View RSS Feed

Starscreamer

What does 2011 need? Why 1997!

Rate this Entry
Well we are now in the Attitude Adjustment Era...and so far it is about a B-. From Super Cena, to talent being wasted, to stories that could have been amazing only to fall short (or have 23 chairs fall on them), to HHH STILL being in the previews even though he has been out longer than Eric Escobar's entire WWE career, it is just a semi muddled mess...

Now there have been some good things mind you. Nexus is the best thing WWE has given us to work with in ages. CM Punk really breaking out in EVERYTHING he is doing. An Awesome heel champ, and some semi decent stuff from the women's division...but it is all just going left and right...we see potential, and then it just fizzles.

This actually reminds me of the early '90's. The days of Doink the Clown, real over the top stuff, and some stuff that made us go wtf...The cycle is repeating itself, but what it needs to do is finish the cycle. We need the time when the wrestler's were allowed to be their own characters. This is how we got the Rock, this is where some guy who came out to harpsichord music evolved to Motorhead, and this is where we became solid fans and Vince made $$$.

We need our numerous stables, like the Ministry, the Corporation, the Nation of Domination, and DX all running around after each other...with a few lone wolves just throwing all kinds of story curve balls. We need to put some wow back in....CM Punk has been doing that perfectly btw. But I need a moment like when Nexus debuted where I was just looking at my TV going "wow". I want a story that spans months, not a 3-5 week between ppvs. Hell with different groups, this will spawn all kinds of merchandise us fans will eat up.

Finally though, we need to put the weight back in the brand and the titles. TLC was a nail in the coffin...the TLC match itself, the one the PPV was named after should have been the final match. This is the WWE, not WWE and the Cena story. Build the wrestlers around the brand, not the brand around the wrestler!

We can keep it PG and still do this. WWE can do this, but will they?

Submit "What does 2011 need? Why 1997!" to Digg Submit "What does 2011 need? Why 1997!" to del.icio.us Submit "What does 2011 need? Why 1997!" to StumbleUpon Submit "What does 2011 need? Why 1997!" to Google

Tags: 2011 wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loved to read this, it was a nice interpretation of what WWE needs in 2011
    There a lot of off the wall goofballs writing blogs on this site; you, my friend, are not one of them, well done
    Build the wrestlers around the brand, not the brand around the wrestler!
    Excellent quote. This would solve many of their problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by wwetna100
    in 2-3 years John Morrison will be so over he may have his own era in wrestling (like cena, goldberg etc)
    I would like to think this happens a lot sooner but I'll keep my finger crossed. I still see him getting buried by the same mediocrity on the main event level today. He should have been champion years ago imo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.