View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
This Blog has been edited from it's original version. To see the full blog (though there is not much difference) goto www.thewrestlegamershow.com

It began just under a month ago, With an eerie promo of a deserted house, on a dark and rainy night. Heavy footsteps slowly crept up to the house, and several distorted faces reflected through the rainy window...or so we thought. At the end, a date singed the screen..2-21-11.

For weeks rumors had raced throughout the internet saying that the legendary Sting was finally comming to the WWE to face the Undertaker in an epic battle at WrestleMania. Newspapers like the New York Times had even joined in saying that Sting had signed in with WWE, and to top things off he was removed from TNA's roster, only adding more feul to the fire. Finally it was nothing more than smoke and mirrors, as The Undertaker came out, and his opponent would be non-other than HHH.

This past week on TNA they had a very similar promo of a man walking up a set of steps in a stormy night (you can see where this is heading) where a date is lit up by lightning..3-3-11. (well at least TNA is not making us wait.) You can easily guess by the promo..and all the news reports that it's Sting. The Question is did Sting make the right decision in staying with TNA? (To View both The WWE and TNA Promos in one package click here)

Earlier today I came across a certain blog. Partially of out curiosity and the rest of it was out of sheer boredom..there wasn't much news out there today, I decided to give it a look over. This person, who I won't even name said that Sting chose a "forgettable career" over a "legendary career in WWE". Maybe this person was dropped on his head a few times at birth, where he left out WHY Sting said he would never work for the WWE.

Many years ago Steve Borden (aka Sting) did try out for the WWF. But Vince McMahon turned him and his character away saying his character was not sell-able. This was back in the days when he was "Beach Sting" and went to work in the NWA, and WCW. If Sting had taken Vice's advice, we would NEVER have the sting we would have today! Sting then vowed never to work in the WWF/WWE. He has only worked for the WWE for one single day, and that was the day the WWE bought WCW. However he never set foot in an offical WWE ring.

Now some may feel that Sting should have buried the hatchet and made peace with the WWE. Do I think that Sting deserves to be in the WWE Hall of Fame? Absolutly! the WWE has no problems selling DVD's with his name on it from the WCW days, and the WWE has also inducted plenty of wrestlers who have never set foot in a WWF/WWe ring. Sting should be no different. They have no problems raking in the cash while he's in TNA, they should induct him while he's in TNA...but we all know they wont.

As Far as the "dream match" at WrestleMania with The Undertaker is concerned, Why should he take a big paycheck, just to be The Undertaker's bitch? Isn't Sting worth more than that? I certainly think so...and apparently Sting thinks so to. And if this "Idiot" thinks that Sting can't influence kids from TNA, then you don't know a single thing about wrestling at all. TNA is nowhere as big as WWE, I'll grant you that, but it has it's followers. And Sting himself has his own reputation...wether you knew that or not. To be honest when I read this jack off's blog, it sounded like he was just one of those guys who was expecting sting to show up, then got pissed when he went the other way.

My Opnion: Yeah it would have been a great dream match at WrestleMania, but in the end, we all know who's gonna win...The Undertaker. (let me give you all a hint Taker's gonna beat HHH too) The WWE isn't gonna give Sting a title shot, certainly won't give him a title reign. The WWE will work him like a dog, and have the younger stars treat him like a stepping stone. In the end They'll make a DVD for 24 bucks give him a ring and a watch, and a boot out the door. Gee let me think about that one for a sec.....nah I'll stick with my pride and the buisness that treats me right. -Rick Starr

Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Sting Controversy - A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Rick Starr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caper48
    Do you think sting would be who is today if he stayed with the beach sting persona I don't. What has made sting a so called legend is this dark mysterius character that just hung from the rafters and didn't do anything and would wrestle every once in a while. He hasn't wrestle full time 15+ years. In my opinion he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the undertaker, hbk and hhh those 3 love the business of wrestling, sting i think is just like hogan and flair it is all about the money. I know i will get ripped a new one for this but it is the truth and if you look at his career you will see what i mean.
    Well I do Agree that the "Crow" Sting is much better, that wasn't my point. however If you think that HBK, HHH, and the Undertaker are not about the mobney, you apperently don't know crap about the buisness. For one. TNA may be paying him well, but nowhere as well as the WWE would pay him. And if you want to talk about wrestling "full time" let's look at the Undertaker. Now I have nothing but respect for the guy, but he takes plenty of breaks over the years, wether it was injuries, or for other reasons. I think Sting is just as good as any other wrestler you mentioned. I find it funny how you idolized all the current WWE guys and trashed all the others. Make note of this: EVERY Wrestler in the main circuits are in it for the money! Wether it's the Miz, Cena, Orton, Taker Flair, From TNA to WWE they ALL want Money!
  2. Rick Starr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Rant
    All I'm going to say is that TNA just blatant out right copied WWEs promo. They dont even try to disguise this. Perhaps this is a tongue in cheek promo as TNA knows all about the hype surrounding Sting and 2-21-11 so they copied it to show say "hey guess what Sting isnt going anywhere, we have Sting."

    --Wrestling Rant
    Oh I agree, I kinda thought it was funny...cheesy but funny. I kinda wish TNA would focus on doing their own stuff, rather than trying to stick it to the WWE every week. But that's Russo for you.
  3. Rick Starr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy
    Sting is one of the worst buisnessman ever!!!
    He's not only working for less money, his working at a conpany that owns the rights to the decline of his career. Sting has been nothing more than a nostalgia act in tna. And he doesn't want to go to the place that can make him a star again putting him in video games, dvds, the hall of fame?

    I respect the decision of the man to not step inside a wwe ring, but he's a tool
    Many do Think that, But even Jim Ross pointed out that he is coming to the end of his career, and in TNA he has alot of control in his career. In the WWE he would loose alot of control, and would have to leave his "comfort zone". Why risk that when he is going to be done with his career within a year or so? As I stated in my blog, if he came to the WWE he would be the real "tool". Yea maybe the marketing aspect is twice as good in WWE, but that's a small price to pay for your pride.
  4. Rick Starr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan
    Sting changed his gimmick from the "Beach Sting" to the Sting we all know and... know now. So isn't that saying he DID take Vince McMahon's advice and changed his gimmick to make it sellable? Compare original Sting to current Sting and you'll see more people recognize the Darker one.
    First off, that was about 10 years maybe even longer before he made the change. and he was in WCW, not the WWE. Vince would have never created that specific character, let alone the name "Sting". He wanted to remove the name, because he thought it would remind people of the other "Sting"...the musician. Years laters Ric Flair told Sting he should try to go and work for McMahon, but Sting never would. Do I think he should have tried? yes I do, but not at this point of his career.
  5. Rick Starr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvine
    Don't give me the garbage that Sting took Vince's advice about changing his gimmick he didn't.
    If Sting was just in it for the money , he surely would be in the WWE, but as we can see he's not and it isn't about the money.
    If it was he would just sign, lose to Taker get his ring, and rest comfortably, on the money coming in from all the dvd sales.
    Telling me that HHH loves the business ....yeah he loves the money he is making.
    Steve did what was best for him and his family and he is called a tool......
    LOL!!!! did you just listen to the garbage you spewed out. Your an idiot, you have no clue what wrestling is all about.
    Updated 02-28-2011 at 05:50 PM by Rick Starr
  6. Wrestling_Deluxe_08's Avatar
    First off, thank you for basing your blog off of my blog. Now for my response. No I was not dropped on my head. In fact, I think you know just as well as I do that Sting going to TNA was a bad move, financially and physically, and for you say it was a GREAT move -- especially when you include TNA bluntly ripping off 3-3-11 -- something is wrong with you.

    By going to TNA, Sting made it that much harder for the younger talent to get over as main eventers because Russo The Retard will also feel the need to push him as a top star. You'd be crazy to even deny that, especially since he is NOW the TNA world champion and he JUST got back.

    When you are people going to realize that WWE in 2002 is NOT the sane WWE right now in 2011. New stars, new creative team, and new environment. On top of that, an environment that suits Sting greatly. It is much less edgy and cleaner environment than the attitude, post-attitude era that Sting disliked back then. Here is another thing. Vince and Steve are on good terms so why in the world would the creative team 'bury' him? Do you know the difference between BURYING and building new stars? Losing a match does not always mean YOU GOT BURIED. Sting is like Chris Jericho. It does not matter HOW many matches he loses or who it is to, he will always looks strong and, as a result, the person he lost to will look strong.

    Yes, I know Sting said 'he would never go to WWE' I saw the damn interview and I mentioned that in my blog. That was in 2002. This is 2011. As I said. New stars, new creative team, and new environment. It was understandable at the time because he did not want WWE to change his character, but now it is just ridiculous. There is no need to change his character, especially since his character in WCW has WAY too big of a history to even do that. I'm sure WWE would lend Sting a legends contract within in a second because of his history, which means a lighter schedule and matches here and there. Will he have to travel on the road once in a while? Okay. So? A few weeks or so away from his family is not going to kill him. In the big run, he gets a hall of fame ring, a dvd or two, makes new stars, and get his named mark in the history of WWE which means he will be remembered for GENERATIONS and not just this one generation of fans.

    I'm sorry, but your analogy about WWE working him like a dog and give him the boot out of the door makes me laugh. You assume WWE is going to treat him like shit as if you see WWE as this evil company that mistreats its wrestlers. Yes, they have mistreated some in the past, but a huge majority of those people lacked qualities that a main eventer should have. Benjamin = mic skills. Charlie Haas = Charisma. Matt Hardy = The Look. Sting has all of those qualities down so I don't see WWE treating him wrong. Maybe you just see it that way because you just don't want him to go to WWE.

    Thanks for the response though.
  7. Rick Starr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08
    First off, thank you for basing your blog off of my blog. Now for my response. No I was not dropped on my head. In fact, I think you know just as well as I do that Sting going to TNA was a bad move, financially and physically, and for you say it was a GREAT move -- especially when you include TNA bluntly ripping off 3-3-11 -- something is wrong with you.

    By going to TNA, Sting made it that much harder for the younger talent to get over as main eventers because Russo The Retard will also feel the need to push him as a top star. You'd be crazy to even deny that, especially since he is NOW the TNA world champion and he JUST got back.

    When you are people going to realize that WWE in 2002 is NOT the sane WWE right now in 2011. New stars, new creative team, and new environment. On top of that, an environment that suits Sting greatly. It is much less edgy and cleaner environment than the attitude, post-attitude era that Sting disliked back then. Here is another thing. Vince and Steve are on good terms so why in the world would the creative team 'bury' him? Do you know the difference between BURYING and building new stars? Losing a match does not always mean YOU GOT BURIED. Sting is like Chris Jericho. It does not matter HOW many matches he loses or who it is to, he will always looks strong and, as a result, the person he lost to will look strong.

    Yes, I know Sting said 'he would never go to WWE' I saw the damn interview and I mentioned that in my blog. That was in 2002. This is 2011. As I said. New stars, new creative team, and new environment. It was understandable at the time because he did not want WWE to change his character, but now it is just ridiculous. There is no need to change his character, especially since his character in WCW has WAY too big of a history to even do that. I'm sure WWE would lend Sting a legends contract within in a second because of his history, which means a lighter schedule and matches here and there. Will he have to travel on the road once in a while? Okay. So? A few weeks or so away from his family is not going to kill him. In the big run, he gets a hall of fame ring, a dvd or two, makes new stars, and get his named mark in the history of WWE which means he will be remembered for GENERATIONS and not just this one generation of fans.

    I'm sorry, but your analogy about WWE working him like a dog and give him the boot out of the door makes me laugh. You assume WWE is going to treat him like shit as if you see WWE as this evil company that mistreats its wrestlers. Yes, they have mistreated some in the past, but a huge majority of those people lacked qualities that a main eventer should have. Benjamin = mic skills. Charlie Haas = Charisma. Matt Hardy = The Look. Sting has all of those qualities down so I don't see WWE treating him wrong. Maybe you just see it that way because you just don't want him to go to WWE.

    Thanks for the response though.
    Well I do agree with you on one thing, Russo is a retard, there is no getting around that. As far as Sting going to the WWE, I would have loved to see him go to the WWE....6 or 7 years ago. Even when WWE bought out WCW I was praying for Sting to goto the WWE, but it never happened. I didn't know at that time that he had a grudge with the WWE. But now, the WWE would not push him, the WWE does not push the older talent, especially talent they just signed. Taker, HHH, and Edge(who is a bit younger) have been with the company for years they have earned their spot. Sting, would literally have to start from the ground up, and with the WWE pushing the younger talent, it just wasn't happening at this stage of his career. That's my only point. I apologize for the dropping on your head comment it was inappropriate, but if you looked at it from a realistic point of view, Sting only has about a year left in his career, it's not worth leaving his comfort zone to be a stepping stone.
    Updated 02-28-2011 at 10:41 PM by Rick Starr
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.