Non-Title Match
* Don’t get very many babyface vs. babyface or heel vs. heel matches in WWE. Which means you miss out on great matches like this.
* Vince’s philosophy on Bryan is he isn’t an ass kicker but he can beat you because he can capitalize on your mistakes. In this instance, it works. On the other hand Vince thinks John Morrison can’t kick anyone’s ass in a real fight therefore he can’t be a top babyface. Morrison has the chance to take the ball and run with it, but he is running uphill.
* What WWE doesn’t understand (even when I tried to point it out) is that Morrison was constantly the highest rated segment on Smackdown each week when he had a series of matches against Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and CM Punk. In other words people want to see him, so put your personal feelings aside and do what your paying audience asks for and apparently people tune in when Morrison is on TV.
* WWE 101: Challenger defeats Champion in a Non-Title Match. This sets up a United States Championship Match at Royal Rumble but something doesn’t seem right, no heel…
* As I type that here comes Sheamus…
* Sheamus made Morrison. That is true, beating Sheamus gave Morrison the credibility he needed to get to the next level.
* Why exactly does Sheamus care about eliminating Daniel Bryan? And the sarcastic Morrison should have been given the opportunity to respond. Why would two babyfaces let a heel come out and talk about them and have nothing to say?
* So this promo didn’t set up a Triple Threat Match at Royal Rumble
How I’d Book It: I liked the match and if you wanted a Sheamus promo I would have had him challenge both Bryan and Morrison to a match at Rumble to show his dominance by winning the United States Title and the Rumble in one night. Sheamus can then go into Rumble proclaiming to be the first Superstar to win the King of the Ring, win the Royal Rumble and hold both the United States and WWE Championship then headline WrestleMania.
RAW Recall - January 17, 2011 - Part Two
Segment Five: SHORT #1
* BACKSTAGE: Bella Twins talk about how sexy Morrison is yet they want to sleep with Daniel Bryan? Hmm... I had originally pitched a virgin storyline for Evan Bourne. Bellas pitched this love triangle with Bryan to me on my final week on the road. It can work if done right but will be hard to pull this off in their PG environment. Hard to do a story about sex when you can’t say the word sex on the show.
* At this point Dolph Ziggler is a regular on RAW. I think your also seeing hints on who may be coming over to RAW in this years draft (Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler)
How I’d Book It: I think a nice swerve here would be to reveal that Bryan has been so awkward around Bellas because he has a girlfriend. The kicker is in what his type really is and it’s not skinny Hispanic girls but Awesome Kong.
Segment Six: Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/ Vickie Guerrero)
* Dolph looks good in this match. Dolph is there!
* They can’t have a finish here, Dolph is looking like a real threat and it will all be taken away if Orton beats him.
* On the other hand I don’t think your hurting Orton by having him lose.
* With the popularity of MMA you would think they would try to legitimize their moves. Perfect example, the sleeper hold. They need to learn how to apply a rear naked choke. This is why people laugh at wrestling. If you want your product to be reality based, it starts inside the ring.
* With Orton going over you just showed that Dolph can get close but can’t win the big one. You just told your audience Dolph is not a huge threat to Edge at Rumble. Remember when Dolph couldn’t win the IC Title after 15 opportunities?
* Perfect fit for Miz’s character here. Weaken your opponent before the match and do it when his back is turned. Miz needs to find clever ways to get heat because no one wants to see him be a tough guy Champion, he needs to speak like he has some balls but when it comes down to it the only fight you'll get with him is when your back is turned.
* Enough Lawler already... PLEASE. Your announcer should not be able to knockout your current Superstars with one shot. Come on!
* By the way what good is having Riley as your apprentice if he is just a punching bag? What incentive does Miz have for keeping him employed?
How I’d Book It: Simple. Dolph over Orton. You’ve put Edge in jeopardy at the Rumble and have a legitimate heel that can brag about this victory for years. Orton has a dominant performance at Rumble when…. NOT YET! I am going to make you wait for my Royal Rumble predictions before revealing that! Orton needs to do something more than have heelish tendencies to become the star WWE is banking on. Stone Cold was cool because Stone Cold did things the audience wished they could do. Orton hasn’t provided that. They need to find creative things for Orton to do backstage and in the arena. I will reveal some of my pitches for Orton that were ignored in a later article.
Segment Seven: WWE Divas Champion Natalya vs. Maryse – Non-Title Match
* Miz – Orton Replays – OVER KILL! This just happened moments ago, let people feel like they missed something if they weren’t watching. You give the audience zero incentive to tune in if they feel like anything worth seeing will be shoved down your throat for two hours.
* CM Punk – NEXUS BACKSTAGE - I love the transformation of NEXUS under the control of Punk. Very cult like. This is perfect for Punk.
* Why is Eve on commentary? I love Eve, but just because she isn’t on TV doesn’t mean you put her on in situations that are meaningless and will expose her weakness.
* Here is the match that was supposed to happen last week but the show was running long.
* These Divas probably got zero prep for commentary. I say that because they never have in the past. They are lost out there!
* Maryse wrestles how Divas should wrestle. She is a hot girl who fights like a hot girl. The money in the Divas division is with Maryse, Michelle McCool, Natalya and Eve.
* These girls need coaching before going on commentary, it does no one any good for them to be completely clueless on what to do out there. This is BAD!
* To me this is the money match for the Divas division on RAW.
* Really, what was the point of Melina on commentary?
* Here comes an embarrassing segment for Ted Dibiase.
* Ted DiBiase doing his best Jack Swagger circa 2009. An Over the Top Rope Challenge? Ugh. Cue Mark Henry…
* Ted DiBiase has turned into a complete joke. Vince McMahon may find Dibiase “boring” but they are wasting a good talent. I worked really close with DiBiase when I was there because I saw a ton of potential in him, instead WWE continues to want to showcase certain Superstars weakness as opposed to finding what their strengths are. I am the first person to blame because being the Fortunate Son was not best suited for him. But that doesn’t mean they should give up on him. You deserve better Ted!
How I’d Book It: I wouldn’t!
Segment Eight: Mark Henry vs. Ted DiBiase - Over the Top Rope Challenge
* The Brian Gewirtz special. The Over the Top Rope Challenge. At one point there was a running joke within the RAW writing team that Gewirtz would pitch some sort of Battle Royal each week and he did for about a month. Looks like he couldn’t resist and they are back.
* And the go to guy, Mark Henry. No one called that!
* I give Dibiase less than a minute.
* There you go, that might have been 30 seconds.
* Here is the “show the fans what a Royal Rumble Match is” segment of the night.
* What upside is there in Mark Henry? Why do they constantly make Henry look strong at the expense of younger talent with upside? Especially at the expense of hurting Sheamus.
* Here comes another RAW, er Smackdown Superstar. Alberto Del Rio with the “you need to think he is winning Rumble push”
How I’d Book It: See how I would book the last segment
Segment Nine: SHORT #2
* Derrick Bateman vignette was pointless and a waste of time. What was the point of this?
* Champion vs. Champion next week. There goes any speculation they are unifying the Titles at Wrestlemania.
* They are really stacking RAW with big matches. This is Vince’s response to the lackluster ratings and is in panic mode. Although these matches are great you need a good show, not a good segment. More compelling stories and characters as well as must see matches is the way to get viewers back and find new viewers to catch on.
How I’d Book It: I would have scrapped that Derrick Bateman vignette the second I saw it.
Segment Ten and Eleven: John Cena vs. CM Punk – New NEXUS is Banned from Ringside
* Early public service announcement by Jerry Lawler obviously fed to him by Vince, “if your asked to be initiated into a group say no.”
* B:Roll of last weeks initiation. Enough!!!
* One of two things will happen here. A new member of NEXUS will be revealed exposing the loophole in the stipulation or NEXUS gets involved when Cena has Punk up for the AA causing a DQ and next week NEXUS members earn their way back into the Rumble match.
* This new CM Punk is great!
* This forehead-to-forehead stand off really pisses Vince off. Thinks its trite 1980s wrasslin’ bullsh*t.
* If you wanted to rid the WWE of John Cena wouldn’t you much rather keep the Anaconda Vice locked in and take the DQ loss resulting in an injury to Cena? That finish would have also made Punk a bigger threat to Cena.
* Mason Ryan, the FCW Champion, looking like Batista. A guy who in October Vince wouldn’t let work dark matches because he wasn’t ready and he didn’t want to expose him because Mason was supposed to draw money for them in the future. He didn’t look much improved. Good look though.
* Interesting note here, when Skip Sheffield went down with his injury last year I pitched Mason Ryan to take his spot in NEXUS. It was rejected.
* Because if you’re a heel stable you need to have a powerhouse to be legitimate right Vince?
* This means Skip Sheffield returns as a babyface. Vince actually sees Skip as a potential #2 babyface in the company.
How I’d Book It: I would have liked to see a one segment match where Punk just takes a beating, never attempting offense. At the end of the beating Punk keeps asking for more eventually leading to a few AA’s by Cena. On the third attempt at an AA Mason Ryan does his run in and drops Cena. Ryan carries Punk out of the ring mimicking Jesus carrying a cross, in this case Punk would be the cross.
Story Recall: Money in the Bank 2010 - Part One
What is Story Recall?
Each week I will write a column recalling either an episode of RAW, Smackdown, ECW, NXT, a Pay-Per-View or storyline while giving running commentary and a never before seen behind the scene account of the event or storyline. Did the show or story play out the way it was originally planned? It’s all revealed here.
Money in the Bank - July 18, 2010
I will go on record and say that this is ONE themed Pay-Per-View that I actually think works. As much as I enjoy Hell in a Cell matches or TLC matches I prefer them as blow off stipulations to stories as opposed to a stipulation to a match simply because that is the theme of the PPV that month.
Segment One: Big Show vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Cody Rhodes – Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match·
We start off the show with the three-man booth. Jerry Lawler is not a big fan of Matt Striker and it shows at certain times during these three man booths.
· Kofi Kingston was originally set to defend his Intercontinental Title at the PPV against Cody Rhodes but both were added to the match so that it had the biggest star power possible from Smackdown. If my memory serves me right the two Superstars they replaced were Luke Gallows and… hmm well the other escapes me at the moment.
· As much as it seems Christian turns into the fan favorite choice to win Money in the Bank Match each year it’s not going to happen. Christian is seen as a good hand that can help some of the younger talent and does not have a lot of support from higher ups to be a Main Event guy. Edge vs. Christian as a Main Event program has been pitched to death and rejected every time.
· Cody Rhodes was actually a heavy favorite amongst the Smackdown writers to win the briefcase.
· Before Christian was injured a story was being developed to turn Christian heel and work a program with Matt Hardy. The seeds were being dropped on Smackdown at the time Christian was injured.
· Drew McIntyre. Walking into the arena that day Drew McIntyre was set to win the Money in the Bank briefcase. But Drew wasn’t the Superstar who was originally set to win. That was Kane, but was changed later after Kevin Dunn agreed with my philosophy that it would benefit a younger guy to carry that briefcase for a while. So it was set one week before the Pay-Per-View, Drew was to win Money in the Bank. While in the production meeting hours before the show a case was made to have Kane win the briefcase and cash in that night. The thought process? Sheamus was retaining the WWE Title; Miz was winning the RAW Money in the Bank (more on this later) and certain people felt like the average fan would have the feeling too many heels won. Keep in mind Kane would turn heel by defeating one of the most popular WWE Superstars in WWE by cashing in. None to less, the feeling was that this was the first ever Money in the Bank PPV and something needed to happen to brand this PPV as “anything can happen.” I gave the argument that the current storyline had Kane wanting to capture the holy grail for his brother and by doing so tonight took away any future story you had with Kane trying to take it off a someone who may have “took out” Undertaker. I added Kane should challenge Mysterio at Summerslam and go over there.
· Michael Cole, “For the first time Kane enters into the Money in the Ladder Match arena.”
· I pitched Drew McIntyre a story that would kick off after Money in the Bank in which he would be the Superstar to have taken out Undertaker… with some help. I will write a column on this in a future “Story Recall: Who Took Out the Undertaker?”
· Big Show breaking the ladder with his foot and chopping another step off was a great spot for Big Show and needs to be done more often to help establish Big Show as a GIANT.
· I will get into this more during the RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match but I was in the minority, let me take that back, I was the only one opposed to the original Money in the Bank winners during our creative team meetings. Others may have agreed with me but no one spoke up.
· Michael Hayes, Pat Patterson and Jamie noble did an amazing job putting this match together!
· Cody Rhodes needs his own iPhone app: “How to be Dashing” giving tips, motivating sound bites by Cody and include a virtual mirror. I will enjoy Cody Rhodes success as I was told multiple times when writing Cody Rhodes promos, that I just need to say what I would say because I was “Dashing” Cody Rhodes. I don’t think it was meant as a compliment but I made it one!
· Kofi Kingston’s Boom Drop off the top of the ladder will live forever!
· The giant ladder was a legitimate giant pain. It was hard to get in the ring and had to be rehearsed before the show to ensure Big Show wouldn’t cut the ring apron when bringing it in.
· Mike Rotunda, the producer of the RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match was upset that producers utilized the mini ladder in this match as he had a spot for it in the RAW match.
· Kofi Kingston had a star making performance in this match, and for the second time in his career it was not capitalized on.
· Big Show being buried in a pile of ladders was great!
· I am watching this for the very first time in its entirety and Dolph Ziggler narrowly escaped injury when Kane threw him over the top rope and Dolph got his ankle stuck in the ropes. Wow.
· I know Kane winning was unexpected but Kane didn’t need to win the briefcase. Kane is bigger than the briefcase and when you have opportunities like this to “make someone” by simply having them win a match (Money in the Bank, Royal Rumble, etc) I think you need to capitalize on it. It’s tough getting guys over these days and these are free passes that need to be utilized.
· Who were you hoping would win the Smackdown Money in the Bank briefcase? Let everyone know in the comments section.
· Sheamus Backstage Interview: “The great white shark” line is a perfect example of trying to appease Vince McMahon who enjoys animal kingdom references. We have all been guilty of it.
Segment Two: Eve vs. Divas Champion Alicia Fox – Divas Championship Match
It’s small, but I HAAAATE when the Divas do their pose at the top of the ramp. Ok wait maybe I don’t but I hate when there is more than one girl on stage and they both do it. LayCool’s routine doesn’t count.
· I would have enjoyed a lengthy Title reign by Eve as Divas Champion because I think Eve could have brought a lot of legitimacy to the division because of her Jiu-Jitsu background. Unfortunately Eve lost the Title because we wanted to brand Fatal Four Way by having fans feel the Title is at jeopardy in a Fatal Four Way Match. I believe we proved that by having every single Title change hands in a Fatal Four Way Match that night.
· Eve looks like a super hero. Its rare you can find a Diva that can seem larger than life and WWE has that in Eve but fails to capitalize on that. I enjoyed sitting with Eve and hearing her ideas for stories. I wish more of them were used.
Segment Three: Hart Dynasty (w/ Natalya) vs. The Usos (w/ Tamina)
Usos fell victim to bad timing. Usos seemed to be on a roll when we debuted them. I was proud of the promo The Usos and I wrote for their debut. Unfortunately two things happened. Nexus debuted shortly after and Vince didn’t understand the hip-hop culture thus didn’t get the appeal of the Usos. I think he was wrong. My wife doesn’t watch wrestling, but she found the Usos entertaining. That should say something.
· I’d like to see the Usos get a little personality. There is nothing wrong with adding a little “Rikishi” to their characters.
· When the Usos debuted they almost became babyfaces. The idea was to debut Usos as heels but slowly show Hart Dynasty with heelish tendencies slowly swapping what team played what role. The idea was scrapped shortly after.
· The original idea behind the Usos was to present them as the opposite of what you would expect out of a Samoan Superstar. Educated, Intelligent and actual wear boots. Usos would essentially have been the Russell Simmons of the WWE. That preppy hip-hop style. I think the characters had some real legs.
· One thing I don’t get, and it’s still used with Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov is why the smaller wrestlers are used for the hot tag? I always felt like the smaller guy on the team should be the one working majority of the match and letting the heels dominant finally making the hot tag to the much bigger much fresher partner. I could be in the minority with that though.
· There was a quick conversation about having Usos go over and win the Tag Team Titles here. When writing the rough draft of the show, I actually pitched having Usos go over. The talks went nowhere and Hart Dynasty retained.
TV Recall: TNA Impact - January 20, 2010
I have received a good amount of e-mail asking me to do a Recall of Impact. I usually fast forward through the show but I will do my best to write an entertaining and insightful article on this week's episode. Also, I need to watch TNA more closely before I add the "How I Would Book It" section to TNA Recalls.
Segment One: Kurt Angle Promo
* So crazy how different the backstage atmosphere is in TNA compared to WWE. It's like comparing a mansion to a one bedroom apartment. Not that there is anything wrong with it.
* If you are ever THAT upset would you really demand your music get played?
* Kurt Angle coming back to WWE was always a hot topic amongst the creative team. We all wished he could come back but knew we wouldn't do it. Kurt Angle could have been one of the greatest of all-time if he had stayed in WWE.
* I may be missing someone here but Angle is the last great Superstar to come into the business. Maybe Brock? But Brock didn't stay long enough to really make that mark.
* TNA got a freebie at the expense of Kurt and Karen's relationship. Shame.
* Wrestling security teams always look weak. And NEVER work. One time I'd like to see a guy send out a mass of people out that never ends! You may be able to knock down the first 10 but fighting off 40 guys won't be so easy!
* Only in wrestling. Send police officers to escort/arrest someone for not leaving the ring but when they run over a guy in a car they are given a promo segment and in some instances a future Title opportunity.
* Why do some wrestlers arrive early? Some show up right when the show starts and some come halfway through the show? How does that make sense? How does Jeff Jarrett know he isn't involved in the first segment?
Segment Two: Mickie James vs. Sarita vs. Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne vs. Velvet Sky - Four Way Knockout Match
* Yeah because watching Kurt Angle knock around Jeff Jarrett's "security" is replay worthy.
* I will admit I like the way TNA shoots their backstage pretapes and how they shot ReAction.
* By the way remember when it was entertaining to watch someone get escorted out of the building in handcuffs? (Stone Cold Steve Austin)
* Beautiful People have a great entrance theme! Lacey Von Erich was so bad she was good.
* Velvet Sky has the best ring entrance ever!!
* WWE Divas look like they belong in Playboy. TNA Knockouts look like they belong in a strip club in Riverside (for those who live in CA you'll get it)
* ... Except Mickie James.
* Is Sarita a jobber? She looks like it. Here are 3 Knockouts and since we ran out of girls we hired a local to make it four.
* I miss lesbian stalker Mickie James.
* Mickie was always a fun person to be around backstage.
* So if Mike Tenay is so sure Madison's glove is loaded why doesn't anyone who is in charge at TNA notice?
* Would have loved to have Beer Money in WWE. I think Robert Roode could be a star in either promotion.
* Your not going to have another Road Warriors, maybe ever. But Beer Money is the closest thing to a Main Event tag team.
* Oh Kurt Angle is back! That plan worked!
Segment Three: Matt Morgan vs. "The Freak" Rob Terry (w/ Ric Flair)
* "He would take all three of you and hurt you at the same time" HAHA great line but how would Ric Flair know that?
* Hmm, not a fan of putting their finisher under the name. Why do you need it?
* Wow they are really getting behind Matt Morgan huh?
* I don't know how I feel about Abyss.
* So Matt Morgan can take down Abyss, Ric Flair and Rob Terry but he can't defeat Ken Anderson?
* Surprised Ric Flair didn't bleed.
* This is going on entirely too long, I have to fast forward.
* Seeing Taz just makes me miss getting up at 3 am to watch ECW.
* Why lead us to believe wrestlers have locker rooms but we always find them standing behind cages having conversations?
* "They" again? Really? Who is they? Sting and Kevin Nash? Yawn. "They" should turn out to be Fortune or Spike TV executives.
Segment Four: Jay Lethal vs. X Division Champion Kazarian - X Division Championship Match
* What is the X Division? Seriously.
* If Jay Lethal is still going to use some of Macho Man's mannerisms why not keep him in full Black Machismo form?
* Remember when you would watch Nitro and if you weren't into nWo you had the cruiserweight division and if you weren't into cruiserweights or nWo you still had Goldberg? Now a days with both TNA and WWE if you don't like the main story your not really provided much else.
* Rookie referee misses a lot of calls I see? Could be an interesting story.
* Is the World Champion's locker room a kitchen? Is RVD really getting dressed by a sink?
Segment Five: Jeff Jarrett - Karen Jarrett Promo
* Maybe it's just me but it really looks like Karen Jarrett has been waiting a long time to be playing a role on TV.
* Dang, Jeff Jarrett just got punked by a kid at ringside.
* How many owners/people in charge does TNA have? Jarrett, Dixie, Bischoff, Hogan... am I missing anyone?
* So Karen Jarrett didn't have anything to say? You hype some big reveal by Karen Jarrett for a week and nothing? Gimme something. Maybe she was never faithful. Maybe she was sleeping with Jarrett before Kurt even came to TNA and only convinced Angle to come to TNA so she could be closer to Jarrett. Something.
Segment Six: Tommy Dreamer vs. Jeff Hardy
* Jeff Hardy was a hot topic in long car roads from city to city. I never got him. Entertaining matches but never thought he could talk and never saw him as a Main Event guy. I know Hardy said he made CM Punk, I really think CM Punk made Jeff Hardy.
* Got some cool camera angles in this match.
* So earlier tonight Kurt Angle was escorted out of the building. Now he is walking around with a freakin bat and no one is doing or saying anything?
Segment Seven: SHORT
* How does Pope not see whoever is recording him? He is standing right in the door way!
* Hold on. What is happening in this Flair-Styles pretape? He found a bottle so he has to drink? Is this a game? Flair has been waiting 6 months to get AJ Styles to pound a beer? Is it even beer? It's clear.
* Haha Flair was great in this interaction with Angle until he got choked and then went way over the top with it.
Segment Eight: TNA Champion Mr. Anderson and Rob Van Dam vs. TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money
* Why is Mr. Anderson still holding on to the Jeff Hardy TNA Title?
* That is THE ugliest Title in the history of wrestling. US Title is a far second.
* I don't think Mr. Anderson is playing an asshole. More so a complete dick.
* Beer Money and Mr. Anderson are a few of the reasons I TiVo TNA.
* At one point The Pope pitched his current character in WWE but from what I understand certain members of creative didn't think it would work. WWE lost out on Pope.
* Commentators NEVER know who the guy who gets in the ring is, yet everyone else in the arena and at home always knows. "Wait who is that? Is that?" as everyone at home is saying "Matt Hardy guys come on."
* What is Brian Kendrick doing?
* I know there were a few rumors regarding Dudley Boyz, er Team 3D returning to WWE a few months back. I can tell you a few creative team members wanted them back but WWE had no interest in bringing them back.
Segment Nine: Brother Devon - Bully Ray In Ring Segment
* Brother Devon should join The Pope's congregation.
* Wouldn't Brother Devon, as a babyface looking for a fight, actually go take the fight to Ray when Ray said "I'm standing right here." He asked for a fight, what the heck was Devon waiting for when Ray told him to come get him?
* Is there really interest in this story?
* Now wouldn't the only thing hitting a steel chair over someones head do is bust an ear drum?
Segment Ten: Kurt Angle - Jeff Jarrett In Ring Segment
* It may just be me but I don't think Angle vs. Jarrett is hot enough or generating enough interest to take up three different segments on the show.
* Wait so what exactly is this segment? When was this set up earlier to meet in the ring? How did Flair know Angle wanted Jarrett in the ring? Did I miss something?
* Ok so Angle ran through 4 or 5 of your security team at the beginning of the show, why send down 2 of them and expect them to accomplish anything?
* Love you Taz but that's not a rear naked choke. That's a headlock. Again if wrestling wants to jump on the MMA bandwagon you have to actually execute the moves right. That's like a guy wearing a Tapout shirt saying he is a fighter and when you ask him to show you a rear naked choke and you slip right out of it. Or calls George St. Pierre John St. Paul. In other words it makes you look foolish.
* Wow Immortal is huge. Do they even have enough talent in TNA to have a group this big?
* Cool spot with Abyss.
* I don't know, I'm sure I didn't give you much reason to read this article. If you want more TV Recall's with TNA let me know but this is tough to watch all the way through.
* Is there a loyal TNA fan base?