View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

For those of you who did not watch, what was probably the worst PPV Main Event in Wrestling history Sunday night, you have most likely already heard about it on this very web-site. Most you have undoubtedly even went on to watch the replay of the match (as the match it self only took a whopping 88 seconds.).

I read the rumors, and I honestly believed that Hardy was under the influence of something. He stumbled down the ramp like an idiot, and Sting was clearly upset at the whole situation before and after the match. When fans were chanting "This is bullshit" Sting pumped up the fans, by saying "I agree, I agree!"

Another issue that Sean "Val Venis" Morley made (That also can be found on this site) that Jeff Hardy didn't "sell" Sting's finisher. Meaning after the match, you usually lay there like the move hurt. Hardy, popped right up after the 3 count, like it was nothing.

The fact is if TNA knew that Hardy was under the influence, then TNA are the ones that should be held for that atrocity, not Hardy. They had the opportunity to fix the situation. An easy fix would have been to change the #1 contenders match into a triple threat match for the World Title. However TNA dropped the ball, and as far as I'm concerned they dropped the ball several times that night. Hell, by the time it came to the main event I don't even think they knew where the dammed ball was! My Guess is someone in the back (prrobably Russo) said "What the hell, the PPV sucks anyway, let Hardy go out & wrestle."

As far as the other matches goes, I thought the #1 Contender match had no real purpose, as they already had a #1 Contender match a month ago, and Anderson has yet to have his day in the ring. Also, the ending of the match was crappy as hell, making the match even more lame.

The First Blood Match was one of the matches I was really looking forward to, but of course, they had to screw it up with the lame "fake blood/screw job" ending.

The Knockout tag-team match was decent, however the ending on that one was a bit predictable. I've yet to see the real purpose of the tag-team division in the knockouts...kinda like the tag team for the males in the WWE, no real direction, and no real purpose.

The TNA Tag team match however was a great match. Both teams did a great job, and all of us at the WGS are speculating what is going on with Ink Inc. We are wondering if Shannon Moore will break away from Ink Inc. now that Matt Hardy is in TNA, or if the team is doing a heel turn.

Another good match was the Ultimate X Match. I think it could have done without the Jersey Shore Jobber, but he was easily overlooked. Generation Me got in each others way, as they both wanted the X Title. Kaz successfully defended his title.

Matt Hardy actually looked pretty good against A.J. Styles. It was a decent match, nothing i wouldn't see on a regular night on iMPACT!. But I guess it was a good filler. AJ's Corkscrew 450 splash, for the win, however was a sight to see. Eat your heart out Justin Gabriel!

Thank you for reading the Rick Starr Blog Splash. I would like to let you know Every Wednesday at 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time I co-host a wrestling talk show called Wrestle DOWN! If your a video game fan we also have a video game show called GAME UP Live on Saturday's 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time. Check us out at http://www.thewrestlegamershow.com/

Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Thoughts on Victory Road: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Tags: jeff hardy, tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    and I meant Victory Road. I'm sorry
    I agree 100% with you Rendall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendall
    Wow, so your solution is to not put the blame on Hardy, man just because TNA didn't deal with the situation well; doesn't mean that Hardy shouldn't be blamed. Your obviously a Hardy mark; because the facts are this, Hardy left WWE because he was bored with keeping fit and working hard; so he could go to TNA and work less and take more drugs to get hammered. That is it, the guy is a low life; who treats his very fans such as you with complete disrespect, sorry but get real mate
    I apologize if I wasn't clear. Yes obviously Hardy should be responsible for his actions, but more on a personal level. When it comes to that main event, and how terrible it was, it really came down to TNA management. True Hardy was high or drunk, and he was the reason for it happening. but TNA should have picked up the pieces, they didn't. They knew he was high before hand, and they didn't send him home, that is more irresponsible than what Hardy did. Am I a Hardy mark, yes I am, but I also agree that he is not the Hardy that made me a mark. He needs to deal with his legal case, and more importantly, he needs to get into rehab, and stick with it.
    Updated 03-15-2011 at 10:56 PM by Rick Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenCagedTigers
    So basically, the whole point of you posting this "Blog Splash" is to 1) Establish a brand presence on the internet and 2) Get free advertising to your show on popular wrestling websites.

I'm not against a wrestling fan voicing their opinions, but I am against the thought of someone abusing the forums to display their advertising.

I don't come on here because I'm looking to buy someone's nondescript t-shirts. I'm generally offended by the idea of reading your blogs now because it all seems like a marketing sham to try to get you more viewership, and that calls your intentions into doubt. Can we please establish some kind of no-spam rule? This is spam.
    First off, Yes I do promote my radio show, but please don't act like I just come on here, say some mindless words and then promote my show. I actually do come on here because I have something to say. Secondly I asked EwrestlingNews.com if I could promote my show, and they said so long as I don't write blogs about my shows (which i don't) I can promote my show at the end. If you or anyone else does not like it, too bad.
    Who is Rick starrrr....rr and why should I give a fuck that he's splashing a blog?

An intelligent person would blame tna AND jeff hardy for that cluster fuck of an abortion. Hell even a dumb person could figure that out.

You're intrigued by ink inc? Where one is getting frustrated and angry after a match while the other is trying to remain respectful? didn't they just do that with the dudleys not too long ago?

I dunno bud.... Maybe you should put a little more thought in your splashy bloggery and maybe not hype your website up as much.

....sorry for being mean
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    Who is Rick starrrr....rr and why should I give a fuck that he's splashing a blog?

An intelligent person would blame tna AND jeff hardy for that cluster fuck of an abortion. Hell even a dumb person could figure that out.

You're intrigued by ink inc? Where one is getting frustrated and angry after a match while the other is trying to remain respectful? didn't they just do that with the dudleys not too long ago?

I dunno bud.... Maybe you should put a little more thought in your splashy bloggery and maybe not hype your website up as much.

....sorry for being mean
    Well I can handle "Mean comments" It's not the first, and it's not the last.

As Far as the main event goes, I'm sorry I think that TNA is primarily to blame for is actions. Is Hardy responsible? Yes, but TNA made the final choice to move forward with the PPV.

As Far as the Tag Team match goes, Yes I did enjoy the Ink Inc/Beer Money Match. I Think both teams are great tag teams. There is no direct evidence that their splitting. I suggested that they could be turning heels together
    i have always been a Jeff Hardy fan and for so long i didn't want to believe it, but Jeff needs to get into rehab, he needs to fix this before he fucks up his daughters life. maybe once he's out he can finally be the Jeff Hardy that everyone loves to remember again.

Matt, yes he's his brother but he should be pushing Jeff into rehab right now, the problem is no one is doing this for Jeff, they're letting him continue like this and its gonna get him killed.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.