View RSS Feed

knox

The Reason TNA Will Never Be #1

Rate this Entry
Hey Guys, Hope all is well.

TNA has been a great company with on and off moments but for the most part they have been Ok. There are a couple of things stopping TNA from being number 1 though. I will count them down from 5-1. Please pay attention to the Number 1 reason because it is a huge reason that overshadows the other reasons.

5. Lack of Travel
Tna will never be taken serious if they are too afraid to take their show on the road for taped episodes. Basically thats how viewers are drawn in. Many house shows are really boring. If I saw a house show was coming to my town I would not go, but if it was televised I would definitely attend. Basically I feel not enough wrestling fans truly know about their product.

4. Relying on Stables to run the show
I guess maybe Vince Russo loves running a company that is ran by a stable. You had NWO back in WCW and you had millions of them in Tna which are EV2, Mainevent Mafia, Fortune, and now Immortal. It's so damn repetitive like give me a break. Fortune & Immortal are literally doing the same exact things that NWO & The Mainevent Mafia did. And atleast the WWE does their Nexus angle with up & coming stars, which brings me to my next reason.

3. Relying on Old or Former WWE Talent to run the show
Yo its kinda embarrassing that stars that prodced nothing in the WWE can come to TNA and be world champ within a couple months. The attitude era is over, The 80's Era is over. Atleast the WWE aren't trying to redo something that is done. It will not be any different the 2nd time. TNA is still living in the past and seeing people like Hogan in TNA doesn't make me like him more, it just makes we wonder why he still does it. Let's be honest: TNA has much better young stars than the WWE but we wouldn't know that because all we see on TNA are Ric Flair & Mick Foley. People like Kofi, Ted Dibiase, Jack Swagger, Dolph, Evan Bourne, The Entire Nexus, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, John Morrison, Drew McCintyre, Del Rio and more are running the show because they are the new breed. I love those guys to death but I guarantee you that TNA's young talent would demolish them in the ring but we would never know that because they get no air time.

2. Inconsistency in Program
It seems as if TNA is one big storyline connected. This is because they have a stacked roster but only one show. One day you see rob terry and the next day he's gone and then back again. There's no control. Basically some people watch TNA for one specific person. I watch TNA to see Jay Lethal but sometimes he's not even on TV. This is because they cram too many wrestlers on one show so now they lose rating because the people didn't see the particular stars they want to see. For example, I watch Smackdown just to see Dolph Ziggler and if I don't see him I get pissed. But I know I'm going to see him the next week or maybe even surprisingly on Raw. Two shows make the product more unpredictable.

1. TNA employees & Wrestling Fans feeling the need to bring up The WWE When discussing TNA
How can you stand alone as a company when your competition is always being brought into the coversation. Even I can't talk about TNA without mentioning atleast something about the WWE. And even the stars do it. When Kurt, Eazy E, Hogan or others have an outside interview they always have to bash or bring up the WWE. Why even discuss Them? Just worry about your own product. Even on Impact they bring up the WWE. Hell Ken Anderson Mocked Triple H last week on Impact. And the number 1 reason is because 75% of their roster are from the WWE so how could we not bring them up? I talk about ROH alot & never bring up the WWE and the reason is because they have their own unique style of a product with their own homegrown stars with a few exceptions. And to top it all off, TNA brings in the biggest WWE critic, MATT HARDY. LOL TNA HAS ALOT OF WORK TO DO.

############
I'm a TNA & WWE fan and as a fan I'm just stating my opinions. I'm not trying to bash TNA at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jJrf3c9ScU

Submit "The Reason TNA Will Never Be #1" to Digg Submit "The Reason TNA Will Never Be #1" to del.icio.us Submit "The Reason TNA Will Never Be #1" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Reason TNA Will Never Be #1" to Google

Updated 01-16-2011 at 01:07 AM by knox

Tags: wwe tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It certainly sounds like you're trying to bash TNA when you say why TNA will NEVER be #1. Come on. All the points you make are very good ones very valid but never say never. TNA is still a young company figuring things out. What TNA does not do well enough is make a true superstar. WWE was able to force feed John Cena down everyone's throats and help him be liked in a way TNA doesn't understand how to do. A handful of wrestlers like Samoa Joe and AJ Styles have gotten to that point anyways but there really is no excuse not to be pushing people like The Pope in the way the WWE did for Austin, The Rock, or Cena.
    That last reason is spot on Knox. Its Bischoff and his dirty tactics again thats all it is. The good thing is that this time, all the mentions of "Up North" are detremental to TNA, making them look like they are grasping for something popular to cling to and ride the coattails (Much like Matt and Jeff Hardy)

I agree as well, ROH never throw it in your face where their stars came from, including ex TNA talent like Homicide and Christopher Daniels.

If TNA want to "Cross The Line" they need to stop taking pot shots and get their own house in order. Vince never watched Nitro in the 90's, he got on with his own plan, and he won. Convincingly.

Another reason is shit like this http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...s-JeremyBorash
    Updated 01-18-2011 at 08:43 AM by AxisOfWin
    " I watch Smackdown just to see Dolph Ziggler and if I don't see him I get pissed"
    Seems to me that if TNA were to improve it would have a shot to compete. Think of how much more money WWE spends on an episode of SD compared to what TNA spends on Impact. I agree that what they need is to add some more programmn somehow, but Hogan and Bishoff would likely take up all of that too. You're main point is valid though, TNA should pretend WWE doesn't exist and vic versa.
    very well said, in tna's eyes....wwe doesnt exist, thats how it needs to be. if not, they will always be number 2, almost none existing number 2. they have the better talent hands down, wwe is trying hard to shut that up in recent week and honestly, they are making their point. But tna needs to let go of the reigns and just fly
    It actually comes down to 1 simple reason: money. Ted Turner had the wallet to compete with Vince. Dixie Carter does not. As wealthy an entrepreneur as she may be, she did not have an entire media empire behind her and endless pockets to reach into.

Disenchanted talent and people past their prime go to TNA. Yes, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles- Matt Morgan and others are fantastic wrestlers- but the bulk of their talent outside of the old ECW talents are past their prime or are weak on the mic. It's fairly obvious that Carter and Jerry Jarrett cannot "lure" away names like Cena, Del Rio, Swagger, Undertaker, or other huge WWE names. It's elementary.

ECW is a good example: great wrestling, but they just didn't have the money.

WCW was ran out of money and ratings by WWE.

It's a tough thing to admit, but no matter what storyline or talent TNA picks up, they will more than likely never compete with WWE. In the case of pro wrestling, you really can say "never" might actually mean "never."
    @Johnny wtf dude Tna is over 8 years old, they are no longer young you idiot, its time they step up their game, I'm jus sayin...
    My opinion is that the main reason TNA will never truly grow and become better is because every so often, TNA Talent always say the line "Young guys like AJ Styles & Samoa Joe". The problem? In 5-10 Years time (if they last that long), they'll STILL be saying "Young guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe". You are right about the WWE when compared to TNA, WWE has got loads of young guys now in the spotlight, with so many potentials to be the next face of the company. Whereas TNA don't really have that "Face of the Company" star. I felt sick after AJ Styles won the TNA Championship, after some of the most epic matches ever with Kurt Angle, only to become Ric Flair's lackey (c'mon, he tried to look like the guy for God's sake!!), lose the TNA Title on an episode of Impact to an ex-WWE star, Rob Van Dam, get pushed to mid-card without a decent storyline or even a rematch, then you had Hulk Hogan come out on TNA TV and praise RVD as the "man" of the company!! What a way to push your own, home-bred talent down when it's finally their time, in favour of an already established, ex WWE, veteran. Well done TNA, you just sealed your own fate with that one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.