View RSS Feed

Hotrod Coolbeans

Why TNA does NOT need Paul Heyman.......

Rate this Entry
Before I begin, let me start by saying I believe Paul Heyman is a creative genius, Paul Heyman is a visionary and Paul Heyman is one of the greatest minds in pro wrestling history. However..............................

I have read so many TNA "fans" going on and on about how Heyman would save TNA, and about how TNA needs Heyman, but my question is this...... Does TNA need saving???

Lets consider some facts shall we my fellow wrestling fan. First off, the ratings for iMPACT! in the USA are increasing (i admit slowly) and over here in the UK the viewing figures show that iMPACT! often beats WWE RAW and constantly beats Smackdown, NXT, and all the other programs that VKM puts out. Considering these facts, does TNA need Heyman?

The storylines in TNA over the past several months have been exciting, intriguing, and intelligent (ev2.0, abyss/them, sting/nash alliance, hogan/bischoff/JJ conspiracy to name but a few). Does TNA need this side of the product saving?

The matches over the past several months have also been amazing to say the least, with the MCMG vs Beer Money series springing to mind, along with Angle vs AJ, Joe vs Hardy, RVD vs Abyss and many more. I guarantee you would not see wrestling like that in WWE. Does this need saving?

TNA is currently a profitable company, making more money than it is leaking. Did ECW ever make a profit??
TNA wrestling is only 8 years old and has way more fan awareness than ECW did, and i dare say more awareness at this early stage than WWE and WCW had at their respective 8 year stage. If TNA is this big after just 8 years, where could it be in another 8 years? another 12 years? 20 years? the possibilities are endless.

And where was Paul Heyman throughout all of this? Where has Paul. E been for the last 8 years? not in TNA thats for sure.
TNA has grown massively, both in stature and in production, without Paul Heyman, and it will continue to grow, with or without paul Heyman.

Would Paul Heyman be good for TNA? yes
Would TNA benefit from Paul's experience, ideas and knowledge? of course
Does TNA need Paul Heyman? Hell no!!!!!

Thanks for reading guys, feel free to leave comments/feedback.

Submit "Why TNA does NOT need Paul Heyman......." to Digg Submit "Why TNA does NOT need Paul Heyman......." to del.icio.us Submit "Why TNA does NOT need Paul Heyman......." to StumbleUpon Submit "Why TNA does NOT need Paul Heyman......." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by magicadd

TNA tried to go head to head and FAILED
    TNA try to sell pay per views and FAIL
    TNA try to sign decent contracts and FAIL (where's RVD gone? their number one guy hasn't got a full year contract)
    RVD has a full year contract, he was injured cause he was running out of dates on his contract the same thing that happened to mic Foley, so before you go around thinking you know everything and telling other people they dont know shit, check your facts
    Quote Originally Posted by WF™ - Original Member!
    I'd hardly call Jeff Hardy washed up although he doesn't look in the best shape possible.

Jeff Hardy was a 3 time World Champion in the WWE and was enterting his peak years and a guy that would have had a definite chance to main event WrestleMania XXVI and probably would have main evneted WrestleMania XXVII, TNA made a major coup when they signed him, he was still someone Vince wanted to build his company around and was the second biggest babyface in the land behind the cash cow Cena.

Rob Terry can never be like Triple H for two simple reasons, Triple H is/was an awesome worker and could promo his ass off, Terry can't work for toffee and couldn't cut a promo if his life depended on it.
    You do have good points there. But that is the reason why you run an angle of him getting attacked or getting squirrel aids or something. Send him to a training facility (Team 3D Wrestling School) and have him come back with all new knowledge on how to work. WWE did the same thing sort of with Drew McIntyre. If you recall his alliance with Dave Taylor back in like '07. Their doing the same thing with Ezikiel Jackson right now.

And in my opinion, Hardy is washed up. He cant wrestle worth a damn anymore. He doesnt put 100% into TNA, thats why he has gained weight. I've always disliked his mic skills. I mean, the day after he got off of his contract with WWE, he gets busted for having Tony Montana's drug stash in his house. Hardy is washed up because he doesnt care anymore. And those world titles? Isn't it funny how they all happened towards the end of his contract? WWE was trying to get him to stay.
    magicadd is an idiot in every thing he says
    yes ure ryt hotrod coolbeens in everyting u have sed and i agree.
    yes ppl watch match of the day and i prefer to record motd when im at hme and watch TNA, but i think the mentatlity of wrestling fans in america and in england is different.
    many ppl in the uk have always been great wrestling fans and there are less kids who watch wrestling, usa is full of kids who watch the wwe crappy PG product and less adults who watch wrestling as they have transitioned 2 mma.

what i am saying is the pro wrestling trend and popularity has decreased overall and if u want proof look at wwe ratings during attitude era, they are in 5s, 6s and sevens im sure theres an 8 sumwer or a 7.9!! thats mre than RAW and Smackdown 2getha, even throw in TNA!

TNA would be alot better WITH heyman but alas u are ryt, they do not NEED him as thier "saviour" i wud have preferrd JR anyways
    but i wud love paul heyman at tna
    Thanks dude, its good to see TNA has such good support in this country. I agree with you 100% about how different the UK fans are compared to the fans across the pond, and I mean no disrespect to any American fans, but I think the WWE machine doesn't have the same grasp on us brits as it does the U.S fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    You do have good points there. But that is the reason why you run an angle of him getting attacked or getting squirrel aids or something. Send him to a training facility (Team 3D Wrestling School) and have him come back with all new knowledge on how to work. WWE did the same thing sort of with Drew McIntyre. If you recall his alliance with Dave Taylor back in like '07. Their doing the same thing with Ezikiel Jackson right now.

And in my opinion, Hardy is washed up. He cant wrestle worth a damn anymore. He doesnt put 100% into TNA, thats why he has gained weight. I've always disliked his mic skills. I mean, the day after he got off of his contract with WWE, he gets busted for having Tony Montana's drug stash in his house. Hardy is washed up because he doesnt care anymore. And those world titles? Isn't it funny how they all happened towards the end of his contract? WWE was trying to get him to stay.
    I think the difference between Drew McIntyre and Rob Terry is that Drew was always a good worker with tons and tons of promise, he was ripping it up all over the UK for years when he got his big break to the States, he was just being prepared for the big arena's and such which he struggled with when he was paired with Dave Taylor, Terry has never had that kind of interest in the business and was only brought to America when John Laurinaitis thought he could turn him into the next Batista, it just wasn't possible, as much as I don't like Batista this guy couldn't hold a torch to him.

As for Hardy, I'd not say his weight gain is due to him being washed up, I just feel that its because he doesn't have to work anywhere near as hard as he did while contracted with the WWE, he was working four days a week, under constant presure to keep clean due to the Wellness Tests and he was also under pressure to stay in good shape, all of this went belly up when he didn't renew his contract, as for not giving TNA 100%, I'd agree with this, but I actually think if he gets away without jail time from his up and coming trial then you might just see a more motivated Jeff Hardy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.