View RSS Feed

Deano x

Mania Prophecies

Rate this Entry
Morning All.

A few things of note going into Mania that I thought should be laid out on the table. Interesting notes and such with the matches and their stips that give a little insight into the program.

John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Laycool and Dolph Ziggler

UUUGGGGHHH. While I am looking forward to seeing Trish in a mania match and the media cross over of Snooki bringing the Jersey fist pumping fans into the WWE market (genius by the way from a marketing standpoint), I feel like Morrison is sinking further down the rabbit hole. Such a talent wasted in this match when he has those abilities we have known about and recently seen in RR and the chamber ppv's. Also, wouldn't Ryder have been a better choice than Ziggler in this with his LI connection to Snooki? Woo Woo Woo. Look for the faces to go over here to give the fans some Stratusfaction.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Although this has been one of the best built up matches for Mania, I'm not sold on it. Possible Sin Cara debut? Let's Hope so. Otherwise, I cant see Rey Rey doing the job to Cody. ( I hope to see both Rhodes and Ted jr get some type of long term build up to roll into stardom in the near future.)

Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

Moveset. I have seen shades of American Dragon in Bryan's matches lately. Some stiff kicks and elbows in the US Title loss. Let's hope this continues. This match could bring the house down if it is done with Bryan's ROH moveset. I believe that Sheamus will go over and retain. DB on to bigger things.

Special guest referee: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Michael Cole w/ Jack Swagger.

King's first WM match, he has been getting beat up on a weekly basis since the match was announced and JR got beat up while SCSA is the ref? Austin will not let that one go. Look for JR on commentary with Matthews. Stunners for all heels and a celebration of epic sorts with King, Austin and JR drinking the sauce in the ring. ( sidenote: what's up with the Keystone Light?)

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

I find it funny that the bill is going out of it's way to say Otunga, Ryan, Harris and MM are banned. There is something more planned here. Skip Sheffield? I'm not sure but there is a reason they are not just saying no Nexus. I thought they were going to go a different direction with this match when I saw the gurney brought out for Ryan. A stretcher match would have been money. Look for Punk to take this one but the feud will continue into X rules.

Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

I'm not sure I see Del Rio as a champion yet. His JBLish entrances however give him some merit as WWE wouldn't spend the $ on a mid level performer to bring in all the cars. Christian is the wild card here. Rumors are circulating that he will be in the Match as a 3 way but with Smackdown already taped this week and it IS the go home(bad choice), I don't see the decision to insert him unless it is done during the PPV. I can see an attack on the Champ leaving him unable to defend and Christian/Del Rio for the title goes instead setting up many possibilities. As it stands, I'll say Del Rio with the Championship Win.

The Miz (c) vs. John Cena

Let me put it out there. I can not stand the Cena character. Decent build up for the match however Cena does not need the strap to be over with his audience. Miz does and is all over the media again crossing media channels and bringing in the Pop culture for larger buy rates. Rocky will have a hand in this one. Miz retains.

No Holds Barred Match
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

Great possibilities, the build could have and should have been so much more. The no word promo when taker and HHH came back was awesome. So much said with a cutthroat and a crotch chop. Kind of summed up 2 careers with 0 words. Original thoughts were streak-vs career. No career stip screams 19-0 for taker. I can not see HBK not making an appearance here since he will be in the building. HHH screwjob?

I hope they add a little more before the show. no Tag or IC titles, corre, Show, Kane and so much talent not used as of yet. check out the rosters. I think there will be some type of Corre/Show and Kane/?? mash up to jam some talent into the show maybe a pre-show battle royal.

Well there you have it. SD this week and Raw on Monday and it's Mania! Let me know what you think of my blog, follow me on twitter @deanwentworth

Thanks,

D

Submit "Mania Prophecies" to Digg Submit "Mania Prophecies" to del.icio.us Submit "Mania Prophecies" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mania Prophecies" to Google

Tags: wrestlemania
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i totally agree with most you had to say

except the possible HHH screw job, i really can't see WWE playing it that way. 2 reason, HBK is retired, so it's kinda pointless to have him go out there and screw over HHH. it's not like we'll see a new rivalry, shawns retired. plus even if shawn wasn't retired, they've played out the HHH/HBK screw job stuff before. personally i think undertaker wins and goes 19-0. if shawn does interfere i'd love to see sweet chin music in pedigree, HHH wins. unfortunately it won't happen. steak will never end. taker will retire after next wrestlemania when he beats(probably cena) and goes 20-0

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.