View RSS Feed

WWTNA Mark

The term paying your dues

Rate this Entry
Hey, if you don't know me, i'm WWTNA. I usually don't do blogs on a regular basis but I want to talk about a certain term that as been used in the wrestling business for ages, paying your dues. Lets get started:

I read on EWN that WWE isn't high on Kaitlyn because some WWE Divas doesn't think she paid her dues in the business. I think the term paying your dues can be looked alot of ways when you think about it. Guys like Stone Cold, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Benoit all paid there dues in the wrestling business. Its not like they got everything handed to them on a silver pladder. Stone Cold had to work his way back up from being fired from WCW, Eddie and Benoit wrestled in many wrestling organisations and are fantastic wrestlers but they were being toyed around with in WCW and spent years in WWE before they were even World Champs. There moment didn't come too quick to them and they really had to work there asses off to get where there at today in the business and thats success. I can really understand where Val Venis was coming from when he said that he paid his dues in wresting which is true. Paying your dues really doesn't mean waiting for success, it just means adapting to the wrestling business. Here is another way of looking at the term "paying your dues.":

Some wrestlers are fast learners of the business and find success in the business more then others. The Rock, John Cena, and The Miz are good example of being fast learners of the business and finding success in the business more then others. Doesn't mean they got things handed to them on a silver pladder, it just means that they adapted more then others. Don't get me wrong, there wrestling skills aren't the best but they still know how to put on great matches. You can say that they didn't have to pay there dues.

So therefore, I find it wrong that some of the WWE Divas along with other people are getting on Kaitlyn not paying her dues. Maybe she can be a quick learner and adapt to the WWE life style pretty easily or maybe she will be a slow learner and adapt to the WWE life style step by step as the years to come but whose to say she won't find success in WWE because of not paying her dues???

Submit "The term paying your dues" to Digg Submit "The term paying your dues" to del.icio.us Submit "The term paying your dues" to StumbleUpon Submit "The term paying your dues" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Randy Orton said that The Miz impressed him, by the way he put his mind to it and painstakingly paid his dues to make it as a wrestler rather than just surf on his C-level celebrity status.

The way I always heard the term used is that it means you are willing to take the pain, humiliation and boredom of learning the ropes from scratch, and grow your skills, rather than having everything handed to you as a packet. Goldberg was pretty much screwed when WCW folded, since most wrestlers, both in WCW and WWF/WWE felt he never had had to pay his dues to get where he was, and predictably his career in WWF was less than stellar.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.