View RSS Feed

Mr. McMahon

WWE needs to get rid of commericals during matches

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
I talk about commercials during matches and the solution to them.

One thing that I still can't stand is those fucking commercial breaks during matches, it happens during almost all matches and I hate it. I'd rather have a 3 minute segment with hornswoggle than a commercial break between a match. I understand that breaks are needed but not when you are really interested in a match, it just kills the momentum for me and I loose interest when the break goes on.

And the commerical break is so predictable, I guarantee you this is how it happens 99% of the time:

- Two guys wrestling
- One or both the guys go outside the ring
- Commercial break takes place either now or after they enter the ring and are laying there.

I especially hate this during a over the top rope battle royal as we miss out some eliminations. The only way around these commercials are pay per views where its commercial free. These commercials during matches are mosquitoes, they just won't go away.

It all started shortly after the attitude era in 2002. There used to be a small commericals during the main event match and that was all, but since the years went by the commercials starting happening frequently during all matches and most segments.

Solution:

The solution to this is easy, remove all commercials during matches. Instead have longer commercials after the matches are over and after a promo. Have a commercial every 15-20 minutes, and if its a long match then just wait till its over.

Would you rather have a long commercial or have those annoying commercials during a match and during an entrance/important segment? I would pick the first option so I can watch my entertaining segment/match without any interruptions.

The worse thing is that sometimes these commercials happen right after a commercial just took place, for instance. A commercial takes place, there is a 30 second segment backstage of John Cena walking towards the ring, another commercial just takes place, then John Cena makes his entrance, another commercial takes place, then Cena does his promo and calls his opponent in the ring, another commercial takes place and then finally the segment happens. This has happened many times and I've heard many people complain about it.

Submit "WWE needs to get rid of commericals during matches" to Digg Submit "WWE needs to get rid of commericals during matches" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE needs to get rid of commericals during matches" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE needs to get rid of commericals during matches" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Too bad dude. It's not going to fucking happen. You're suggesting that they should format their show in a way that ensures nobody will watch the ads. How do you think the sponsors would feel about that? Ever heard of a cliffhanger? Besides, on a pre-taped show you're missing one move on the outside and about 10 seconds of headlock. Live show, move on the outside and very basic heel beatdown procedure for about one minute. Don't be a baby about it.
    They did it back in attitude era and even before it, so whats wrong about doing it now? Are they really that broke. I just you wouldn't mind then if they a commercial every 5 minutes
    Not a good idea. They would lose a lot of sponsors. You keep bringing up the fact that the Attitude Era did it before but News Flash, its not the Attitude Era anymore. Also, WWE as more sponsors then they did back then so that's where you're wrong.
    It all comes down to money, dude. Vince wants it and commercials is how he get's it.
    Ummm... I guess I'll be the nice guy. Good blog. i see where youre coming from and it annoys the hell out of me too but it's something they have to do. There's a huge marketing strategy behind it kind of like what DM Tea was getting to. It's annoying but they know it's not a deal breaker with fans so they will continue to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS
    Not a good idea. They would lose a lot of sponsors. You keep bringing up the fact that the Attitude Era did it before but News Flash, its not the Attitude Era anymore. Also, WWE as more sponsors then they did back then so that's where you're wrong.
    Thank you, DUBS. This is a notice to ALLLL of you motherfuckers who want it to be the Attitude era again: SHUT THE FUCK UP. 1) they ripped off ECW when they did Attitude. 2) It was fun but there was plenty of stupid shit, botchy wrestling, and bullshit "hardcore" going on, too. 3) the E has come to be a lot more reasonable about PG. they're not stopping matches for blood anymore, the top guys are allowed to say minor swears, etc. Quit fucking crying over a bygone era and show some support for this one.
    1) You don't understand TV Advertising at all.
    2) WWE today makes more money (even when adjusted for inflation) than WWE of the Attitude Era from advertisers simply because they can charge 7-11 more than say "10-10-321 Long Distance"
    3) USA dictates some of the advertising rules, as in, OK we're not going to put an ad in the middle of a promo, but we need some in the middle of matches to keep pacing of ads going so we don't get like 7 in the same block.
    4) It's on Cable TV so essentially you're just paying pennies for the broadcast, and you're still going to watch it, nor would it stop new people from watching -- So No Incentive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.