WWE - The Future & The Now + notes
by, 02-13-2011 at 11:18 AM (4360 Views)
Let's face it online world. WWE may have its faults and may not 'be the same as it used to be' (the attitude era's & TV-14 programming's ship has sailed so lets all get over it now) so I call on you all: Accept it. Feel it. Live it. Have faith in it! The youth movement is in full swing in WWE as everyone can see, and this for all of us loyal wrestling fans who simply love this business should give it a chance to succeed, and let it be another chapter in the history books of WWE.
Personally, I see a certain crop of superstars leading the way into the future of WWE: Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Skip Sheffield and Daniel Bryan. However, something that lacks from every one of these named superstars (with the exception of The Miz) is NATURAL CHARISMA. A BELEIVABLE CHARACTER FOR THE AUDIENCE TO GET BEHIND OR AGAINST. The format for a new superstar is all the same these days. Boots, trunks, kneepads. Now get out there and say what we tell you to say. Where are the colourful and unique characters that defined the WWF and raised it to new heights in the early 90's?
I purposely left John Morrison off that list because honestly, with his serious lack of verbal skills and montone voice, and mid-card status for 5 years now, he has become a typecast. He is now what Shelton Benjamin was during his last few years in WWE: A mid card talent who just could not be taken seriously as a main event talent. Kofi Kingston is another young talent who I couldn't accept as a main event talent either. DiBaise and Rhodes have fallen off a mountain as big as Everest. Mason Ryan does nothing for me.
Let me just clarify that Randy Orton and John Cena are NOT THE FUTURE, they are what's known as 'the now'. Let's face it, what is there left for those two to do? Who is there for them to fued with who wont be fed to them? Randy Orton is the most boring Main event talent I have seen in quite some time. I always wondered why John Cena was knocked by the IWC until I seen his embarrassingly cheesy promos. Btw, I met Cena out of the ring one time; he is NOT fan friendly.
Edge is either getting injured, rehabbing an injury, or world champion. Same old format. He has had so many short title reigns that it means nothing seing him with the belt anymore. Christian, as much as the IWC gushes it's pants over him, does NOT have main event charisma or talent. I see him just becoming a William Regal-style trainer in the future. As for Rey Mysterio, what is there left for him to do besides turn heel?
**Some other notes**
1. WWE needs to have more wrestling on RAW
2. I have no problem with the current commentary lineup
3. WWE needs to reduce PPV's to 10-12 a year
4. WWE SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO GET RID OF ONLINE STREAMS. I use them, and the numbers using them is truly shocking and is a hidden killer in their ratings and PPV buys woes.
5. Find something for Orton and Cena to do other than constant title matches.
6. Keep the current youth movement in full swing.
7. Give wrestlers a little more input on their characters.
8. Revitalise Tag team wrestling; but not essential
9. Remove Hornswoggle from all programming
10. Wellness test ALL the superstars. I have SERIOUS DOUBTS over it's authenticity. You could nearly guess who I'm thinking of.
For now, thanks for reading.