What is hurting ROH?
Ring of Honor has many great talent and many great moments....
Many thing Ring of Honor is also lacking....
1. something better then sydicated TV, Sinclair Broadcasting is doing great, but they need more then 1 hour of TV I do feel...
2. Stars... Sure they have homegrown talent Steen, Jay Lethal, Elgen, Strong, Briscoes and more.... then appearances by legends in their own right Finley, Lance Storm, Matt Hardy and etc... and many others.. but they lack there somewhat...
3. a suitable annoucer, Kevin Kelly does great, but he will always be a lesser known announcer....
I really think they need a better TV deal, maybe get more talent from New Japan, and AAA to really get them a more international fanbase. But I think getting them on cable tv is the most important right now.
I want to like ROH, and I do, until I see the matches and how they sell, or the lack thereof. They just go through the moves like they weren't hit.
Saw Davey and Elgin, I think, repeatedly kick each other in the face/head, only for the position to be changed. Wash repeat.
Saw Elgin/Roderick, turnbuckle bomb, Strong just kept going like nothing happened.
Its a great promotion but there is something holding them back and i really am at a loss to think what is stopping them.
They have completing upgraded all of there championships.
There graphics are the best that they have ever used.
They did say they had a new permanent announcer i am still waiting on that with no mention of it anymore i doubt it has happened.
The point made about no-selling finishing moves is a good one. How do you tell a "story" in a match if there is no conceivable ending except - the wrestlers are COMPLETELY played out and exhausted and the match has reached its time-limit and someone is called to be the loser so they finally stay on the ground for the 3-count.
There are many good reasons to criticize WWE, including their over-use of wrestler's established moves so there is not enough variations between their matches, but they are good about telling stories in the ring. The promotion that, at their peak, was the absolute best at telling stories in the ring was the Von Eric's Texas promotion, World Class Championship Wrestling.
Yeah it so back and forth.... the least some could do make it like they hurt.... or hurting..... Not get back up right after the move....
Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks
Yeah. Very little pacing and storytelling.
Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1
it's just movemovemovemovemovemovemovemovemovemovemovemovemo vemove
don't have spotty matches and get good storylines.
I think its also got do with losing every big homegrown star they've created in the last several years...Every guy they push really hard as their guy they lose...Nigel,Bryan,Punk ,Aries...Even though those were a ways back ,still. And it doesn't seem to stop...Now they cant use Hero,Cesaro, Or Generico anymore...GOD FORBID they lose Steen to WWE as rumours have said they're interested in him.
1. Quit having their stars pooched upon. The WWE and TNA are starting to take enough of their talent to leave a noticeable gap. They really need to find a way to counteract it with contracts.
2. Fix the problem with their PPVs to make sure it never happens again.
3. Better storylines and in ring storytelling