View RSS Feed

Jimboroom6

To Many Title Reigns Making Titles Worthless

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
I remember when HHH won his tenth WWE Championship. It was just after the title had been made vacant after a triple threat match between edge and beniot. HHH walked out of the elimination chamber as a 10 time Champion. Now say what you think about him I for one am not his biggest fan, I also think he works a lot better as a heel than a face. (Don't get me started on the DX reunions) but for all that I really felt he deserved that accomplishment. He is one of the few wrestlers who had come through the attitude era and earlier constantly at the top of his game and not getting a little too big for his boots, (Like the Rock) or taking time off for anything other than injury. (Like Jericho) I thought it would be a feat that we would not see for another generation. But oh how I was wrong.

For the last couple of years it’s been open season for the WWE Championship and World Title, Being thrown back and forth like a volley ball between the same superstars all much younger than HHH was when he achieved his feat. Randy Orton Edge all ten a piece I think and other than edge could have a good ten years left. What’s next 20, 30 50 time World Champion? It’s ridiculous. It makes the great reigns of the likes of Hulk Hogan, Rick Flair, Austin seem worthless and with the same superstars still being push ahead of great younger talents it’s only going to get worse.

What’s the solution? I really don't know. All I know is the likes of Cena and Orton will have a lot more title reigns to rack up before they hang their boots up for good

Submit "To Many Title Reigns Making Titles Worthless" to Digg Submit "To Many Title Reigns Making Titles Worthless" to del.icio.us Submit "To Many Title Reigns Making Titles Worthless" to StumbleUpon Submit "To Many Title Reigns Making Titles Worthless" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    i agree completely about orton and cena.but about guys like sheamus and miz winning championships,its great but i feel like they give them to anybody these days.but again its understandable that wwe are trying to find that one guy that could succeed the previous generation of superstars.until then expect to see a lot of crappy title reigns.but i hope something good will come out of this and guys that deserve it like morrison will win the title.
    Too many champions , to early in their careers, not good for business.
    Course wrestling (excuse me sports entertainment) isn't what it used to be.
    I have always loved how people complain about HHH having 12 reigns in 12 years, but noone seems to care that Edge is up to 11 in 6 years.
    Ortons 7 and cenas on 9, so there's only edge who's won more than ten, not that bad
    believe if there is anyone who beats rick flairs record of 16 world titles it should be Triple H. he is ricks student. and is one of the greatest wrestlers alive 2day. no one should top ricks title reigns other than triple h
    Thank you Rick BoA
    The problem is that they diminished the ic and us title so much that only world or wwe championships can elevate a wrestler.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.