View RSS Feed

rockymaivia

The Streak is not the Undertaker!

Rate this Entry
Okay, it's awesome that the Undertaker has a 18-0 streak. It's awesome to watch his matches at Wrestlemania (albeit knowing he'll win). And it's awesome to know that out of all wrestlers past/present Undertaker is the one wrestler that has been allowed to win every year in his career!

PROBLEM: WWE seems to be starting to push the streak as what defines the Undertaker and his character? But it's not!

I've only noticed it in the past few years where they have been really pushing the whole "who's gonna defeat Undertaker's streak?" thing, but it seems like nowadays and going forward the WWE is going to push the streak as the defintion of the Undertaker's character!

But hold on, Undertaker, despite his awesome win record at Wresltlemania, isn't known for that! At least I don't know him that way. I know Undertaker for being the supernatural power that he is that comes from the mysterious "Darkside". For having 10 guys beat him up at the same time but still standing at the end of it. For showing his incredible "powers" live on Raw.

Let's face it, the Undertaker is WWE's best character in history, period! Noone else has been pushed or gone over as he has. Not even Hulk Hogan's character! People have seemed to connect and just love Undertaker's character since his early days.

So what's the deal with the whole streak thing? It's an obvious and widely talked about fact that Taker is getting older and won't be wrestling as much anymore. He might just be appearing around Wrestlemania time each year for the rest of his career. So is that all that's going to be pushed - the streak? No more awesome "gong and graveyard" moments on Raw and Smackdown? No more haunting, itimidating, Lord of Darkness Ministry type Undertaker?

I don't know. I think WWE really just needs to push the Undertaker character itself towards the end of Mark's career. It's the character that people first cared about. The streak just happened to happen.

What do you guys think?

Submit "The Streak is not the Undertaker!" to Digg Submit "The Streak is not the Undertaker!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Streak is not the Undertaker!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Streak is not the Undertaker!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's because Undertaker is above the Main Event Card and has entered the "Elite Card" where they are so over they no longer need the WWE Title to be in any main event of any pay-per-view as long as their feud is worth half a damn. The only others in that category are Shawn Michaels, HHH, Rock and Stone Cold, well at least a few of the others.

John Cena is starting to reach that point to where he no longer needs the titles or even go for them to be a main eventer.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.