View RSS Feed

gr8one6680

It doesn't matter what TNA does

Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average.
Most people that hate on TNA(IWC fans) plead and beg for something do it out of spite. It does not matter what happens in TNA regardless of what the ICW(which represents a small percentage of overall viewership) wants done in the organization. They beg for AJ Styles to be a face yet when he becomes a face with foutune they balk. TNA is incompatant with its staff and doesn't care. TNA needs to rid itself of Nash and shouldn't hire Booker T because they are old and hasbeens. Yet they were both hired by WWE and aplauded as great hires. Regardless of there roles in either company.

Now when it comes to Hogan most of you hate just because his name is associated with TNA. There is more than a handful of people that have been trashing Hogan for being on or involved with TNA, yet he has been absent for months due to his back. Yet he is a a huge scapegoat(within the all knowing IWC's mind) for the failures of TNA(which are determined by the IWC). Hogan made what wrestling is today by creating such a huge surge TWICE in his career, which is one reason wrestling is as big as it is today.

I have been a wrestling fan most of my life. I have watched the rockin wrestling era, along with many clash of the champions on TBS the 80's. I have watched the deadzone of the early 90's that morphed into the NWO when Hogan tried a new angle in his career which was the birth of the almighty attitude era. Then the death of WCW which helped the decline of Professional wrestling because of a greedy, arogant Vince Mcmahon who didn't think he needed the organization. The ratings droped hugely because of this and he hasn't been able to figure a way to bring them back up without a rival company.

Enter TNA and a differant organization that starts out as a PPV wrestling company. They do well enough they receive a tv contract, which they are a still a young budding company. Then they start grow ever so slightly, enter Dixie and a dream to make it the top if not right there company. They start dong everythiing they can to do that. They hire names and are trashed for it for being wash up WWE stars. They hire "mid carders" and are tashed for hiring nobodys. They bring in new talent and are trashed for taking the origanals spots.

It is getting rather old on how much all of you nobodys trash TNA. Most of the ICW that hate on TNA represent such a small percentage of viewership it doesn't matter what you think or say. You want AJ to be good and yet you trash it when he does. You want hogan off of TV and he is and you still trash him when he is absent. They could steal edge, ortan, cena, taker, even HHH . And you all know it would be looked as a huge mistake while cheering on sharkboy and christopher daniels. Regardlees you will hate on TNA, why?

Submit "It doesn't matter what TNA does" to Digg Submit "It doesn't matter what TNA does" to del.icio.us Submit "It doesn't matter what TNA does" to StumbleUpon Submit "It doesn't matter what TNA does" to Google

Updated 02-14-2011 at 11:04 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I generally agree with this. For me, TNA is way better than WWE right now. The X Division seems to be making a comeback, the Fortune storyline was an excellent save from a potentially bad situation and if they would just bring back their cool matches like King of the Mountain and Ultimate X, TNA would be vastly improved. While their writing is pretty jumbled and nonsensical typically, lately it has improved (aside from the Jarret/Angle fued, maybe Pope/Joe too). But anyone who says they would rather watch Smackdown! than iMPACT is lying.
    [QUOTE=But anyone who says they would rather watch Smackdown! than iMPACT is lying.[/QUOTE]

I would rather watch Smackdown, and am not lying. But thats more of a trust issue at this point. They have a tendency to build things up so big that it always becomes a huge let down. (It doesn't help that I really don't care for anyone in their current main event picture)

While I admit that WWE doesn't have a great product or story going right now either, it almost seems like that they are coasting along so much these day's that I don't expect them to wow me. Of course after the first week of the 02/21/11 hype I'm sure I'll be pissed when it's the Undertaker.
    You're pretty much spot on with everything you've written here. I get tired of people on here bitching about what TNA doesn't do or what they need to do better...when they do do these things, its never enough! Many of those apart of the IWC are in denial about being WWE marks...I was a long loyal fan of WWE but I've also always been honest with myself. And honestly, WWE programming is pure shit these days!

IWC bitches about old ass wrestlers constantly being recruited by TNA...yet sing the praises of the WWE when they hire Nash and Booker T!

IWC bitches about old ass guys competing for the TNA world title...but no one says a word about Jerry Lawler's 61 year old ass being #1 Contender for the WWE Title!

IWC bitches about the botched angles in TNA...but refuse to account for the countless pushes mid-cards are given to only take a back seat to some NXT rookie fresh on tv or the lack of multiple angles to make anyone give a damn about fueds outside of the World titles!

IWC bitches about how TNA lack original angles...but "everyone" is disgusted by the JJ/Angle fued! Yet no one wants to talk about what potential emotional wounds could have been reopened from the Edge/Hardy/Lita angle in the WWE!

IWC bitches about how many fans are in the Impact Zone....but then goes on to bitch about how many kids and women there are cheering for John Cena in WWE arenas!

IWC bitches every time TNA recruits former WWE talent (going so far as calling it a place for WWE rejects)...but either has nothing to say when WWE picks up a TNA guy and buries the shit of'em or constantly raves about how AJ Styles and Samoa Joe needs to come to WWE!

It's the most hypocritial shit ever!
    Updated 02-14-2011 at 04:04 PM by Xpacfan
    "TNA is incompatant with its staff and doesn't care".

You are incompetent for not knowing how to spell incompetent. Typos put your intelligence into question and it makes your opinions null and void.
    They beg for AJ Styles to be a face yet when he becomes a face with foutune they balk.
    I balk at his microphone skills...Just have him putting on 5 star matches again like the pre-hogan era and i'll be happy.

TNA is incompatant with its staff and doesn't care.
    If letting go of ODB, Roxxi, Taylor Wilde and Kong isn't incompetent then i don't know what is. If choosing to put a title on a man who is due in court and is facing jail time isn't incompetent then i don't know what is. If releasing Lance Hoyt, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Homicide, Ron Killings, 'Apollo Creed' isn't incompetent... you get where i'm going with this.
    Russo is a good writer...when someone is filtering him they did in the attitude era! It seems that whatever he writes hasn't been checked over because storylines often don't make sense..

TNA have made some awful mistakes with their releases. but as i will mention later, they have made some good replacements too.

TNA needs to rid itself of Nash and shouldn't hire Booker T because they are old and hasbeens. Yet they were both hired by WWE and aplauded as great hires. Regardless of there roles in either company.

Booker was the last person people were calling hasbeens. Booker and Nash have appeared in the Royal Rumble for a collective 7 mintues. Nash and Booker in TNA were involved in Major storylines (MEM, Resistance to immortal with Sting). The worst culprits is hogan, bischoff and flair somehow involving themselves with EVERY main event match on PPV since genesis 2010. Just take a look at the results- Against all odds was probably the first ppv title match that didn't have ANY interference from any of those 3 names. EV 2.0; Shane Douglas did it. WWE did it, Twice. Why did TNA feel the need to do a reunion, again?

Now when it comes to Hogan most of you hate just because his name is associated with TNA. There is more than a handful of people that have been trashing Hogan for being on or involved with TNA, yet he has been absent for months due to his back. Yet he is a a huge scapegoat(within the all knowing IWC's mind) for the failures of TNA(which are determined by the IWC). Hogan made what wrestling is today by creating such a huge surge TWICE in his career, which is one reason wrestling is as big as it is today.

You are naive to think that just because he's been off camera for a month that he hasn't had a lot of input into creative. I was always a Warrior fan but yes hogan was always important to wrestling, until he power tripped in WCW. He was half decent in WWE on his second run because of the dream match possibilities with HBK, Austin, The Rock but personally, i started getting sick of hogan with his constant need for fame - Celebrity Wrestling and hogan knows best. TNA isn't WWE, it was popular for being an alternative, not a copy. This is why i started watching TNA to begin with. But now it just seems to be too similar to WCW which isn't why i started watching the show. I used to really enjoy the X-division and the knockouts weren't piss breaks- at one point they had one of the best female rosters i've seen from a main stream wrestling company! (Compared to WCW, ECW, WWE). Now they don't have half as many good female wrestlers - only Mickie, Angelina, Tara, madison, Sarita (rosita looks like she could be good) - the others are eye candy.

Then the death of WCW which helped the decline of Professional wrestling because of a greedy, arogant Vince Mcmahon who didn't think he needed the organization. The ratings droped hugely because of this and he hasn't been able to figure a way to bring them back up without a rival company.
    Wrestling ratings were on a downward spiral through much of 2000 and onwards anyway, once the drama of the Attitude era started decreasing and WCW spat out rediculous storyline one after another. why do you think Ted Turner wanted to sell WCW? Because Wrestling was declining and he knew that, that's why he's rich to begin with. WCW were going to close! Vince bought the library from an already dying WCW. Serious, this is starting to look like a Vince McMahon hate speech now... The point im making is whilst Vince did get greedy in 2001 onwards, WCW was GOING to close regardless so this had nothing to do with Vince.

They hire "mid carders" and are tashed for hiring nobodys. They bring in new talent and are trashed for taking the origanals spots.
    I have not seen them being trashed for bringing in new names-Crimson, Gen Me, Douglas Williams, Wolfe, Jesse Neal are pretty popular and seem to be good additions to the roster.
    They have however signed quite a lot of "duds" from WCW, ECW and WWEs former talents.
    Orlando Jordan, Shannon Moore, brian kendrick, Rob Terry, Miss Tessmacher, are a few that did nothing in WWE and so far have done nothing in TNA.
    Many talents like Dreamer, Sabu, Waltman, Hall, Nasty Boyz, Raven, Shaun Morely, trevor murdoch really didn't do ANYTHING in their last runs in WWE and there's no way anyone can dispute this. None of these have done anything relevent since the end of the 90s. (besides One night stand and Shane Douglas' hardcore revolution).

They hire names and are trashed for it for being wash up WWE stars.

Jeff Hardy, Anderson, Pope, RVD, Tara, Mickie James and Tazz prove this isn't the case. They have all fit in very well with the TNA roster and WWE made a mistake in letting a lot of these talents go.

The reason the "WWE Rejects" have been trashed is simple. They bring in these "big" names from WWE then everyone in TNA gets forgotten about- Anderson, Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD all come straight into the title picture. TNAs former biggest stars; Joe, Abyss and AJ, have suffered for the past year because of this, often thrown into stupid storylines (Hall of fame ring anyone?). Tara did the same in the Knockouts division. Those are the ones people were annoyed at for stealing originals spots, not the 'new' talent. You catch my drift?
    People were just annoyed at new talents coming in and being given a priority over the originals. Fortune should never have been paired with immortal...they should have been opposing them and i'm glad they lost Booker and Nash, because now they have done this. This will stop Beer money, kaz and AJ being overshadowed by Immortal.

It is getting rather old on how much all of you nobodys trash TNA. Most of the ICW that hate on TNA represent such a small percentage of viewership it doesn't matter what you think or say.
    Yes, they represent the few that STILL WATCH tna because the rest of them have switched off already- Are you really negating people's opinions because they are a small percentage of TNA viewership? And did you really need to resort to personal abuse to get your point across...
    The facts are there;
    TNA are pulling similar figures that ECW brought in and look where they ended up. TNA hasn't improved ratings wise in years. They are getting the odd increase every so often but their average rating for the year is still around the same point it was at in 2008. And no, they are not doing better than WWE in the UK. Raw in the UK airs at 2am on a tuesday morning whilst TNA aired 9pm on a saturday night. Smackdown beats raw consistantly every week and has for a long time due to the timeslot it has.

You want AJ to be good and yet you trash it when he does. You want hogan off of TV and he is and you still trash him when he is absent.

No, they are trashing his creative input. He is still in charge of creative decisions! He is still relevent to storylines and is mentioned every single show. "When hogan comes back.." "When dixie loses this court case Hogan will take control of TNA.." so no, he's still not off television if his name is being used by bischoff to promote storylines - The whole Dixie vs Hogan court case is actually a major storyline theme in TNA...it's just nobody really cares about it.

They could steal edge, ortan, cena, taker, even HHH . And you all know it would be looked as a huge mistake while cheering on sharkboy and christopher daniels.

ROFL. You are comparing shark boy to christopher daniels? But no. The fact of the matter is this... TNA could sign those names, but just because you have a big name means nothing if you aren't using them properly. TNA has a good, solid roster, but their storylines let them down.

Regardlees you will hate on TNA, why?
    I've put some very valid reasons why people tend to not like TNA.
    I watch TNA and WWE so personally i am allowed to say whatever i want about either show. I get more entertainment from Raw and Smackdown than TNA and i'm pretty sure a lot of other people feel the same way. (otherwise wouldn't more people be watching TNA?)Raw and Smackdown are not always as good as they used to be but they have been steadily improving over the past year with the emergence of many talents. Wrestling kinda sucks right now but at least WWE know what to do with people who are past their prime. They limit their appearances on their shows or move them to on-air but non-wrestling roles not involve them on TV every single week or include them in major storylines. Undertaker appears for about 3 months a year! Triple H has taken a backstage role and has limited his ring time over the past few years, even before his injury. Him and HBK spent 2009 nowhere near the title picture..and that's their two biggest stars! The one exception currently is Jerry Lawler, but he's only there because he's getting his overdue wrestlemania match before he retires for good.
    Some good points but you can't seriously think a minority of fans are moaning about TNA...
    Updated 02-15-2011 at 02:42 PM by Lowki
    Xpac fan... the impact zone crowd fucking sucks man. They boo a heel, then when a chant for the face goes up, half the crowd then chant for the heel just because they can...wtf. Example; Matt Hardy walks to the ring at AAO. Half the front row and visibly booing and thumbs down-ing matt. Half way through a "RVD" chant, those same morons are now chanting "Let's go hardy". Really, does this need anymore explaining. The women and kids have a right to cheer Cena and the men have a right to boo him, but they don't boo him THEN cheer him in the same match like TNA does with most the wrestlers.

Edge/Hardy/Lita angle
    Yes, because this is as bad as losing custody of your children and having to walk your ex-wife down the aisle.
    Lita and Matt were actually TALKING and best friends before matt came back to WWE.

IWC bitches about old ass guys competing for the TNA world title...but no one says a word about Jerry Lawler's 61 year old ass being #1 Contender for the WWE Title!
    Every thread about WWE you bitch and moan about Jerry Lawler. Everytime people try and make you see that Lawler is only there as a final farewell before he retires. The guy is a legend and never got a wrestlemania match! This miz angle is only hyping this one match before he retires. Also Lawler can STILL wrestle and move about as well as he could when he was in his 30s. Flair, Hogan and Foley Can't!

IWC bitches about the botched angles in TNA...but refuse to account for the countless pushes mid-cards are given to only take a back seat to some NXT rookie fresh on tv or the lack of multiple angles to make anyone give a damn about fueds outside of the World titles!

Who has taken a back seat to a NXT rookie? No NXT rookie is even in the middle of a push besides Bryan, which isn't much of a push... Nexus is there for CM punk NOT NXT rookies. Corre are fueding with the Big Show, who will end up fighting Zeke.
    Nobody cares about fueds outside the world title? I give you 2010; Undertaker v HBK- It was bigger than ANY fued in TNA history and had 3 months build.
    I believe Orton v CM punk is getting more attention than either Title fued right now. There's more talk about Undertakers possible opponent. People are talking more about Del Rio and John Morrison than the world title fueds (As it stands Del Rio ISNT in the world title picture until after EC because Ziggler and EDGE are fueding).

At least think before you spout your typical "I HATE WWE BUT LOVE TNA" bullshit xpacfan. I watch both shows so i have the right to vent about TNA and WWE. I don't like Cena and Orton being shoved into the title picture constantly. Smackdowns equivalent is Edge or the Undertaker, both of these are always somehow involved in the World title fueds. I hate that WWE doesn't give people the title for a year like before, or that they put so much emphasis on Undertaker, Edge, Cena, Orton that they are missing out the chance to give other people credible main event status like they did in the past (Miz i guess can be included now). The more main eventers, the fresher the title picture.
    TNA fans piss me off when they can't even admit there's anything wrong with their product so come to the internet to bitch about OTHER fans who call TNA out on it.
    despite what Lowki says as he's quite obviousely marking for WWE, shut the hell up man, gr8tone made some damn good points and your just trying to put them down.

i am glad someone finally says what needed to be said, if TNA were as bad as people say it is, then it would be out of business, if it were as bad as people say it is, there wouldn't be a single fan in the impact! zone, people need to just accept that TNA IS a viable alternative, and stop trying to trash it to make themselves feel good about watching WWE, or ROH, or Dragon Gate, or Chikara, or whatever it is you watch, go ahead and watch it, but quit bitching about TNA.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.