View RSS Feed

Bob Bowman

My top 10 list of greatest tag teams

Rate this Entry
Hello to all of the wrestling fans out there. Hopefully this will be able to make it up to the blog section, as this is my second attempt to express my views on wrestling. I know I will get a lot of disagreements with my top 10 list but I still think that these teams represent what real tag teams should be like.

1. Road Warriors
They are the best hands down!!!! They worked so well together and for so many years. Hawk was one of my favorites but after hearing what Animal had to put up with, he deserves as much credit for the success as well.

2. Harlem Heat
Booker T. and Stevie Ray are ten time WCW champs. I know some don't think that's much of an accomplishment, but they worked their butts off and Booker T. shined as a singles competitior.

3. Sting and Lex Luger
I always thought these two worked well together. In their primes, both had great builds, fast, and powerful. I liked the storyline where Sting was trying to force Luger to be a good guy when he didn't what to be.

4. Stiener Brothers
I can't say nothing bad about this team. I didn't like how WCW broke them up, but Scott wouldn't be who he is today without it happening. I think they should have stayed together though.

5. Edge and Christian
The charisma that these two had together was remarkable!!!! I din't think there will be a tag team like these two ever again.

6. Dudley Boyz
When they were in the WWE, they ran house to the point that WWE needed to get rid of them for fresh faces to have a chance for the belt. Even though they grew stale after a while, they were a team to be reckoned with.

7. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard
Both were able to put on a wrestling clinic. Arn by himself was a force in the NWA. Tully was a true professional inside and out side of the ring. Even WWF gave them the tag belts for a while. This team was highly underrated

8. Hart Foundation
Great team. Bret and the Anvil worked good together.

9. Big Show and Kane
I thought it was dumb for WWE to break these two up. I like this team better than the Brothers of Destruction. They dominated so much that it would have taken WWE to build up the tag division to find a team to beat them.

10. Fabulous Freebirds
The greatest heel tag team in most opinion. I would have put them higher on the list if they had had more wrestling abilities. Terry Gordy was a good wrestler, but Michael Hayes was lacking in that department. Yet, they could turn up the heel heat in any promotion they were at.

Submit "My top 10 list of greatest tag teams" to Digg Submit "My top 10 list of greatest tag teams" to del.icio.us Submit "My top 10 list of greatest tag teams" to StumbleUpon Submit "My top 10 list of greatest tag teams" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Again, you leave out one of the best WWE ever put together.....Where was Demolition on this list?
    I would omit sting and luger as well as kane and the big show. I mean no hardys , demolition or rockers or midnight express I know its top 10 but i dunno how sting and luger or kane and show are better then those four
    Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike
    I would omit sting and luger as well as kane and the big show. I mean no hardys , demolition or rockers or midnight express I know its top 10 but i dunno how sting and luger or kane and show are better then those four
    agreed. Luger? On ANYTHING greatest 10? Besides body? No Hardy Boyz? If you put E&C and The Dudley Boyz up there, then The Hardy Boyz go right next to them. PERIOD.

It's like saying Wrestlemania 3. The four names that will ALWAYS be remembered for WM 3 are Hogan,Andre,Savage,Steamboat. PERIOD.
    actually Sting and Luger belong on this list, they were great together. Honestly, you are missing the Hardy's and DX. DX before were just there for show but in 2009 they proved at an old age why they were one of the greatest tagteams ever. Their feud with Legacy was absolutely epic and amazing and they were headlining PPV's.

I would also add the Megapowers (Hogan & Savage) and maybe even Kevin Nash & Scott Hall

And if you wanna talk TNA then I would add Beer Money as well

As far as the new generation and the crowd response, Cryme Tyme were "Super Over" with the crowd. Its a shame WWE dropped the ball with that team. They could've been one of those teams that never break up but a few times like LOD. They obviously are crap without eachother but together Cryme Tyme was amazing.

Great blog dude keep em' coming I enjoyed this one
    The lack of Motorciy Machine Guns does make me doubt this list, even though they are still performing.
    Eh no British Bulldogs???????
    If you want to make a definitive tage team list......I suggest you make a top 50 of all time......your more likely to get it more right.

You cant forget the pioneers of tag team wrestling either......go back to the 70s if you want a definitive list.

I shall compile my own list to share.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.