View RSS Feed

CMhuw24

Who can Replace the Main Eventer of WWE

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Well as we all know, SuperCena and SuperOrton wont always last forever. Hell 3-4 years from now they might be both eyeing retirement as main eventing every PPV and Brand Show their on would most likely destroy their body.
So WWE, who do youu have planned to build over the next year or two to replace their huge main event positions?
Here are 3 applicants thati beleive would work. (P.S. CM Punk will not be included as i dont really know how long he'll be around for.)

1. The Miz - This man is so so so close. He is obviously the perfect fit for this position. Not only has this man completely evolved from a misfit no one like hearing or watching, but now he is the must see and hear man in WWE as his skills have increased at an increadible rate. While he has already headlined a WM, he did it as heel. And not to be harsh, but i dont beleive until you hold the WWE Championship or WHC as a face, and headline, then your not a complete main eventer for the future. But thankfully, i see Miz as being a face champion soon, as he will easily be able to be a top face with his mic skills and workrate. Also, his name, is quite unique, as these days most wrestlers have a normal name, but Miz, he has a title of "The Miz" which i personally believe lets him stand out.

2. Alex Riley - Sure, the man is fresh in this business at the moment, but from what i saw on NXT and when he was with the Miz he does have quite the mic work for a fresh newcomer. And while he is a tad botchy, overall his ring work isnt bad either. But the big side to this man, is that his body and compesition are what are needed for a main event face, hes not short, bulky and can move around that ring quite quickly. And also WWE have given him a great song which makes me always interested. And finally, the name. Alex Riley, or A-Ry, is quite catchy and i can see being used well. Nothing is worse than a dud name, as people dont want to chant it nor wear clothing on it, but Alex Riley, is perfect. Give this man a year, and decent push, not cramming him down our throats, and he could well be the answer.

3. John Morrison/Justin Gabriel - Sure, your probably thinking there is no way in hell any of the two could do it as both of them have low mic skills. Well i believe that with their personal amazing skills and ring work, possibly a little more mic training, they could be quite the main eventer as we certainly do need a main event high flyer now that Rey is on the downside of his career. A certain wrestler i can relate too in the past is Jeff Hardy, as his popularity sky rocketed with his high flying techniques and the way he would use his body from all angles and falls. Now your probably thinking why i chose these two over other high flyers such as Sin Cara, Even Bourne and Kofi Kingston. Well the answer is size, John Morrison and Justin Gabriel are both luckily enough to have the height neccessary to be a main eventer. Also they both have a moveset from which ive seen which are very unique and fun to watch, which captivates a crowd, and is what WWE need now that Shawn Michaels has retired, they need a person who comes out every night and gives a hell of a match, losing or winning. And while people tend to push Jo-Mo away from main event scene as of his relationship with Melina, i beleive he will come to his senses one day and realise he can be much bigger without her.

So there it is people, the wrestlers i can see becoming main event over the next few years.
Special Mentions: Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan.
Your thoughts?

Submit "Who can Replace the Main Eventer of WWE" to Digg Submit "Who can Replace the Main Eventer of WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "Who can Replace the Main Eventer of WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who can Replace the Main Eventer of WWE" to Google

Updated 08-16-2011 at 10:44 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cody Rhodes and Evan Bourne, they honestly have so much potential. Bourne needs to work on his mic skills and get a bit more time on it but Cody is nearly the complete package! He can actually wrestle, you only have to look at his match against Mysterio at WM 27 for that, and and he can cut a decent promo on the mic. Size doesn't matter in my opinion, high flyers should have speed and Bourne definitely has it
    Swagger could be another but I think it is lisp(which is out of his control) is holding him back. He is really impressive in the ring, and he is very agile for his size. I would say Kofi, if he had some mic skills. Some odd reason blacks don't really get pushed to the main event in the WWE. WWE has a history of not pushing them to the top no matter how good they are. Rock and Booker T got lucky.
    Ziggler, McIntyre, Barrett.
    cody rhodes, dolph ziggler, alberto del rio, the miz, wade barrett, sheamus, maybe swagger and daniel bryan, if bryan improves on the mic, i have to disagree with u saying alex riley, i think hes confident on mic but what he says is utter rubbish, morrison and gabriel are very poor on mic, shame really cos talent wise morrison is 1 of the better entertainers in wwe, i dont think evan bourne will ever be champ hes too small for wha wwe like, yes rey mysterio is short but hes quite stocky and got good gimmick.
    I would say Drew McIntyre, but currently I fear for his job.

As for the others:

1. Alberto Del Rio

2. The Miz

3. Wade Barrett

4. Dolph Ziggler

5. John Morrison
    Oh and Cody and Ted
    If you're going to comment on these things, at least learn the wrestlers ages.

Randy Orton is only 30, ADR is only one month younger than John Cena.

So y'know...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.