Hire Jeff Hardy (face) to feud with CM Punk!
Hire Jeff Hardy (face) to feud with CM Punk!
Punk is the champion. Champions always get quite a bit of air time.
New Faces? I don't want rushed, green superstars in the main event scene. Nobody has done anything to warrant a spot there and i much prefer them slowly building people like Ziggler, rather than just throwing him in the deep end like they have done so many times (Swagger is a recent casualty of that). We have new faces in the main event scene; in the past 3 years we've seen Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Del Rio, Miz, Christian all promoted to the upper card. The only others that are up on that level that have been up there since 2006 are Cena, Show, Kane, Jericho and Orton.
3 hours isn't that bad. I'm sure nearly EVERYONE now has the capabilities to record television. Most new "boxes" are DVR. They are obviously happy with 3 hours, so why is this an issue? If it was an issue, then after hour 1, or hour 2, the viewership would drop dramatically, but it doesn't. The overall hourly blocks are pretty much even.
Ryback is feuding with Miz afaik. Miz also has his own talk show now, which is what he does best. The US champion is being shown as dominant over mid carders, but he's also got a thing on with Brodus right now. He beat him on Raw this week so that is probably the start of something. Before that he was feuding with Santino, the guy he took the title off. They have had punk hold the main title for over 300 days now, and he's demand respect and main events as champion. That's a step to bring prestige to the title. The tag titles are being massively overhauled with tournaments and the roster now having 8!! teams on the main roster! For a long time, tag teams were simply a tool to put over one star.
Legends returning too much? Piper hasn't been back THAT much this year, or last year either. He held a piper's pit in April, he appeared a segment with Cyndi Lauper hyping the Raw 1,000th and also on the 1,000th raw (Two appearances that were simply used to promote a historic Raw that most Legends reappeared for or in build up to). His Raw 1,000th was a run in, so that doesn't really count. He then appeared in a Piper's pit with Jericho.
So I count 3 times this year. That's not a whole lot.
Why should HBK come back yearly? All he does is talk too, just like piper.
Besides piper, what other legends have returned "too much" this year?
Bret Hart has made two appearances; A special guest referee in July and a special return to Montreal on September 10th.
Cena didn't compete for the main title for 10 months and has ONLY just reentered the title picture. With the Rock coming back for the title, it makes complete sense to have Cena (their biggest draw and merchandise seller by the way) in the title picture right now. Heel punk is only going to get over by beating the face of the company.
"What WWE Needs to Do:"
*Copy and past the same tired lists from the same tired "What WWE needs to do" threads
1. Re-enforce the brand split, or at the very least, re-shuffle the rosters and reassign the superstars to the shows they appear on more often. For example, move guys like Daniel Bryan or Brodus Clay to RAW officially, and move Ziggler to SmackDown officially. Superstars will continue to cross over between shows, but their presence should be kept to a minimum. RAW should be focused on RAW Superstars with only 2-4 people coming over from SD and SD should be focused on SD Superstars with only 2-4 coming over from RAW. A SD guy should never get more than five minutes of ring time on RAW and a RAW guy should never get a 10 minute in ring promo on SD. Exceptions being a talk show segment like MizTV or The Peep Show
2. Unife the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. Have ONE top champion who performs on both brands. The WWE Champion should be the "champion of the WWE", not the champion of just one brand.
3. Bring the Intercontinental Championship back to its former prestige as the #2 title. The World Heavyweight Title is supposedly the new stepping stone belt. But there is no purpose in having the World Title as the new IC Title when main eventers like Big Show, Miz, Christian and ReyMysterio are going after the actual IC Title. I'd rather see Sheamus or Dolph Ziggler as a strongly booked IC Champ, than as a paper World Champion that opens every PPV.
4. Make the U.S. Title the general lower midcard belt,
5. Bring in a few "niche titles"
- The Hardcore Title without the 24/7 rule. The focus will be more on gimmick matches such as Cage Matches, Ladder Matches, Table Matches, etc. rather than just weapon filled blood baths. This will allow midcarders, or the occasional upper carder to carry the load of gimmick matches instead of putting a top draw like John Cena in a street fight and risking him getting injured. This can also be a way for midcarders pay their dues and establish themselves as tough guys.
- Bring back the Light Heavyweight or Cruiserweight Championship. But instead of this being a lowcard title, it will be the Light HEAVYWEIGHT Championship, or the WORLD Cruiserweight Championship. The new title will be given it to the smaller main eventers like The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Christian, CM Punk (you could push him as a guy who holds both the Light Heavyweight title and the WWE Title) and have as a ceiling for guys who are likely to never be WWE Champion, like Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston, or R-Truth.
6. A much more emphasized tag division. No breaking up tag teams just to facilitate a singles push for one of the members. Being a singles star and being a tag team wrestler do NOT need to be mutually exclusive. If you are going to pair two singles guys up as a tag team, give them a matching colors.
7. Use the developmental talent on NXT for jobber matches. These will not be squash matches, but short and competitive matches where the developmental guy gets to showcase their talent. This allows lowcarders to rack up wins to build/rebuild credibility and for the developmental guys to get a taste of working in front of the bigger crowds.
8. An "off season" where the Superstars only work televised events and there are absolutely no house shows for three months.
9. Make people care about the C-level shows like Superstars.
10. Stop focusing on the same 8-10 guys and having them take up all the TV time on BOTH RAW and SmackDown.
Since many other have made lists.... I guess i'll give, my take and list of what the WWE needs to do.....
Here is 8 things I would do to change Raw or the WWE......
1. Unify the WWE and World title...... give us one WWE World champion..... then a healthy rotation in contenders ......
2. Brand or shows Raw and Smackdown maybe keep certain stars on both shows but certain star off both shows as well.....
Guys like the champions and contenders should be allowed to cross shows, guys getting pushes such as Ryback, Big Show and Clay should be on each show... for the purpose of giving them different opponents....
3. Mid Card titles..... tough to decide on that..... One point you want to let them cross over on shows.... but also give each show a brand title.... IC for Raw and US for Smackdown.....
4. other shows Superstars and WWE Main Event should be used to showcase certain talent... Superstars for mid-card even mid card champions and the WWE and World champion on occassion, then Main Event should have guys that is in the Main Event... no Job matches...
5. Changes in production, this could go deep.... From announcers to how matches are set up and length to even interviews and promos.....
6. Tag Team and divas...... already in the right direction with tag teams, but for how long??? But build a strong tag division 4 or 5 teams... Same applies for the Divas.... maybe a few call up from Florida??? Maybe more then 4 minutes to showcase them as they moving more that way I notice as of late...
7. Devlopmental, it has it strengths and weakness.... Maybe expand.... every sport has it farm or minor league.... and WWE only relies on one area... FCW and NXT.... Maybe have something on the West coast and something in the mid-west, bring new talent in???
8. don't worry about try to be the best..... they are the #1 wrestling company..... sure they going lose ratings every now and then, due to other shows people have interest in.....
2. New faces who are not green in the title picture: Miz could feud with Sheamus.
3.If Ryback is feuding with Miz then there has been one sgment of build because Ryback has been doing stuff with Punk.
4.I was only talking about the US title and IC title the other titles do mean something (if you don't count divas)
5.No one goes holy sh** when Piper comes back because we seen him loads.
6. Cena had a title match at RAW 1000 summerslam and NOC
Logic does not win today