View RSS Feed

Steve_uk

Wrestling and TNA

Rate this Entry
My take on Wrestling and TNA. Or should that be Sports entertainment?
Yes I recently read an article probably here that a website posted a wrestling article about the WWE and were asked to change it to be worded about Sports entertainment. Well that says it all in my opinion.

Once upon a time wrestling was put across like a sport. Ranking systems with real titles that actually counted for something. These days there seems to be just as many titles as there is wrestlers. (And they change hands just as frequently)

WCW, theres a name from the past. I was always a WCW fan back when I was young it was the only promotion I had access to here in the uk. It was on for about an hour here on Saturday afternoons.
I think they had the perfect balance between action and drama with a brilliant roster to boot.

The reason I bring WCW up is I now look at WWE I must admit I watch it now and again its hard not to being a wrestling fan for over 20 years, but I can honestly say I rarely see much wrestling. Its mostly showmenship and braweling.
If I had to compare the WWE to something I would say it reminds me of a disney film, with all the out of ring antics.
I'm talking about people getting married and relationships and stuff like that.
I don't know about you but if I buy a ticket I want to see someone perform a half nelson not a half ass acting job.

Now a few years ago I discovered a new promotion called TNA. Currently TNA needs a big slap in the face.
The roster has alot of talent and experience, Such as Sting, Ric Flair Hulk Hogan to name a few. There are also alot of younger stars who clearly have the youth to take the company to the top. Wrestlers like AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian plus many more I could mention.

Problems I see with TNA
This is down to one of several things in my opinion

* Network issues, they are trying to get as many matches on in the time available.
* Wrestler issues, again trying to get as many matches on during the time available to suit the various wrestlers.
* Creative issues, The creative team is just that bad?

I think they need to look at the format of the impact tapings and move on from there. Each episode starts with someone coming out and jabbering on witch usually results in a match being arranged for later in the night,

I get the impression TNA a trying to emulate the WWE with all its showmenship antics. witch is totally wrong.

TNA needs to find its own path.

Submit "Wrestling and TNA" to Digg Submit "Wrestling and TNA" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestling and TNA" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestling and TNA" to Google

Updated 03-22-2011 at 07:00 AM by Steve_uk

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Your last sentence pretty sums up my thoughts on TNA.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.