View RSS Feed

Wrave

TNA: Simple

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Everything I read seems to be negative on TNA. Which is a shame because even TNA fans know that they cannot compete with WWE at the moment. I am going to address a couple of things that is said about TNA in a negative manner and give my take on it.

TNA is WCW-Lite: Understand this one major thing that makes TNA different from WCW. WCW was owned by Ted Turner and thus when he gave up on it, it went down the tubes. TNA has Dixie Carter, she is completely behind TNA and will not give up on it anytime soon. WCW was not ruined by Bischoff, Hogan and Russo. WCW was ruined by its own creator. Those three may have had something to do with it, but Turner was the ultimate downfall of WCW.

Russo, Hogan and Bischoff will send TNA to an early grave: Like my point above, Turner gave up on WCW and let those run the show to its grave. TNA has Dixie Carter. While she may not know much about wrestling, she does run the show. If she sees that business is going down, she will step in and make things right. Russo has been with TNA since it started and gave us the best matches that TNA had. Bischoff is in charge of promotion and nothing more. Hogan I believe is tooting his own horn and I don't think he is head of creative. If he is, he will have to answer to Dixie if anything goes wrong.

TNA is WWE-lite: Talk about bullcrap. Look at the wrestlers that came from WWE to TNA and most were not used properly in WWE or wanted a chance to prove themselves. Anderson got fired for something that was an accident and Orton should have told Anderson to use the other side if he was worried about that botch. Orton was mad and I get that but the slightest accident could cause his shoulder to dislocate as it had been injured many times, not a one time thing.

Christian felt that he was being misused and came to TNA to prove himself. He did and became one of the most popular wrestlers on the roster. To clear things up, Christian left for money reasons.

The Pope was shown to have potential but WWE failed to pull the trigger (makes me think WWE is racist as an African American hasn't held the WWE title since Booker T and even then Booker was a 5 time WCW champ. The last African American to not hold a world title and win the WWE Championship was The Rock 13 years ago.) In TNA, Burke is a high midcard guy and has the potential to become a World Champ in the near future.

Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy are the only guys from WWE that held the World Title before going to TNA and are still in TNA. Flair no longer wrestles fulltime and Hogan has no need to be in the ring.

There are a few more that I will post at a later date.

Submit "TNA: Simple" to Digg Submit "TNA: Simple" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: Simple" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: Simple" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So sorry but I must comment. TNA is WCW right down to it's own misuse of talent. Yes, WCW went downhill when Ted Turner cuts ties but that was not the death nail. The new management of Turner Broadcasting did not know "wrasslin" and did not understand the direction the company was going. All they knew was the old character driven, over the top product ofthe 70's and 80's. To make this story short, these men handed the reigns to Bischoff and Russo, who could never agree on anything. Bischoff wanted to pad his old friends bank account and Russo wanted the "old dogs" to lye down and make way for younger talent. I like Dixie and her passion for her brand but she is blindly following the same path as the late WCW. TNA saw $$$$ when Hogan and Bischoff signed on and quickly agreed to whatever it took. Pushing aside the great young talent that was driving them to compete with The E. It's almost likethey are trying to finish off the stories they started in WCW so many year ago just with different talent. TNA can still right the ship. The Fortune faction is a good start. Four of your top "TNA Originals" pushing the main storyline forward could help things along. By if they continue the on the same path as they have the last three year, this storyline will abruptly end with no conclusion and no explanation.
    Rob Van Dam held the world title and the ECW title at the same time I believe. Not to dispute your point as I am glad there was a place for RVD to go. I am glad to see him back in the game.
    It's a bit strange to say WWE is racist when TNA hasn't had an African-American world champion since Ron Killings in 2004, while Booker T's last reign in WWE was in 2006.
    tna, just like wcw, reminds me of a veteran football team. A whole bunch of old and experienced players may be good for a while but eventually the cost will run them into the ground. WCW experienced it and TNA is in the midst of it. Just look at this list; RVD, Anderson, Sting, Hogan, Bischoff, both Hardy's, Angle, and Flair. These men were used to having million dollar contracts and there is no way they are wrestling for much less.
    Ted Turner had little to do with WCW going out of business or the sale to WWE..... Thus Ted turner didn't give up on WCW it was the suits and ties and Jamie Kellner who sold WCW....
    This to me seems to be misinformed , uninformed, bias opinion!!!!
    As for it being like WCW, well maybe what it was in 2000 for a while....But that it was... Otherwise WCW did good numbers.....
    I can't diss Dixie Carter cause she a smart person, or at least i can see she is..... Russo he's been writing for so long, sure he have some crappy ideas, but that any writer.. As for Bischoff he's a smart man if he has any power things will start to shake..... As for Hogan well, he's Hogan and he got the biggest ego in wrestling...

As for TNA using old WWE wrestlers sometimes it needed to bring experience in and build the company around establish stars as well as home growen talent....
    I think there is a common misconception about how WCW ended. Long story short it was a bunch of things but mainly a Time Warner didn't want a wrestling company, especially one that was failing, when the merged with AOL. If WCW were making huge cash they MIGHT have kept them.

Recipie for TNA in 7 easy steps
    Keep things simple. Don't create majorly compicated storylines.
    Don't use decade old dogs who have reached the limit.
    Make your own stars!
    Give the goddam show some production values.
    ENOUGH STABLES, NO MORE.
    Most importantly get Jeff to rehab, of drugs, out of court and a face. Then get another WWE star, IN THEIR PRIME. (Edge Ortan Cena)
    Finally, grow a sack, stop letting the seasoned vets do whatever the hell they like, most of their ideas are shit anyway.
    Ted Turner didn't give up on WCW.

As others have said, the decision to sell WCW was because of the AOL Merger. They took most of the power away from him and decided to sell it off because it was wasting more money than it was making. If this situation repeated with TNA, Dixie would be in Turner's same position.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.