View RSS Feed

VKM

Recycling: Good for the Earth but not Wrestling.

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Ever since resource shortages which were caused by world wars, the world greatly encourages recycling. But does that mean the wrestling world should do the same?

From the typical "bad-guy good-guy" to the old WCW NWO stables, the two biggest wrestling promotions of today (TNA & WWE) have reused the stables and story-lines that have made their companies bigger and better.

Two wrongs definitely do not make a right, but when TNA tried to repackage NWO and the Four Horsemen, they certainly earned the right to be more wrong than WWE.

When I look at TNA, I think its WCW all over again. You have Fortune who are suppose to be The Four Horsemen, and you have the NWO which are Immortal. The only BIG difference is that you have a druggie as the supposedly face of the company.

But when all else fails, TNA sure knows how to get rid of the WCW look alike Era. I'm sure WWE Attitude Era is right up their alley.

Not only do you have the WCW stables, but you have Attitude antics which were kind of similar to Eric Young, Orlando Jordan, and Shark Boy (For Shark Boy, VERY SIMILAR).

WWE on the other hand does not reuse stables. Instead, they reuse the same rivalries over and over again. John Cena vs. Randy Orton will most likely be Wrestlemania's top pick. It also looks like Triple H will duke it out against Sheamus once again at Wrestlemania. Until the WWE creates NEW superstars, we'll never get out of that era of "Old is New".

There are many great talented wrestlers that WWE is hiding from the viewers. For those who don't know, WWE has a developmental promotion known as FCW(Florida Championship Wrestling). And the roster for FCW is overflowing with talent. The faster WWE gets all of these new wrestlers to the TV screen, the better for WWE and the viewers. If you think that Dave Batista look-alike from this Monday's RAW was new, wait until you see Seth Rollins.

So far, WWE has already started the NEW year off with an OLD rivalry for Royal Rumble which is Orton vs. The Miz.

If the WWE wants something better, why not do John Morrison vs. The Miz for a last man standing match? What ever happen to the match type anyway?
I guess next year they'll come out with a PPV called Last Man Standing. I bet you'll never guess what that PPV will be about.

With the demanding fans of today, it is completely useless to reuse anything in the Wrestling World, especially when your product attracts 8 to 15 year olds.

#FYI, Stop Recycling

VKM

Submit "Recycling: Good for the Earth but not Wrestling." to Digg Submit "Recycling: Good for the Earth but not Wrestling." to del.icio.us Submit "Recycling: Good for the Earth but not Wrestling." to StumbleUpon Submit "Recycling: Good for the Earth but not Wrestling." to Google

Updated 01-18-2011 at 01:24 PM by VKM

Tags: tna, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Miz/Orton isn't even a year old, how could that be an old rivalry? Yet you want them to make a Miz/Morrison rivalry which already happened after they broke up?
    Updated 01-18-2011 at 07:48 PM by VKM
    Rassling_Fan, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you right has been removed. First of all, Randy Orton vs. The Miz is a stale rivalry. JoMo vs. The Miz on the other hand is not. How many times have we seen Orton and Miz go against each other, too many times. That was my point. Don't get you're panties in a bunch.
    Updated 01-18-2011 at 07:48 PM by VKM
    It's a fine balancing act... In some ways, there will be a recycling of storylines and feuds- due to limited amount of television time. You can't introduce new groups of wrestlers every week, but I do agree that at the moment both promotions are relying upon some stagnant ideas..

Miz\Morrison gathers heat, unlike Miz\Orton. Maybe because Orton and Miz can become interchangeable, both can be arrogant played out characters. Also to address rassling fan, they have a history together and with a much larger prize and better presentation opportunity at stake they can take something to a new level.

I think they should be more considerate when it comes to recycling feuds... Give it a huge amount of time and see if the chemistry clicks again... Imagine if in 5 or more years we get a re-vamped Orton vs Cena feud at wrestlemania- it could be quite interesting- something that makes them perform matches like the HBK vs Undertaker.
    I would rather watch John Morrison or Daniel Bryan as the Champ going against Orton. No disrespect to Miz but Im not feeling him as the Champ. He does all the same things when he speaks and he and his twin (Alex RIley) almost look and act the same. I had huge respect for A-Ry when he came in because he was a fresh face and can actually wrestle (i think..), but then on that one night when they had him say AWESOME!....it killed me on the inside. I probably wouldnt paired them together in the first place. Just go ahead and throw Michael Cole in there as the manager and maybe it would be different..Speaking of managers.! Why don't we have managers anymore??!! Vickie is annoying, and Paul Bearer is only good for a year...why not bring in a wrestler and manager like Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar.! I was livid off of that moment. lol. WWE maybe needs to go to its roots (not those old storylines though) because I think they forgot where they came from. Remember Shane McMahon vs Kane? Shane McMahon vs Steve Blackman? how about Gregory Helms as the longest reigning Cruiserweight Champ? The Intercontinental Title actually meant something...Triple H vs The Rock in that Ladder Match. how about big debuts like Chris Jericho's New Millenium countdown? or Batista powerbombing Goldberg during his match against Shawn Michaels. Great tag teams like E&C, Dudley Boys, LOD, Taka and Funaki, New Age Outlaws, Too Cool, THE APA.!!!! im done.
    I agree that Miz and Orton is a very stale feud BUT to say its old would be a lie. Miz and Orton have barley fought in the last 4 years. Miz and Morrison on the other hand actually started out as a feud and then made the greatest tag team of the 21st century lol.
    but i wont disagree that Miz and Morrison have better chemistry. I think if done right Miz and Morrison could be the Rowdy Piper/Hulk Hogan of 11. The Steamboat/Flair.
    Miz and Orton=STALE. But STALE doesn't = OLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by VKM
    Rassling_Fan, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you right has been removed. First of all, Randy Orton vs. The Miz is a stale rivalry. JoMo vs. The Miz on the other hand is not. How many times have we seen Orton and Miz go against each other, too many times. That was my point. Don't get you're panties in a bunch.
    So pointing out that you pretty much want to do the opposite of your article and recycle an already done feud (which I do agree with) revokes my opinion?

Note what nrb6304 said, "Miz and Orton=STALE. But STALE doesn't = OLD"

In fact, I don't even believe the two are in a feud. Most of the Miz's attack is on Lawler and Orton is just trying to find a way to fit in. If they stopped with Miz attacking and wrestling an announcer (I know the King was a wrestler before but my point still stands) and made it focus on the Miz and Orton (or not waste Morrison's title shot on Raw) and it could have been interesting. His attack on Orton last night was great. That should of been done long ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Orton/Miz not being interesting. I'm saying it's not old and you pretty much want to recycle a better feud.

EDIT:
    How many times have we seen Orton and Miz go against each other, too many times.
    Vs Orton - 4-5 times including one 4 on 4 Tag match and one MitB match.
    Vs Morrison - 19-20 times including 1 MitB, 2 three ways, and numerous tag and single matches.

Once again, I agree with you about Miz/Morrison being a better feud. You just worded your reasons badly.
    Updated 01-19-2011 at 08:35 PM by Rassling_Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan
    Once again, I agree with you about Miz/Morrison being a better feud. You just worded your reasons badly.
    This sir, this sir is what I call ^^^WIN!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.