View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Sting. You're a dumbass.

Rating: 9 votes, 2.00 average.
Yeah, you read it right. Get ready for one hell of a rant in this blog. I am holding nothing back. I'm sure everyone here has read the news that Sting has re-signed with TNA and will be possibly return on this upcoming TNA iMPACT! This blog will be addressed that.

So let me get this straight. Sting; a legend in the industry of wrestling just seriously passed up an opportunity to join WWE, get inducted into the hall of fame, have a legendary match at Wrestlemania, and get the biggest pay off of his career .... for TNA? He seriously chose a forgettable career in TNA over a possible legendary career in WWE? I'm sorry, but that does not even sound right. Listen, I know Sting said he would never work for WWE and it is hard to not admire him standing true to his word. Still, IMO, it has come to the point where I am like - Dude, you're career is almost over! You are around 50 years old and you want to waste the last few matches in a crappy organized company like TNA with bad quality storylines and wrestling matches. You are literally passing up the biggest pay off of your life, not only in salary but in career credibility.... because you can't get over your damn pride and would rather settle for an underwhelming and lackluster career in TNA? By now, I hope what I am trying to get across has sunken in to whoever is reading this blog.

Alright. I never in my life thought I would say this, but if this is true and he did indeed sign with TNA.... then Sting is a dumbass. Really. Think about it. WWE owns ALL of Sting's clips from WCW which is where his career was at his prime. Think of how prominent and memorable WWE can make Sting. Does he honestly think he will be remembered more in TNA than in WWE? Does he honestly think being in TNA will do his career better than signing with WWE? The guy passed up a match of a lifetime. I guarantee you WWE would have thrown Sting against Taker for the hell of it if he signed. The schedule wouldn't have been bad either. He could easily work a possible legends contract where he can help make new stars in better quality storylines. Also, just think of how many kids he could have influenced in the WWE since they have the platform needed for him to BE an influence to the kids. Yet he passed ALL of that up ... for a career in TNA?

Tell me something. What is there left for him to do in a crappy company like TNA? He has faced everyone there already. He has faced Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, AJ Styles, Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, and others. The entire time he was there, the ratings did not change one bit. Even when he was world champion, it did not change much. Why? It is not because of Sting. It is because TNA sucks at booking him correctly. Has TNA done ONE feud with Sting that you find memorable? I don't and I've kept up with his career in TNA believe it or not. Now, I know someone is going to come on here and say "You're just mad because Sting is not the guy in the 2-21-11 promo and is not facing Taker at Wrestlemania" and you're right. Sting WOULD be facing Taker at Wrestlemania if he signed with WWE. I guarantee you. So yeah. I am upset and disappointed in Sting because I thought he was SMARTER than this. You're career is almost over Sting and you want to use it up as a forgettable career in TNA. Sting. You are a dumbass.

This has gone FAR beyond staying true to someone's word. Now this is holding onto your ego and not letting go of your pride. Do you think Sting would have gone back to TNA if they were not going to put the title on him? Better yet, do you think Sting would have gone back to TNA if they were going to use him to put over the young talents and have him lose a majority of his matches? I doubt it. Sting is afraid to go to WWE because he feels WWE will not utilize him how HE wants to be utilized and not showcase him as 'a top star' like he wants to be. How long does he plan on being on top? At his age, he should be trying to preserve his legacy and help out others like Terry Funk, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H have done. Am I right?

I'm sorry. I am not saying Sting is a bad guy and I am not going to trash his career because he did not go to WWE. He is and will always be one of the best this industry has seen. Yes, he has a right to do whatever he wants and end his career wherever he wants. But at the end of the day, what is there left to Sting's career? If he stays in TNA, his career will only be known to one generation; the fans who remember his time in WCW and TNA. No more. In WWE, a company that will definitely last much longer than TNA (I promise you) and has a more prominent history that will easily make Sting a legend, he will be remember for ALL generations. All Sting had to do was sign a legendary contract with WWE, wrestle a match with Taker, work with a few other talents, make a DVD or two, and get a damn ring. Bam. He will be set for life.

But no. Sting decides to let his pride got the better of him and settle for TNA. If he is, then he is making a bad decision. A decision that he will regret making for the rest of his life. Okay, so he did not 'sell out' as some people would say. Wondeful. But at what cost? What is he going to tell his kids when he is older and rocking in his chair? I'll tell you what. Imagine this. Steve Borden is an old man who can't walk anymore and he is sitting in his chair. One day he sees his grandson watching a WWE match on TV and he calls him over to sit in his lap. This is what he will tell him:

"Young lad, I used to be one of the biggest stars in the industry back in the day, but no one remembers who I am. I had an opportunity to inspire kids for generations and generations but I was soon forgotten because I let my pride get the best of me.

Why did I let this happen? Because -- I was a dumbass."

Signed. Sealed. Deliver. Thank you for reading.

Submit "Sting. You're a dumbass." to Digg Submit "Sting. You're a dumbass." to del.icio.us Submit "Sting. You're a dumbass." to StumbleUpon Submit "Sting. You're a dumbass." to Google

Updated 02-26-2011 at 01:52 PM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08 (This post has been updated to meet current news reports.)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    he's gonna tell his kids he stuck to his conviction even if there was some backlash, he'll tell his kids he said he would not join WWE and he stuck by that. it isn't your place, nor anyone elses, to judge his business decisions.
    You can't be mad at the guy for not selling-out. I know you, and everyone, is disappointed that we couldn't see some of our dream matches play out. It is not like he was going to have a long run anyway with that schedule WWE has got going on. Besides the Undertaker, who can he really face and make it worth it. Some day he will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but for now he has to pass the torch on somewhere, and Wrestlemania versus an opponents who does not need the torch is not the place to do it.

I understand your frustration, but like Jaitsu said, it is really not your place. Plus you do not know exactly what went into his decision.

Crack, out.
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    This is beyond ''not selling out.''

It's Sting huge ego that's not letting him go to WWE, because he'll inevitably job to Taker, and he thinks that it's him being the final WCW star that Vince hasn't screwed over.

In TNA, he has the strap, and can feel like he's worth something.

It's actually very sad. This is all coming from a huge Sting mark.
    You're the dumb ass, quite frankly. Just because a few IWC fans were making something out of a possible Sting v. Undertaker match does not mean that's what would happen if he went to WWE. Secondly, just because Sting didn't sign with TNA doesn't mean he can't make his kids proud; that's actually a disgusting thought. He can say, however, "kids, I found god and tried my hardest to help a small company grow." Don't trash Sting because you went around for a week or two telling everyone OMG HE'S HERE OMG.
    Ok I am going to do the opposite, Sting as my friend Chris would say," You idiot" It was your decision but I truly believe you made the wrong one, I know the Tna marks will say differently but they all know deep down they are wrong. WWE would have shown you respect, you are truly earned it but no one will know the trials and tribulations of Steve Borden, just the select few, and in time your name will fail. Now lets look at the greatest of all time, The Undertaker his name will be etched in the wrestling world for eternity, I guarantee to you when the last outlaw retires(God forbid) and as the time passes everyone will still know his name will still wait until the day he dies(God Forbid) to hear the Gong which signals the presence of the Deadman. All of us will remember him but Sting your name will be lost after you retire in a few years time. Sting I wish you all the best and I respect you greatly, I'm jus sayin...
    Sting isn't the dumb ass. Its you and everyone else who believed that it was Sting in that 2/21/11 promo. You should have never banked so hard on it being Sting vs. Undertaker. Sting made the smart decision for himself. By being with TNA, he won't be far from his family, he won't be jobbing to anyone, his career won't be detstroyed like all the other WCW wrestlers that went to WWE, and also, there are very few Sting fans in any WWE arena. The WWE universe are ignorant when it comes to Sting. Like I said, it was a smart decision for Sting.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.