View RSS Feed

nrb6304

Countdown to Wrestlemania 27! (pt.3 of 3) FINALE

Rate this Entry
Okay people Wrestlemania is now just 24 hours away. And so we come to the finale of our COUNTDOWN TO WRESTLEMANIA 27. This has been super fun to re watch some of these matches and to really put some thought and effort into all of this. SO without further ado the final installment of the count down.

Wrestlemania 21 (2005)
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

It's not very often that a match builds up so much hype and so much talk and then lives up to it. That wasn't the case at Wrestlemania 21. The story these two built was very similar to the story that Y2J and HBK built at WM XIX. But the difference was the execution. HBK and Y2J was a teacher vs. student type deal. This match between arguably the two BEST wrestlers EVER was jaw dropping. It was exciting, it was what wrestling should be. Technical, entertaining, and competitive. If this was the only wrestling match of 2005 I would have been okay. HBK and Kurt Angle two of the all time greats!

Wrestlemania 22 (2006)
Edge vs. Mick Foley
Hardcore Match

With all the twist and turns during the build towards WM 22 you knew you were about to get something awesome from these two guys. Foley and Edge don't care about their bodies, and this match proved it. Making it's long awaited return to WWE was BARBED WIRE and THUMBTACKS and probably the most amazing sight of all FIRE! This was probably one of the best hardcore matches in WWE history. I think it was THIS MATCH that gave the WWE higher ups the "go ahead" with Edge.
(HONORABLE MENTION: Triple H/John Cena, Triple H truly got the best out of Cena this night and it would take a whole year in order for somebody else to get the same if not better result)

Wrestlemania 23 (2007)
John Cena (c) vs. Shawn Michaels
WWE Championship

It's not often at all that you'll see a Cena match on the GREATEST MATCH list, but when you're facing Mr. Wrestlemania himself, it's just all too easy to steal the show. HBK and Cena put on a CLASSIC. And I mean a CLASSIC. I was even impressed with Cena's win over HBK. Shawn busted out the Piledriver and everything else he could, but like his buddy HHH the year before, Super Cena was just TOO MUCH. But that's okay. I think between his WM victories over HHH and HBK John Cena was now UNDOUBTFULLY the face of the WWE.

Wrestlemania 24 (2008)
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

This WM has a very near and dear place in my heart. Being that it was my very first WM I felt it was an honor. Now I won't lie some of it was lackluster, but then came this one. HBK and Ric Flair. Was it the BEST HBK match? Nope. Was it the BEST Ric Flair match? Nope. What made it so great? The emotion. Everybody knew Ric Flair was going to lose. It was no question. But watching it live and in person and all around the world was something magical. The close of up HBK telling Ric Flair "I'm sorry, I love you" is just great TELEVISION. Forget wrestling. TELEVISION. Grade A stuff here. I will consider this Ric Flair's LAST MATCH. Period. I was there. I saw it. We chanted "Thank You Ric" for at least 10 minutes. Tears were shed. This match was the heart and soul of WM 24.
(HONORABLE MENTION: Edge/UT. Had the crowd not been so emotionally drained from HBK/Flair this match would've garnered a better response but by this point everybody was tired.)

Wrestlemania 25 and 26 (2009 and 2010)
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (I and II)

I've decided to just combine these two, as in reality there was no question. These two matches were the PERFECT wrestling matches. Period. A great story that was mostly told IN THE RING. Here on EWN I have OPENLY critized how there was little to no story line to these matches, but after some thought and input from the IWC I have back paddled and retracted my statement in the sense that the storyline was simpley HBK and UT. These two are so great that they don't need a storyline besides their own damn names. These two matches were amazing. And I do believe both were rated 5 stars. To me 5 stars wasn't enough.

Wrestlemania 27 (2011)
Triple H vs. The Undertaker

It's no secret. It's not trying to be hidden. Triple H vs. Undertaker is THE MATCH that will steal the show. It's what they're building on. I wouldn't expect anything less then 20 minutes here, and I wouldn't expect just a damn good wrestling match. Sure it's No Holds Barred, but that just gives Triple H an excuse to hammer out UT's brain and then have the Deadman kick out. I fear that WWE will make a mistake here though. I feel that if UT/HHH doesn't CLOSE the show, then the crowd will be dead and tired for the main event of Miz/Cena. They have done this twice recently (WM 24 and WM 25) and I think that this MAY be the case again this year. BUT that's not taking the ROCK factor into consideration.
WINNER: The Undertaker

WRESTLEMANIA 27 PREDICTIONS
John Morrison,Trish Stratus,Snooki vs. Laycool and Dolph Ziggler
Winners: Snooki's Team (DUH! Celebrities DON'T LOSE!)

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Rey Mysterio

CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton

Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (US TITLE)
Winner: Sheamus

The Corre vs. Kane,Big Show, Santino, Kozlov
Winners: Corre

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Michael Cole
Winner: Jerry "The King" Lawler

Triple H vs. Undertaker
Winner: Undertaker

Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio (World Title)
Winner: Alberto Del Rio

The Miz (c) vs. John Cena (MME Title) <-----GET IT?
Winner: The Miz
(I normally don't bet against Super Cena on PPV but I got a hunch)

Submit "Countdown to Wrestlemania 27! (pt.3 of 3) FINALE" to Digg Submit "Countdown to Wrestlemania 27! (pt.3 of 3) FINALE" to del.icio.us Submit "Countdown to Wrestlemania 27! (pt.3 of 3) FINALE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Countdown to Wrestlemania 27! (pt.3 of 3) FINALE" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great blogs! They certainly have got me more into the 'Mania mood!
    The only doubt I have over your comments, was about WM22 - IMO the Mysterio/Orton/Angle match should be up there as an honourable mention. It's a shame they limited that match to around ten minutes.
    once again dude great blog all true but wm22 wm23 i wud say hbk vs vince not a top match but great also taker vs henry then edge vs foley but hbk vince best match and wm 23 taker vs batista hell of a match hbk cena sucked cena sucks hbk should have won that wud of made it a great match but the rest spot on and wm27 taker vs hhh match of the night defos great stuff dude ftu!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.