View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
This Blog has been edited from it's original version. To see the full blog (though there is not much difference) goto www.thewrestlegamershow.com

It began just under a month ago, With an eerie promo of a deserted house, on a dark and rainy night. Heavy footsteps slowly crept up to the house, and several distorted faces reflected through the rainy window...or so we thought. At the end, a date singed the screen..2-21-11.

For weeks rumors had raced throughout the internet saying that the legendary Sting was finally comming to the WWE to face the Undertaker in an epic battle at WrestleMania. Newspapers like the New York Times had even joined in saying that Sting had signed in with WWE, and to top things off he was removed from TNA's roster, only adding more feul to the fire. Finally it was nothing more than smoke and mirrors, as The Undertaker came out, and his opponent would be non-other than HHH.

This past week on TNA they had a very similar promo of a man walking up a set of steps in a stormy night (you can see where this is heading) where a date is lit up by lightning..3-3-11. (well at least TNA is not making us wait.) You can easily guess by the promo..and all the news reports that it's Sting. The Question is did Sting make the right decision in staying with TNA? (To View both The WWE and TNA Promos in one package click here)

Earlier today I came across a certain blog. Partially of out curiosity and the rest of it was out of sheer boredom..there wasn't much news out there today, I decided to give it a look over. This person, who I won't even name said that Sting chose a "forgettable career" over a "legendary career in WWE". Maybe this person was dropped on his head a few times at birth, where he left out WHY Sting said he would never work for the WWE.

Many years ago Steve Borden (aka Sting) did try out for the WWF. But Vince McMahon turned him and his character away saying his character was not sell-able. This was back in the days when he was "Beach Sting" and went to work in the NWA, and WCW. If Sting had taken Vice's advice, we would NEVER have the sting we would have today! Sting then vowed never to work in the WWF/WWE. He has only worked for the WWE for one single day, and that was the day the WWE bought WCW. However he never set foot in an offical WWE ring.

Now some may feel that Sting should have buried the hatchet and made peace with the WWE. Do I think that Sting deserves to be in the WWE Hall of Fame? Absolutly! the WWE has no problems selling DVD's with his name on it from the WCW days, and the WWE has also inducted plenty of wrestlers who have never set foot in a WWF/WWe ring. Sting should be no different. They have no problems raking in the cash while he's in TNA, they should induct him while he's in TNA...but we all know they wont.

As Far as the "dream match" at WrestleMania with The Undertaker is concerned, Why should he take a big paycheck, just to be The Undertaker's bitch? Isn't Sting worth more than that? I certainly think so...and apparently Sting thinks so to. And if this "Idiot" thinks that Sting can't influence kids from TNA, then you don't know a single thing about wrestling at all. TNA is nowhere as big as WWE, I'll grant you that, but it has it's followers. And Sting himself has his own reputation...wether you knew that or not. To be honest when I read this jack off's blog, it sounded like he was just one of those guys who was expecting sting to show up, then got pissed when he went the other way.

My Opnion: Yeah it would have been a great dream match at WrestleMania, but in the end, we all know who's gonna win...The Undertaker. (let me give you all a hint Taker's gonna beat HHH too) The WWE isn't gonna give Sting a title shot, certainly won't give him a title reign. The WWE will work him like a dog, and have the younger stars treat him like a stepping stone. In the end They'll make a DVD for 24 bucks give him a ring and a watch, and a boot out the door. Gee let me think about that one for a sec.....nah I'll stick with my pride and the buisness that treats me right. -Rick Starr

Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graffis
    So... I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure IF Sting ever really did want to go to the WWE (which he honest to God should) he would probably get the same sort of deal that Goldberg got. Basically, Goldberg and Sting were the two top stars WCW had that Vince McMahon didn't make huge. So, Sting would come in... Make a HUGE impact... Wrestle the most over guy at the time and win... Get thrown in the title picture and win... Lose it to the biggest heel... Win it back from the biggest heel... Then, like Goldberg, decide if he wants to stay or go. If he didn't resign he would drop the title and never see a ring again. If he stayed he would continue to be champion. It is all that simple. You guys are over thinking the entire thing. Plus, Vince has always treated Sting with respect from what Sting has said in interviews. So why wouldn't he treat him with respect now?
    I think most of us think that...the problem is Sting didn't think that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    I Read on the web sites throughout the years that Sting got turned down, way before the Monday Night Wars, even Started. and since then he swore he would never even work for Vince. I even read on one of the sites about that rumor about the whole Sting name. I was always told the internet rumors are about 75% crap, and for some reason, on this issue i just didn't listen. My mistake.
    I saw on Ric flair's DVD that Flair told Sting over the years that he should go work for Vince, but Sting never did...He never stated why. Thank you for setting the record straight.
    No biggie- but its true most of what you read is false or at least opinion.
    Who knows there could be some truth to it but if ya followed back in the day when JCP became WCW, it just didnt make sense. Trust me- if you could draw, Vince wanted ya. If ya had talent, he wanted ya (notice I separated them cause some had one and some had the other)

And then after seeing that video, whether or not hes being nice because of his new faith it he doesnt even give an inch that theres was ever any issue w/Vince.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Rant
    All I'm going to say is that TNA just blatant out right copied WWEs promo. They dont even try to disguise this. Perhaps this is a tongue in cheek promo as TNA knows all about the hype surrounding Sting and 2-21-11 so they copied it to show say "hey guess what Sting isnt going anywhere, we have Sting."

--Wrestling Rant
    Actually it was TNA taking back their idea.....
    They use the number/date thing back with 10-10-10 and then with 2-3-11...
    Then after WWE brought Nash and Booker back WWE decided to try to one up TNA with 2-21-11!!! Which kinda was a disappointment for many in the WWE AND IWC... But not for TNA!!!! Where as TNA decided to go with the 3-3-11 promo pretty much saying Vince we still got him and you don't.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    Well I do agree with you on one thing, Russo is a retard, there is no getting around that. As far as Sting going to the WWE, I would have loved to see him go to the WWE....6 or 7 years ago. Even when WWE bought out WCW I was praying for Sting to goto the WWE, but it never happened. I didn't know at that time that he had a grudge with the WWE. But now, the WWE would not push him, the WWE does not push the older talent, especially talent they just signed. Taker, HHH, and Edge(who is a bit younger) have been with the company for years they have earned their spot. Sting, would literally have to start from the ground up, and with the WWE pushing the younger talent, it just wasn't happening at this stage of his career. That's my only point. I apologize for the dropping on your head comment it was inappropriate, but if you looked at it from a realistic point of view, Sting only has about a year left in his career, it's not worth leaving his comfort zone to be a stepping stone.
    I thing you really have the wrong I dea of why Sting didn't when to the WWE. You might say they won't push older talent but I thing with Sitng for a brief period of time they would have made the exception. Proof of that is Goldberg.

Before everyone jumps and say Goldberg was threated like garbage by WWE let's make that straigth OK?

First of, from the interviews I have read is that they treated him like crap and tried to bury him, but if you take a look at his record, the guy was pretty impressive in a year, and everyone and his mother put him over (including HHH) big, that in the end HHH got his title back it was just one match, but even there he went out looking like a million bucks (yes, stunner by Austin but he defeated Brock in a crap match) and please just tell who in Hell got benefit from working with him? absolutely nobody, everyone became Goldberg's bitch and still the guy believe he was threated like crap.

Something similar would have happened with Sting, yes maybe he would have lost to The Undertaker, but maybe only that night, you take it like WWE is an evil COmpany that will bury all that they have not created and that is not true, Goldberg is proof of that and within time so it was with Benoit and Eddie Guerrero.

You can say "hey, look at Christian" but on that note, Christian was threated like that even before he left, same with Gail Kim.

Non of the talent I mentioned before is as big of a deal as Sting is so WWE would treat him right.

Were do you get they wil bury him and make him work like a horse? Even if you compare schedules, Taker worked way more dates back then than Goldberg and they worked around it nicely so with Sting if given the chance it would be no different.

Also, why do they own him a Spot into their Hall of Fame? Seriously. Yes he was force in the 90s but he refused to go there everytime and why? because the gimmick thing? give me a break, He got to glory when he changed that gimmick to the Darker Sting.

The WWE would have treated Sting well and the only reason why you justify his choice (Something that does not need to be justified) is because in reallity you don't want him in WWE now.

Why he does not need to be justified because Sting is part of Wrestling History, period.

He made the right choice for him, and it was not just about the money but about his familiy and as Ross put it, his "Comfort Zone" and there is nothing wrong with that. Yes it would have been cool to see him had a match with The Undertaker but well, that was Stng decision and no he is not a Dumbass, He is a legend anyway so it doesn't matter where works, the good thing he is still working and is in good physical condition, makes a lot of money and his family is OK, that is all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1
    Actually it was TNA taking back their idea.....
    They use the number/date thing back with 10-10-10 and then with 2-3-11...
    Then after WWE brought Nash and Booker back WWE decided to try to one up TNA with 2-21-11!!! Which kinda was a disappointment for many in the WWE AND IWC... But not for TNA!!!! Where as TNA decided to go with the 3-3-11 promo pretty much saying Vince we still got him and you don't.....
    And probably Vince was laughting it off.

Seriously while Sting doesn't have to or need to go to WWE to cement his Legacy, reallity is WWE does not need Sting at all, yes would have been cool to have him there but is not needed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by maar13
    I thing you really have the wrong I dea of why Sting didn't when to the WWE. You might say they won't push older talent but I thing with Sitng for a brief period of time they would have made the exception. Proof of that is Goldberg.

Before everyone jumps and say Goldberg was threated like garbage by WWE let's make that straigth OK?

First of, from the interviews I have read is that they treated him like crap and tried to bury him, but if you take a look at his record, the guy was pretty impressive in a year, and everyone and his mother put him over (including HHH) big, that in the end HHH got his title back it was just one match, but even there he went out looking like a million bucks (yes, stunner by Austin but he defeated Brock in a crap match) and please just tell who in Hell got benefit from working with him? absolutely nobody, everyone became Goldberg's bitch and still the guy believe he was threated like crap.

Something similar would have happened with Sting, yes maybe he would have lost to The Undertaker, but maybe only that night, you take it like WWE is an evil COmpany that will bury all that they have not created and that is not true, Goldberg is proof of that and within time so it was with Benoit and Eddie Guerrero.

You can say "hey, look at Christian" but on that note, Christian was threated like that even before he left, same with Gail Kim.

Non of the talent I mentioned before is as big of a deal as Sting is so WWE would treat him right.

Were do you get they wil bury him and make him work like a horse? Even if you compare schedules, Taker worked way more dates back then than Goldberg and they worked around it nicely so with Sting if given the chance it would be no different.

Also, why do they own him a Spot into their Hall of Fame? Seriously. Yes he was force in the 90s but he refused to go there everytime and why? because the gimmick thing? give me a break, He got to glory when he changed that gimmick to the Darker Sting.

The WWE would have treated Sting well and the only reason why you justify his choice (Something that does not need to be justified) is because in reallity you don't want him in WWE now.

Why he does not need to be justified because Sting is part of Wrestling History, period.

He made the right choice for him, and it was not just about the money but about his familiy and as Ross put it, his "Comfort Zone" and there is nothing wrong with that. Yes it would have been cool to see him had a match with The Undertaker but well, that was Stng decision and no he is not a Dumbass, He is a legend anyway so it doesn't matter where works, the good thing he is still working and is in good physical condition, makes a lot of money and his family is OK, that is all that matters.
    I don't doubt that that Sting is worthy of a big payoff. I've discussed this topic on my talk show "WrestleDOWN" at www.thewrestlegamershow on Wednesday nights (plug) But if he went to the WWE to face The Undertaker at WM27 we all know who is going to win and who is going to lose. And for Sting's Debut match on the biggest stage of them all is a pretty big pill to swallow. Goldberg left at WrestleMania, and was there for about a year. If Sting did the same thing, that would be cool. At least then he could lose with some dignity. But coming right in a few weeks before, is just crazy for anyone at his age.
    Quote Originally Posted by maar13
    And probably Vince was laughting it off.

Seriously while Sting doesn't have to or need to go to WWE to cement his Legacy, reallity is WWE does not need Sting at all, yes would have been cool to have him there but is not needed at all.
    I'm sure both sides laughed at the Promo....
    Sting/Dixie/Vince Russo
    Vince McMahon
    But actually WWE does need Sting to say every top star from WCW days has worked in the WWE in some way!!!! But it doesn't look very likely!!!!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.