View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

RAW is Toasted! A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Welcome Back Splashers for another edition for the Rick Starr Blog Splash. For the two or thee of you who got pissed and just couldn't bear to see my little promo at the end of my blog, you have my word, I will not have any promotions here...at least for this one I aim to please all. Besides, after this blog, I'm sure I'll be pissing off plenty of you WWE/ Rock marks anyway, so I need to cover up. For this I apologize in advance..

After watching this past Victory Road, which made me vomit like a drunk who had one too many, I was looking forward to Monday to get me back into the spirit..it didn't do the job. In fact, I felt like running back to the toilet for a second round. Let's start things off where things went wrong...

The Rock's Segment
For weeks Dwayne (Formerly known as "The Rock" in my book), has been dis'ed by Both Cena and The Miz on Live Television, and on the Internet. They both have insulted him, his father, his grandfather, and just about everybody in between. What has he done about it? Nothing! The only thing this has-been does does is crack some jokes, and some idol threats behind via satellite (which really means they have been taped for months). According to WWE.com He is expected to actually appear LIVE this coming RAW....Probably because he has to pick up his paycheck if you ask me.

I have been reading for the past few weeks that Dwayne is supposed to come back after WrestleMania to Wrestle Cena. I don't believe this for one second! In fact If you ask me, I think Jeff Hardy will get a clean urine test before Dwayne wrestles a match again! ( DISCLAIMER: When Hardy goes to Jail I do revoke this statement..but you get the idea)

In all seriousness I don't even bother with Dwayne's segments anymore. I thought the "10yr old Cena" was stupid, and I just fast forwarded the whole thing.

I'm sorry, but I'm over Dwayne, he just needs to go back to Hollywood. Some people may be chanting "ONE MORE MATCH!" Not me, I'm just chanting "PLEASE GO AWAY!".

Drew Carew in HoF?
This inductee really disgusted me! There are way too many deserving wrestlers who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. So What do they do? They Induct a guy who was in one match for not even 10 seconds. I understand the purpose of having a "celebrity wing", but If your gonna have Celebrity inductees, have them inducted on a different night or something. To Put HBK and Drew Carey on in the same night, is a disgrace! It just took RAW down a few notches in my book, even though it had nothing to do with RAW directly.

"Grand Master Sexay"

There are some wrestlers that have been forgotten, and there are wrestlers that SHOULD have been forgotten! Grand Master Sexay: Brain Christopher is one of those Wrestlers that should have been forgotten! It would not have been so bad if he came down with his stupid strut. but to top it off, his bleached white hair just topped the whole package off.

The Look on Lawler's face was priceless, I almost wonder if somewhere Jerry was not happy to see him. I thought the interview was boring...much like GMS's career. GMS tried to make it out like he had a big career, but he didn't, and even his father Jerry said he was a bigger screw-up than Charlie Sheen.

Jim Ross Segment
The Jim Ross/ Cole segment was ok I guess. When it comes down to it, I guess it was needed to push the storyline forward to make Cole over as a heel. Also They needed to add J.R. into the story somehow so he can commentate a few matches

Snooki Segments
Despite her being incredibly hot, I don't see the need of a Jersey Shore Guest Host. To make things worse, Now it appears She has entered in a Mixed tag-team match at WrestleMania!? It was cool to have Dwane, and Austin, but Snookie?

I think that John Morrison has been knocked down a few pegs in the rankings as far as I'm concerned. 3 months ago he was on the hunt for the WWE World Title, then he was in Elimination Chamber for the WWE. Now he's in a Tag Team Match with a retired Diva(Trish Stratus) and a celebrity(Snooki). Hopefully he does not keep heading in this direction.

The Only other Segment that really brought the show down was the HBK segment, where he talked about The Undertaker vs HHH. The first installment was interesting, but the rest just seems to be repetitive. (Not blaming HBK, the WWE lives for replaying and remixing the same clips.)

The rest of the show in general was ok. I liked the Sheamus/Bryan US Title Match, although I expected Sheamus to win. The Orton/Mason Ryan Match was also decent. The sites expected Mason to accompany Punk to WrestleMania...My friend Vinny the Guido once said Never "believe the websites!" I guess he was right.

Well That's it for this edition Splashers! Until Next time...See You When I See You! -Rick Starr

Submit "RAW is Toasted! A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "RAW is Toasted! A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "RAW is Toasted! A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "RAW is Toasted! A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Updated 03-20-2011 at 12:12 AM by Rick Starr

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    No wonder WWE doesn't listen to fans on the internet all you seem to do is bitch, not specificly refering to you RICK, only refering to you a little, we want new talent-he's not expirenced enough, bring back the AE-I'm tired of seeing him etc. Blah Blah Blah how about we do a positive blog RICK. This has been a faggoty fag fag comment splash.
    Sorry to being such a douche to everyone lately
    The rock is filming and is on Raw tonight. How can he appear in say, washington, when he's filming all day in LA? By the time he finished there just isn't enough time to get to the other side of the country to appear live! Drew Carey is there because of his services to television (pete rose was there for baseball); the hall of fame is dedicated to wrestlers and entertainers that have appeared with great contributions to entertainment in general. It doesn't take anything away from HBK, in fact, more people know Carey than HBK i'm sure so it might generate more publicity for HBKs induction! You have to think outside the box.
    Jerry Lawler's son...what else can i say? Makes sense to bring family in for cheap heat and they couldn't do much else than name drop him. I don't see what was so bad when it was just generating more heat for michael cole.
    Don't agree with the Morrison thing. He's in there with Ziggler! Snooki has been put in a match with Trish and two divas that are liked by the right people in WWE (laycool) - I think it's either Vince or Michael Hayes that are high on them. If anything, Trish, Ziggler and Morrison are there to help get snooki through the match! It shows me just how much belief creative have in morrison and ziggler to even put them in the match in the first place. They trust that they will save the match so that's only a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by candlelarbra5212
    No wonder WWE doesn't listen to fans on the internet all you seem to do is bitch, not specificly refering to you RICK, only refering to you a little, we want new talent-he's not expirenced enough, bring back the AE-I'm tired of seeing him etc. Blah Blah Blah how about we do a positive blog RICK. This has been a faggoty fag fag comment splash.
    It's ok if your being a "Douche" I never take it personally. However you previous mindless rant: "we want new talent-he's not expirenced enough" you meant Morrison? Morrison has plenty of experience as a wrestler,

In Fact he was Tag Team Champions with the Miz. On a wrestling level I think Morriosn is much better, However The Miz is much over with the fans as a heel at the moment. And what the HELL is the AE? Get your crap together then come talk to be ok boy?
    You are obviously high if you think Snooki is even remotely attractive.

But anyways, you don't seem to understand that the rock is a huge movie star and doesn't need to come back to wrestle. The fact he is hosting wrestlemania is to get people to watch this shit show of a pay per view this year. They needed the rock this year. The only match that is even good is triple h vs undertaker. Miz and cena need the rock to be involved because miz yang drawing like a WWE champion should and everyone knows when cena is wrestling at wrestlemania he's going to win. So what's even the point of watching? And the rock would be that point.

Also, bringing brain Christopher in for cheap heat was a very good move by the WWE. If you don't think so you are not very smart. Having Christopher come and get in his dads face was a high light for the feud. The whole point of this feud is because cole was taking about lawler stealing the spot light and this added to it.

And the whole hall of fame thing, I have read people want more stars, you are all dumb. Having star after star in one ceremony would be stupid. What would be the point of having every huge star inducted on o e year? That's why they have celebrities come in and be inducted. So they have that one big star of the hall of fame that year, plus other great wrestlers. Then throw in a celebrity to get the events name out there. It's called smart marketing.

And to say again, this blog lost any credibility once you called Snooki hot.
    The Rock is Gonna beat the Shit ouutta Cena at Mania
    and after Their magesty the IWC BITHCED about Christian being added to The Mania WHC main event after thay wanted him to for 2 years I STOPPED GIVING A DAMN ABOUT ANY WORD THEY SAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Graffis
    You are obviously high if you think Snooki is even remotely attractive.

But anyways, you don't seem to understand that the rock is a huge movie star and doesn't need to come back to wrestle. The fact he is hosting wrestlemania is to get people to watch this shit show of a pay per view this year. They needed the rock this year. The only match that is even good is triple h vs undertaker. Miz and cena need the rock to be involved because miz yang drawing like a WWE champion should and everyone knows when cena is wrestling at wrestlemania he's going to win. So what's even the point of watching? And the rock would be that point.

Also, bringing brain Christopher in for cheap heat was a very good move by the WWE. If you don't think so you are not very smart. Having Christopher come and get in his dads face was a high light for the feud. The whole point of this feud is because cole was taking about lawler stealing the spot light and this added to it.

And the whole hall of fame thing, I have read people want more stars, you are all dumb. Having star after star in one ceremony would be stupid. What would be the point of having every huge star inducted on o e year? That's why they have celebrities come in and be inducted. So they have that one big star of the hall of fame that year, plus other great wrestlers. Then throw in a celebrity to get the events name out there. It's called smart marketing.

And to say again, this blog lost any credibility once you called Snooki hot.

Well for One thing, yes I am high, and Sorry I do think Snooki's hot..Granted I wouldn't touch her wearing a steel condom, cause god knows shes infested with STD's But that's besides the point.

As for "The Rock" Yes he is a great actor, In fact on my next blog I plan on even giving him praise for his latest movie. But what pisses me off about the man is that he came back to the WWE for WrestleMania, and he told all the fans that he would never leave them again! What total bullshit! When he chose to make a career change I respected it, I respected him! When he came back, sure it was cool, money's money. But when he played it off like he was coming back forever? That was just load of crap that I couldn't swallow. I would have been happier if he just showed up as a guest celebrity, promo-ed one of his movies, and went back to Hollywood. At least that would be respectable. Right now he's just treating the WWE fans like sheep. If you want to be in the heard. that's your choice. I Choose to have my own opinion and my own voice.

One last issue I'll refer to is Drew Carey. I just don't feel that Carey belongs in the Hall of Fame. The WWE created the "Celebirty Wing" so they could bleed the HoF Dry! What comes next? "The Animal Wing" They could Induct Jake Roberts Snake "Lucifer", or Koko B. Ware's Bird "Frankie". To be honest I think they deseve Than Carey, at least they spent more time in the ring, then him. And back to one small point about Snookie. Since You like "Smart Marketing" so much, think of this: One day Snookie will be inducted by the WWE HoF since she's wrestling at WrestleMania (Which I think is an utter joke...but hey it's Smart Marketing isn't it? )
    Updated 03-21-2011 at 04:13 PM by Rick Starr
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.