View RSS Feed

D-VARD

WrestleMania: A Seriously Lack Luster of Build-Up

Rate this Entry
I may looking too much into this but it has come to my attention recently the build-up or lack thereof for WrestleMania. Now considering Mania is just 3 Smackdowns and 2 Raws away and I will not spoil the SmackDown tapings for anyone in this post I just wish to address the build up for each of the main events, not that the undercard has serious problems but they are not as prominant as the main events for obvious reasons:

Triple H v The Undertaker
I personally get the feeling WWE feels that this match doesnt really need alot or any build up at all and that the star power in the match builds it up. But all we have seen so far are two promos from each man (each one quite identical to the last), two promotional videos (well produced I might add) and Shawn Michaels talking about the match. Now to me with WrestleMania mere weeks away I dont really feel any vibe between the two or any heat so to speak. Sure the streaks there, but there really isnt anything personal between the two.

The Miz v John Cena
Now this is a weird build up, you have one half of the feud talking about another guy 90% of the time and the WWE Champion in kayfabe barely able to beat up a 60 year old commentator and unable to get even a slight advantage of his opponent without an attack from behind or something else that means Cena literally has no way of defending himself without eyes in the back of his head. Is that really the message you want sending for your WWE Championship match?

Del Rio v Edge
Now I have a very citical view of Del Rio as I feel he isnt prominant enough in WWE to warrant a WrestleMania main event, he really hasnt had a big feud yet, taking place over PPVs where you are not sure where it is going to go. He is repetatively giving the same promo, repeating the same beat down attacks ending in the arm bar and I dont see any variance in his performance as of yet. Add into that the fact that he has more heat with a guy who isnt even in the match (Christian) mirroring the Miz v Cena feud where lets face it, no one is talking about Miz v Cena they are talking about Rock and Cena no matter how many weeks in a row Miz attacks Cena. But anyway back on track, there is a serious lack of heat between Edge and Del Rio, look back to the contract signing which just came off so forced to me and others viewing it with me, so all of a sudden Edge has a massive hate for Del Rio...where did this come from?

I have a very big concern for this WrestleMania, especially in comparrison to last years where every single match had a big feud behind it and jump to this year and the serious lack of it especially considering matches are being thrown onto the card as we speak now.

Submit "WrestleMania: A Seriously Lack Luster of Build-Up" to Digg Submit "WrestleMania: A Seriously Lack Luster of Build-Up" to del.icio.us Submit "WrestleMania: A Seriously Lack Luster of Build-Up" to StumbleUpon Submit "WrestleMania: A Seriously Lack Luster of Build-Up" to Google

Updated 03-16-2011 at 06:05 PM by Frank

Tags: wrestlemania
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Im gonna disagree about the build ups. Maybe with some of the match ups the feuds are as intense but wwe has gone all out and got the rock and steve austin. Something which we havent seen for a very long time. The recent miz beating down cena on raw has been good to build hype.
    The only one which im disappointed in is the undertaker vs triple h. But as both of them arent wrestling at the moment its hard to create a massive feud without a beat down. Would of been nice to see undertaker playing mind games with hhh before wrestlemania
    I think the build up has been great like you said we 2 raws and 3 SDs I would expect more physical confrontation (hopefully) Don't forget the Mysterio Rhodes angle and the tag team with trish and snooki. I think the cena miz rock angle has the best set of promos and build up in a long time, and with the anticipation of getting the rock involved makes it all the more exiting. I also think the Cole/King angle is brilliant. This looks like the best mania in ages with new stars and seasoned vets all round, at least we don't have HHH cena ortan edge fighting each other for the 50th time. oh don't forget punk and ortan, and mabye a SCSA Rock confrontation
    i agree with ya D-Vard 100% .... i also felt the same way with the lack of build up for pretty much every much except the Rand Orton/CM Punk feud. Out of all the matches schedules for Mania, I think those two guys has built up their feud the most.

i don't really care for any of the other matches on the card besides hhh vs undertaker because like u said, they all lack the build up to their matches there fore i wont be ordering Mania. I'll just watch it at a friend's house if they are ordering it.
    I hate to say this, but you can't build up Rubbish!!! The miz could be so much better; a terry funk character, a legend; but they have turned him into a literal punk, plus HE CAN'T WRESTLE?! That's not awesome!!! Their best bet would have been to have a match with cena vs the rock. and let miz dibiase kofi bryan sheamus and morrison fatal six way ladder for the world title, that would have at least been exciting, if not original. It would also prove miz awesome; if he looked good winning. HHH and Taker are too injured to do a big bump match, Del rio and edge might not live up to the build up; but I kinda like how that's been going. However, the nonsense with orton and punk is making me sick, they both should be in a title picture or in a greater odds match, I just don't see what's to gain by either winning their match. No real womens title picture, the world tag titles were unified so the tag division is even more dead than before and I am not even going to mention the cole garbage more than I just did. Oh, and is snoopi coming to wrestlemania dressed as a girl or is it the she-gremlin? Seriously!! Best selling author (along with every circus freak and their dog) pretty to you or not snooki, is not going to save this wrestlemania from being the worst PPV in wrestling history besides TNA's last one. There is nothing that can save his wrestlemania because WWE killed every good talent push they started over the past year, from kidd to swagger; sheamus and kofi. In fact the only two people they pushed, and shouldn't have 'cause they just are not ready ....YET!, are the miz and "zigler"(who they just dropped to morrison status) and you will all see how that turns out; very disappointing. One more thing, didn't they just fire kendrick a year ago, for what thy are keeping Riley around in spite of??
    [QUOTE=ANT;bt3435]I hate to say this, but you can't build up Rubbish!!! The miz could be so much better; a terry funk character, a legend; but they have turned him into a literal punk, plus HE CAN'T WRESTLE?! That's not awesome!!! Their best bet would have been to have a match with cena vs the rock. and let miz dibiase kofi bryan sheamus and morrison fatal six way ladder for the world title, that would have at least been exciting, if not original. It would also prove miz awesome; if he looked good winning. HHH and Taker are too injured to do a big bump match, Del rio and edge might not live up to the build up; but I kinda like how that's been going. However, the nonsense with orton and punk is making me sick, they both should be in a title picture or in a greater odds match, I just don't see what's to gain by either winning their match. No real womens title picture, the world tag titles were unified so the tag division is even more dead than before and I am not even going to mention the cole garbage more than I just did. Oh, and is snoopi coming to wrestlemania dressed as a girl or is it the she-gremlin? Seriously!! Best selling author (along with every circus freak and their dog) pretty to you or not snooki, is not going to save this wrestlemania from being the worst PPV in wrestling history besides TNA's last one. There is nothing that can save his wrestlemania because WWE killed every good talent push they started over the past year, from kidd to swagger; sheamus and kofi. In fact the only two people they pushed, and shouldn't have 'cause they just are not ready ....YET!, are the miz and "zigler"(who they just dropped to morrison status) and you will all see how that turns out; very disappointing. :( One more thing, didn't they just fire kendrick a year ago, for what thy are keeping Riley around in spite of??[/QUOTE]

Easy to criticise buddy, why don't you come up with something better and I'll tear you to shreds. BTW The Rock can't wrestle in your card if you decise to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by candlelarbra5212
    Easy to criticise buddy, why don't you come up with something better and I'll tear you to shreds. BTW The Rock can't wrestle in your card if you decise to do it.
    Uhm, why would I submit my ideas to a "poser" mark like you, when I can just enjoy it for myself on SVR 2006, 2009 and hopefully 2012????....???...??? I could submit my ideas for a card to them for a buck but they would probably steal them and hire an ex classmate to draw them like they did my graphic novel proposal. It bombed cause he can't draw, anymore like he used to.... sad really
    Updated 03-18-2011 at 11:41 AM by ANT
    Quote Originally Posted by candlelarbra5212

Why should he ? I dont get people like you.This is a forum to voice our opinions and thoughts on wrestling and we as fans have every right to do so.Why should he come up with a better idea ? Hes not getting paid to do so.Guys like you are just laughable,you act as though we cant voice our opinions.WWE and TNA are the ones trying to sell us their product and if we the fans dont like it then we dont like it and vice versa.Get over yourself dude.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.