View RSS Feed

sublimer

From Stone Cold to Ziggler: Where is the Entertainment?

Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
How I look back at the RAW IS WAR days, and looking at Raw now, I can not help but miss the good ol' days if you want to call them that, as I miss Good Ol' JR. I believe most would at least agree (hipefully) with me on that point. I can even remember the specific days of the old RAW, lets just say, 3/22/99. Stone Cold comes out with a Beer Truck and Sprays down the Corporation! I mean, that could have been a great ending, but that was the beggining of the show! There were more signs in the audience than it seemed people at times, and no one was ever sitting down. The heel and the face were equally explosive and liked, the Rock would hit the ring and the crowd would go nuts, then Stone Cold, you could always hear the crowd rocking out having fun. Now days, the divas are down right boring, no more Sable's or Deborah as a manager. Some would argue that there were WAYYYY to many championships, but I believe you have to bring a couple more back, it made the match more interesting and intense, and worth a lil something. I mean within that time you had several factions, the Ministry, the Brood, the Corporation, DX, just to name a few, and every one of them brought something different.
Today we have a main event at a Royal Rumble between Edge and Dolph Ziggler, I mean come on! The name alone makes me want to pull my hair out, let alone the fact that he is a former Spirit Squad member. The factions we have now are ummm lets see.....DX, wait a minute, that was just to rake in a lil extra cash before HBK left, and we have the Nexus and now the Core, which are completley the same, and they are heels. The old factions you could call heels, but there were still people cheering for them and taking part in them.
You can not get someone to wear a Nexus t-shirt, let alone buy one. And the Raw Champ is MIZ? Like the HBK and Janetti split, Miz is no HBK, but Morrison has way more potential. When Edge and Christian split, I give all the respect in the world to him because he got it, like Stone Cold and the Rock, and the Undertaker got it, just do what you do and do not let go, finally Orton has gotten it. From Evolution, to Legend Killer, to Legacy, he has stayed the same. What about Christian though? He has not gotten a fair push, sure he left for TNA, do you blame him? He proved that he can be more than just an ECW champion. An ECW that WWE RUINED. If they had treated ECW like a different company, maybe there would be no TNA. Well, I take that back, Jarrett has to do something...ha. I am not dissing him here, anyway, the WWE are letting go of great talent left and right, (i.e. Kaval they gave a few weeks....did he not win NXT? a cruiserweight belt would look good on him...) yet they have the nerve to pull off a 40 man rumble....I just wish that even Angle would come back and spray at least Milk on the latest WWE writers and entertainers.
So my question maybe to you is where has it gone? I know the people will say it is the PG era, but I am not sure if that is it. If on 3/15/99 at a TV 14 level Undertaker can claim he is the lord of darkness and be at the Vince's house, and then come to be a fake Kane and burn a pendelum in his yard, and now we just got through a battle of the devil's favorite demon? PG? really?
I was gonna save this for another blog, but it is just coming out so I will keep writing. What are we teaching kids if we are suppose to "STAND UP FOR WWE" (and the PG era I am sure) when to be a part of Nexus you have to be beaten in. Sounds like familiar gang rules to me. So should I stand up for WWE or just hang my head down, watching old tapes and wishing TNA would get it together. Until next time, I am sublimer, and this is all of my time.

Submit "From Stone Cold to Ziggler: Where is the Entertainment?" to Digg Submit "From Stone Cold to Ziggler: Where is the Entertainment?" to del.icio.us Submit "From Stone Cold to Ziggler: Where is the Entertainment?" to StumbleUpon Submit "From Stone Cold to Ziggler: Where is the Entertainment?" to Google

Updated 01-28-2011 at 01:22 PM by sublimer

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seriously, how many people don't know how to use paragraphs?
    I started out to write one paragraph, and then I just kept writing..I AM SORRY. I know that most of you write, and when you have ideas flowing through your mind, you just want to write them down, I then just posted, my fault, I should have proof read and paragraphed it, but I am not writing for my old English teacher, but I do understand it makes it easier to read, so once again I am sorry to all that read and had troubles.
    Updated 01-29-2011 at 02:36 PM by sublimer
    Ok, I caved in, and paragraped it, hope this helps the ones who had troubles reading this and for the readers in the future.
    I just hope John Morrison gets a push, because he has the talent to take it to the next level, unlike the Miz, who just has good mic skills.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.