View RSS Feed

Chaston80

Can You Smell What The Haters Are Cookin'...

Rating: 5 votes, 2.80 average.
I have been a wrestling fan for years and have witnessed many incredible moments and I can say that without a doubt, The Rock returning was one of the most astonishing moments that I have seen in a long time...

This is my first blog, so I will do my best to get straight to the point and not ramble as I am privy too...but as I can see the majority of the wrestling universe is very excited to see The Rock return (or Dwayne Johnson if you like) it seems there also seems to have a lot of hate for The Rock returning...
I even read a blog on here that a person wrote the Dwayne doesnt desreve to be called The Rock anymore. Seriously? How does a man who along with Stone Cold Steve Austin, DX and the Undertaker changed the face of professional wrestling not deserve to be called what he earned...

Yes the The Rock has been gone for 7 years; Yes he has aske to be credited as Dwayne Johnson in his movies; Yes he may not have any desire to wrestle any more...However, he has earned the right to be called The Rock whenever he damn well pleases...In a relatively short career of 6 years no man came in and made as much an impact on the buisness than The Rock. Clearly I dont even have to name all of his accomplishments as anyone on this website should already know them. But no matter what you say or think of The Rock, you can not and will not be able to take away what Dwayne Johnson earned. And if you think its all about the payday, then name me one wrestler who isnt getting paid and does this for simply entertaining the people. No one? Yeah figured...

Here is my point...hate The Rock if you want for whatever reason you have. However, you can not take away from what Dwayne Johnson earned and that is his name and the right to return to the WWE whenever he wants. Because even a segment where he cuts a promo from the Titan Tron revealed just how good The Rock is and how much his presence elevates the level of the playing field in the WWE.

Also, one last thing...for those who think The Rocks presence in Hollywood didnt open up doors for other wrestlers, clearly your not paying attention. Yes, others like Hogan, Ventura and Piper all stepped into acting shoes before The Rock ever did, but its undeniable that a wrestler in a movie was looked at nothing more than a bad joke as to which people went to go see just to find out how bad it was going to be out of morbid curiousity. Dwayne The Rock Johnson actually gave wrestlers a chance to actually be looked at as actors with a serious out look. Sure not every movie The Rock has made was great by any means...Doom, ugh! But there is no doubt as to Dwayne Johnson being taken seriously as an actor with prominent movie rolls.

A 6 year unparralled WWE career, a credible acting career and there is no doubt that wether you call him The Rock or Dwayne Johnson, The Peoples Champion earned to be called what ever he want to be called.

Submit "Can You Smell What The Haters Are Cookin'..." to Digg Submit "Can You Smell What The Haters Are Cookin'..." to del.icio.us Submit "Can You Smell What The Haters Are Cookin'..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Can You Smell What The Haters Are Cookin'..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I agree one hundred and fucking one percent with you on this one.
    i agree as well. good blog.
    really? I only glanced over this, but there was too much to point out.

"In a relatively short career of 6 years no man came in and made as much an impact on the buisness than The Rock"

Pretty sure goldberb made a bigger impact, not that he was better, but he did make a bigger impact, hell he made such a noise that wwe had to make fun of him with gildberg.

And as far as the rocks acting career goes I hope your joking, cause the rock is a joke in movies, only decent movies he's had was walking tall and the rundown. The rock has NOT opened any doors or made wrestlers look any more respectable in movies, and if you honestly believe that you are a fanboy.
    you realy did not just compare the two did you. WOOOOOOOW realy? rocks movies interms of box office are successes only a handfull have made a loss. i still cant get over how u compared the two. goldburge was a leend but only because he was given an unbeaten streak. samoa joe had one ofthem aswell in TNA the fact that the rock hit such stardem in 6 years is amazing especialy if you take into account most ppl hated him at 1st. He earnt our respect and has every right to be called the ppls champ. but you are entitled to your opinion....
    [QUOTE=gokhanx99;bt3263]you realy did not just compare the two did you. WOOOOOOOW realy? rocks movies interms of box office are successes only a handfull have made a loss. i still cant get over how u compared the two. goldburge was a leend but only because he was given an unbeaten streak. samoa joe had one ofthem aswell in TNA the fact that the rock hit such stardem in 6 years is amazing especialy if you take into account most ppl hated him at 1st. He earnt our respect and has every right to be called the ppls champ. but you are entitled to your opinion....[/QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble, but the majority of the rocks movie's fizzled at the box office. His biggest hits were The Game Plan and the Scorpion King. The Scorpion King's box office result was the result of a already built in fan base from The Mummy franchise. The Rock's movies usually pull in decent numbers on opening night, but then tank afterwards. Hell....Faster didn't break $40 million, and it was one of the Rock's movie's that actually looked interesting from the promos, man was I wrong. What is keeping The Rock functioning in Hollywood are the Disney movies. Disney seems to love The Rock (a far cry from being the next great action star that Dwayne Johnson thought he would be). The problem is, if Disney moves on from The Rock, as things are heading, he will be relegated to a side character in movies (still a substancial role), but not the main character.
    The Game Plan $137,766,652 wolrdwide gross; Race to Witch Moutain $106 million; Planet 51 $105 million...I dont see Disney dumping the Rock any time soon...
    And I acknowledge that Goldberg was a huge success in the wrestling buisness....however its my humbel opinion The Rocks career was more substantial.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.