View RSS Feed

jamesstrange

Thought In Five Minutes: The Rock and Austin Passing on the Torch

Rate this Entry
This year it seems Vince, despite trying to push younger talent, is still relying on the old blood to sell the year's biggest PPV. Whether it's HBK in the hall of fame, Austin as the special ref for Lawler vs. Cole, or The Rock as the Wrestlemania guest host, with some vested interest in Cena vs. Miz, it seems like the perfect time to officially have a handover of wrestling stardom to the next generation of wrestlers. These icons of the Attitude Era still haven't passed on the torch that was given to them.

The source site and the rest is at:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...g-on-the-torch

Submit "Thought In Five Minutes: The Rock and Austin Passing on the Torch" to Digg Submit "Thought In Five Minutes: The Rock and Austin Passing on the Torch" to del.icio.us Submit "Thought In Five Minutes: The Rock and Austin Passing on the Torch" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thought In Five Minutes: The Rock and Austin Passing on the Torch" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As it was when the tourched moved from the golden era wrestlers to the Attitude Era wrestlers. The tourch is not passed it is taken. We will have Attitude era people hang around just like golden era people do until the youngens force them into retirement and out of wrestling permanently, minus the occasinal apperance.
    The only reason we see the "attitude are" people, is because the "new era superstars" suck! They need to come around to try and make it interesting, because we all know this "new" crop of "sports entertainers" doesn't have what it takes to carry the ball......yet!
    [QUOTE=shack316;bt3763]The only reason we see the "attitude are" people, is because the "new era superstars" suck! They need to come around to try and make it interesting, because we all know this "new" crop of "sports entertainers" doesn't have what it takes to carry the ball......yet![/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you 110% even though they pass the torch i still don't think Cena or Orton have what it takes to put on a good show because to be honest they really aren't that entertaining. The Rock, Austin and other great wrestlers in the Attitude Era knew how entertain the fans which is the most important thing to do in a entertainment business....Really don't know how people can still watch WWE if they really aren't that entertaining, The reason i started watching it again is because all the old school guys were coming back but when they leave WWE will go back to the same ratings, same boring promos, same boring wrestling and the same fucken guys winning and you all know who i'm talking about.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.