View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Can You Smell What Dwane is Cookin?

Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Since Dwane...sorry I just can't call him "The Rock" anymore, he lost that right 7 years ago. It was just weeks ago when Dwane returned to the WWE, as the special host for WrestleMania 27. But what really took me by surprise was that he told the fans, that he was not there to make money, not there to promote a film, or any other financial gain. He simply said that he was "back", and implied in more ways than one that he was not leaving any time soon....YEAH RIGHT!!!

If anyone bought that load of crap I got a bridge to sell you. Dwane is here until WrestleMania, and then he's heading back off to Hollywood. If I can quote The Miz "The Rock's days are over...and they have been for quite some time.". As much as I hate the Miz, those words are 100% true.

I watched Dwane's response to Cena on the 2/28 RAW. He rambled on about how his daddy wrestled for the company, his grand-daddy and how he inducted them both. BLAH BLAH BLAH! Personally I think Charlie Brown's teacher could have done a better promo at this point. Nothing he had to say moved me. If the WWE's blood ran through his veins as he said, he wouldn't have left for 7 years. True he accomplished all his goals, but many other stars did as well, and they have stayed as well. As far as him going to Hollywood to open the doors for other wrestlers...he wasn't the first wrestler to do that. Hulk Hogan was the first, and please I don't want to hear any haters saying Hogan's movies suck..yes I know they do...but Dwane's movies sucks just as badly for the most part. Nonetheless I Think Dwane took way too much credit than he deserved.

If Dwane truly had meant anything he had to say, he would have been in the center of the ring to say it, not in his house where he could tape it. The simple fact is since his "legendary return" (and I use that term loosely at this point) over two weeks ago, Dwane has only set foot in the WWE only once. That little Titon-tron promo doesn't cut it with me!

The simple fact is Dwane is nothing more than a celebrity at this point, using his past WWE perks to get a payday, nothing more! It's gonna take alot more than him to come into the ring, sling some old catch phrases, with a new t-shirt to get me to see him a WWE wrestler again.

Would I like to see Dwane come back full time? Yes I would. I truly loved "The Rock", I just don't think he wants it anymore. I think he comes back for a quick paycheck, and an ego boost, then leaves. Anybody who thinks otherwise, your not gullible, your not even a tool, your just a sheep following the herd.
-Rick Starr www.thewrestlegamershow.com

Submit "Can You Smell What Dwane is Cookin?" to Digg Submit "Can You Smell What Dwane is Cookin?" to del.icio.us Submit "Can You Smell What Dwane is Cookin?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can You Smell What Dwane is Cookin?" to Google

Updated 03-02-2011 at 01:27 AM by Rick Starr

Tags: the rock, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakerMania
    Wow what a lame ass blog

Go kill your self please
    Well Lady's and Gentlement, apparently TakerMania had nothing else to say but BAAAA!!!! BAAA!!! BAAAA!!! As he was the #1 Sheep leading he heard.

Next time if your gonna insult me...please try to witty, I cant stand utter stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TakerMania
    Wow what a lame ass blog

Go kill your self please
    if the undertakes was as week as your insults i think his streak would be 0-18 silly boy
    First of all dude you said his name like 1000 times at least spell it right, Dwayne.
    Second of all I'm holding off judgment until after mania when we can see his real motivations. I agree with most of what you said but we won't know until mania and probably well after. I would consider it a return if he comes back for two or so PPVs a year but the fact WWE has to rely on a guy that doesn't even wrestle right now is just sad and really tells you where the business is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    I won't disagreee with you that Cena had some great movies (although the I thought The Marine sucked ass). But the qualities the movies are really irrelevant, I was just pointing out that Dwayne did not head to Hollywood first. Hogan was first...or at least one of them.

If we really want to say who went from wrestling to the big screen first , it's Jesse "The Body" Ventura! Granted he never played a lead role, but he always played a good role, that stood out in great movies! Movies like Predator, The Running Man, and The Demolition Man.

Now Ventura was no great wrestler, and his time as a wrestler had long since passed. But my point still stands is that Dwayne did not deserve to take all the credit the he alone had opened opportunities for the WWE last Monday. That's all I was saying.
    Not to nitpick, but Hogan was in Rocky III which was made in 1980, before Preditor, and Running Man.
    "If anyone bought that load of crap I got a bridge to sell you."

LMAO!

I definately agree with you though. Buddies of mine that are still into the WWE are eating it up and I'm still not sold that this whole isn't just some ploy to ensure the WrestleMania ppv buy rate is high. Its good to see The Rock back on WWE television but cameo appearences are just a tease and WWE has teased me enough. I'm waiting for something more concrete like weekly physical showdowns between The Rock and Cena and details about an actual contract.
    Updated 03-04-2011 at 11:35 AM by Xpacfan
    Wow, why even think about this now? Just sit back and enjoy the show. Once Mania passes, we can deal with it.
    well i agree with point 'after wrestlemania he'll be gone' but his promo's on raw were great better then any i've seen since Y2J's. john cena's response in rap takes you back when he was actually badass and not some goody 2 shoes he needs to go heel more then the rock needs a new movie.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.