View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

For those of you who did not watch, what was probably the worst PPV Main Event in Wrestling history Sunday night, you have most likely already heard about it on this very web-site. Most you have undoubtedly even went on to watch the replay of the match (as the match it self only took a whopping 88 seconds.).

I read the rumors, and I honestly believed that Hardy was under the influence of something. He stumbled down the ramp like an idiot, and Sting was clearly upset at the whole situation before and after the match. When fans were chanting "This is bullshit" Sting pumped up the fans, by saying "I agree, I agree!"

Another issue that Sean "Val Venis" Morley made (That also can be found on this site) that Jeff Hardy didn't "sell" Sting's finisher. Meaning after the match, you usually lay there like the move hurt. Hardy, popped right up after the 3 count, like it was nothing.

The fact is if TNA knew that Hardy was under the influence, then TNA are the ones that should be held for that atrocity, not Hardy. They had the opportunity to fix the situation. An easy fix would have been to change the #1 contenders match into a triple threat match for the World Title. However TNA dropped the ball, and as far as I'm concerned they dropped the ball several times that night. Hell, by the time it came to the main event I don't even think they knew where the dammed ball was! My Guess is someone in the back (prrobably Russo) said "What the hell, the PPV sucks anyway, let Hardy go out & wrestle."

As far as the other matches goes, I thought the #1 Contender match had no real purpose, as they already had a #1 Contender match a month ago, and Anderson has yet to have his day in the ring. Also, the ending of the match was crappy as hell, making the match even more lame.

The First Blood Match was one of the matches I was really looking forward to, but of course, they had to screw it up with the lame "fake blood/screw job" ending.

The Knockout tag-team match was decent, however the ending on that one was a bit predictable. I've yet to see the real purpose of the tag-team division in the knockouts...kinda like the tag team for the males in the WWE, no real direction, and no real purpose.

The TNA Tag team match however was a great match. Both teams did a great job, and all of us at the WGS are speculating what is going on with Ink Inc. We are wondering if Shannon Moore will break away from Ink Inc. now that Matt Hardy is in TNA, or if the team is doing a heel turn.

Another good match was the Ultimate X Match. I think it could have done without the Jersey Shore Jobber, but he was easily overlooked. Generation Me got in each others way, as they both wanted the X Title. Kaz successfully defended his title.

Matt Hardy actually looked pretty good against A.J. Styles. It was a decent match, nothing i wouldn't see on a regular night on iMPACT!. But I guess it was a good filler. AJ's Corkscrew 450 splash, for the win, however was a sight to see. Eat your heart out Justin Gabriel!

Thank you for reading the Rick Starr Blog Splash. I would like to let you know Every Wednesday at 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time I co-host a wrestling talk show called Wrestle DOWN! If your a video game fan we also have a video game show called GAME UP Live on Saturday's 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time. Check us out at http://www.thewrestlegamershow.com/

Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Tags: jeff hardy, tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just a thought that really has nothing to do with the article itself... wouldn't it make more sense to name your blogs "A Rick Starr Blog Splash: (Name of Blog)" instead of the other way around? Just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by ch.brooks24
    Just a thought that really has nothing to do with the article itself... wouldn't it make more sense to name your blogs "A Rick Starr Blog Splash: (Name of Blog)" instead of the other way around? Just sayin...
    Well, for a long time that's exactly, how I did it (ie The Rick Starr Blog Splash:Sub-title). To give you a quick background of the "Splash" I Started out at the WWE Universe, before it shut down. I then went out on my own to several sites, (Zooloo, blogspot) and couldn't really get comfortable. Then I met a man called "Double B" a wrestling commentator for GCW (Gulf Coast Wrestling), who also hosted his own wrestling/gaming Internet show. There is where I found my true home, and there is where I decided to switch things around for my blog. Thanks for asking.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.