View RSS Feed

chibo777

How do you improve a billion dollar business??

Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
The WWE obviously is a well oiled machine as its has a long and successful history, outlasting many of its competitors; but my question to you is how can it become better?

Any business should look and improving and my personal opinion is the wwe could;
Firstly, remove the split roster policy and have one giant roster for both Raw and Smackdown! This wouldnt only improve the watchability of both shows it would provide more depth for storylines, allow more varied stables to form, allow more diverse storylines instead of having john cena vs randy orton every 4 months. The WWE could also use programes like Superstars better and develop talent infront of a live audience.

Secondly, ease away from PG. Im not saying go all out violent, but increase the edgyness of storylines, have increased weapons, and look away from the cheesy 5year old toilet humor which we are currently seeing. For the viewers who arent young sometimes its hard to watch as the humour is so lame.

Thirdly, develop the charecters more. The example i consider really rushed is ADR.... he has been in the WWE less than a year and he has already won a royal rumble, headlining wrestlemania and will ultimatly become a champion soon. Compare this to Jerry Lawler who has never been champ or been to wrestlemania i find it sloppy and disrespectful to the HOF'ers and the viewers at home.

Fourth, give tutorials to EVERY wrestler on promo delivery. i remember a while back Roddy Piper giving a 5 minute promo which built up a Randy Orton vs Shameus fued more in 5 minutes than the 2 wrestlers did in 5 weeks. If the WWE invested in Teaching the younger stars the old ways then the WWE could develop a product which reaches out to a wider range of audiences, rather than the younger demographic its aimed at now.

thanks for reading

chibo

Submit "How do you improve a billion dollar business??" to Digg Submit "How do you improve a billion dollar business??" to del.icio.us Submit "How do you improve a billion dollar business??" to StumbleUpon Submit "How do you improve a billion dollar business??" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rather than making the whole product edgy, why not just have certain characters that push the boundary a little? There's a reason CM Punk is well liked by the older fans. Same as Orton before he went all Snakelike on us. The hornswoggle/Cena part of the show wouldn't be so bad if there were other parts of the show that weren't aimed at kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowki
    Rather than making the whole product edgy, why not just have certain characters that push the boundary a little? There's a reason CM Punk is well liked by the older fans. Same as Orton before he went all Snakelike on us. The hornswoggle/Cena part of the show wouldn't be so bad if there were other parts of the show that weren't aimed at kids.
    This is a great idea
    I'm going have to respectably disagree with a part of what you said. Having both Smackdown and Raw converge is a horrible idea for a number of reasons. It will not improve the buissness but make it worst. WWE makes alot of money from both RAW and Smackdown so combing them will lose them millions.

Also the wrestlers will lose money. The wrestlers make money from the tickets sold in the stadiums, so if they combine they will only be selling out one stadium instead of two they would normaly do for both RAW and Smackdown. This would result in many of the performers being fired to try to compensate for this.

Secondly how can you fit both RAW and smackdown into a two hour show. This would mean much, much less wrestling just to fit more wrestlers in.
    We would lose a few of the championship belts such as US or Intercontinetal and the World heavy title, because you will only be room for one world title. This would mean much less wrestlers will get a push because there would not be enough championships to fight for.

--Wrestling Rant
    I don't have a problem with your blog, but Wrestling Rant proved a valid argument.
    I find it hilarious people were writing the same stuff in 1999. "Ohhh, good, a Austin Undertaker match again" "Ohhh great, another freaking Kane vs Undertaker feud"

Why not enjoy the product instead of constantly trying to think of ways to improve it? Sure, Austin-Rock-DX-McMahon set the bar ridiculously high. But we need to move past it because it is time we invest and enjoy what we have.
    Agree 100% let Cena appeal to the crying 5 year old's, let Punk appeal to the older growd. No reason Smackdown cant be slightly edgeier than Raw.
    @wrestling rant. i didnt mean it to come across as one show... it was suposed to read as 1 roster with 2 shows...

keep both shows, but have one pool of superstars giving deeper buckets of talent to enjoy. go back to the times when there was no brand split.

this would mean storylines could continue from one show to another and have more depth.

by no means did i try to put across removing one show lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.