View RSS Feed

VKM

Has WWE Lost their Spark on Making a Babyface Main Eventer

Rate this Entry
WWE has been known for making larger than life characters. They've been known to create those superstars that the fans rally behind. Those superstars that I am referring to are babyfaces. However, there seems to be a shortage in main eventer babyfaces.

While looking through the WWE roster one afternoon, I realized that the top heels of WWE outweigh the top faces of WWE. John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Edge, and Big Show are all babyfaces. But when was the last time WWE made a babyface main eventer?

WWE has took on an approach of creating top heels. But while they create these top heels, they leave behind midcard faces who could potentially become top faces like Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan, and John Morrison.

Since 2010, WWE has already created 4 top heels - Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Miz, and Alberto Del Rio. And with Dolph Ziggler just facing Edge at the Royal Rumble, it won't be long before he becomes another top heel. When John Cena leaves, I doubt that the poster boy of WWE will be The Miz. So when will WWE ever try to create another top face?

John Morrison, Kofi, and Bryan could all be main eventers. However, WWE is just overlooking them and picking up heels. If the WWE was so interested faces, I am positive that WWE would have already called up Seth Rollins/Tyler Black to the roster. I guess the WWE has some notion that John Cena and Randy Orton is enough. But what will happen when they got older and decide to hang up the ol' boots.

I like heels just as much as the next guy. But you need a top face to properly put over the next big heel.

VKM

Submit "Has WWE Lost their Spark on Making a Babyface Main Eventer" to Digg Submit "Has WWE Lost their Spark on Making a Babyface Main Eventer" to del.icio.us Submit "Has WWE Lost their Spark on Making a Babyface Main Eventer" to StumbleUpon Submit "Has WWE Lost their Spark on Making a Babyface Main Eventer" to Google

Tags: wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think you may be overlooking one thing here...The Rock, Stone Cold, Randy Orton, Triple H, Undertaker, John Cena and Edge all have one thing in common...they were all top heels before they became top baby faces. Sure Edge, Randy and even Rock all tried to be faces before they made a heel turn but what really pushed them over the top and into main events were the fact they became great heels. So I think WWE is sticking with that formula...out of a great bad guy you will eventually get a great good guy.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.