View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Undertaker/HHH WrestleMania A Rick Starr blog Splash

Rate this Entry
Over the past decades he has been called the Phenom, Bad-Ass, but of course most popular: Dead Man! His WrestleMania streak is almost as legendary as the “Last Outlaw” himself. The Undertaker clearly has more memorable moments in WWF/WWE history than anyone who has come before him.

While the Undertaker walks in the darkness, this years current opponent, lives for stealing the spotlight (Perhaps a bit more than his best friend HBK). HHH has been working on a movie, nursing an injury, but more importantly he has been getting more comfortable with his newest role as head of productions in the back (according to what the websites say anyway).

Now I thought it was great for The Undertaker to come down with some new Music, and even gave himself a new nick-name “The Last Outlaw”, they were both very fitting for his character. However (And I can already hear the haters rumbling now) he really needs to get some new mic material. It seams to me at this stage of his career, that he's just going through the motions. There was no real passion in his words, Perhaps he's getting tired of the Character, and wants a change? Maybe he's getting ready to retire in the very near future? I myself would have liked to see him come down, with a laid, back / bad-ass attitude that most of us saw him on that segment of UFC. Personally, I think the “Dead-Man” gimmick has run itself out again. But, honestly at this stage of his career it would be foolish to do a complete gimmick change.

I think the HHH/Undertaker match I think will be a good match, but I'm not expecting to win any awards like the HBK/Taker 1 at WrestleMania 25. I think that HHH will certainly do all he can to carry the match, and have Taker show off some of his high points. However I don't expect to see the high-flying Phenom that we have seen in the past. If he pulls off one Suicide Dive, I will be surprised. The Undertaker was injured 2 times in later 2010. Once from a Orbital Bone injury, and then a couple months later he suffered a rotator cuff injury, which kept him out this last time. The Undertaker has been injury-pron as of late, and I would hate to see him get injured due to something foolish.

As to who is going to win...I don't even think we need to talk about that one...but why not. Needless to say the Undertaker is going to win. In this match it makes perfect sense. His opponent is basically a manager in the back, who made a special return for this match, and to settle his score with Sheamus...which he did. Just like Dwayne (The Rock), I think HHH will primarily return to the back. Sure we will see HHH frequently on special announcements, but even he said last week on RAW, “There's none left to beat. I beat them all.” So of course, it makes sense for The Undertaker to win.

As a big fan I am of the Undertaker, I truly hope he considers hanging up his boots soon. I would rather see him leave at this point and be remembered for the true phenom that he is. Rather than have him be like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan or Mic Foley, and stay around for way too many years, and turn out to be nothing but a shell of what he once were. -Rick Starr

Thank you for reading the Rick Starr Blog Splash. I would like to let you know Every Wednesday at 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time I co-host a wrestling talk show called Wrestle DOWN! If your a video game fan we also have a video game show called GAME UP Live on Saturday's 8:00pm – 10pm Eastern Time. Check us out at http://www.thewrestlegamershow.com/

Submit "Undertaker/HHH WrestleMania A Rick Starr blog Splash" to Digg Submit "Undertaker/HHH WrestleMania A Rick Starr blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "Undertaker/HHH WrestleMania A Rick Starr blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "Undertaker/HHH WrestleMania A Rick Starr blog Splash" to Google

Comments

Undertaker will not win at WM. The match will end in a draw - with both competitors being unable to continue due to the ass-whuppn they just gave each other. Watch and see....
    Starr you talk the truth and I am one of the biggest Undertaker fan out there, I will hate to see him go but I don't want him to be seriously injured, and as always great blog dude, I'm jus sayin...
    Taker is going one more year after this. 20-0 at the biggest stage of them all. But, to throw a good story in there, since it is "no holds barred" they should just have HBK and Nash both come out to try and help HHH. Since both have lost to Taker in the past and both are good friends of HHH. Too bad that won't happen... But God that'd be awesome.
    Got it spot on there in pretty much every aspect. Just don't Tar Mick Foley with the same brush as Hogan and Flair!!!
    it's funny because i hated when taker changed to the bad ass but now that the dead man has gotten stale again i finally appreciate the biker taker. He offered so much more range that we know hes capable of besides just rolling his eyes back. But your right its too late to change now.

What would be a great end for a Taker/HHH match would be to see the ref miss takers foot on rope and HHH gets the win, music plays, announcers put it over, then HBK or someone runs down and shows the ref what happened, ref re starts the match and Taker wins. I'd be a good way to fuck with people and gage real emotion on how they would handle a Taker loss. for only a mniute or 2.
    I think Taker needs to win this one and a one of the younger superstars need to end his streak next year....for me, Id like to see Orton end the Undertakers streak. I think the legend killer earned the right to be the one who does the impossible and really put him over as he Randy Orton deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaston80
    I think Taker needs to win this one and a one of the younger superstars need to end his streak next year....for me, Id like to see Orton end the Undertakers streak. I think the legend killer earned the right to be the one who does the impossible and really put him over as he Randy Orton deserves.
    That's a very cool idea, and I agree with you that Orton most certainly has earned that right (if anyone) to end the streak. However the "Legend Killer" gimmick has long since been dead, and Orton and Undertaker already had a "Legend" vs "Legend Killer" feud in the past. Granted the WWE is not beyond recycling story-lines, I would just hope they use a totally different angle.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.