View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

John Cena's injury a blessing in disguise

Rating: 3 votes, 2.00 average.
I hope you all are having a good day and I hope you all enjoy what you read. As usual, I encourage you all to leave comments down below after reading this blog.

So I can remember feeling a bit disappointed when I heard the news that John Cena injured himself here on ewrestlingnews. Not only will this probably affect the storyline he has with CM Punk and Nexus (a storyline I was looking forward to), but it may also affect plans for Wrestlemania since it is only a couple of months away. This is the time of the year where WWE goes into full drive with storylines and feuds for the biggest event on the year. With their top guy injured, I can only fear the repercussions this will have on WWE. Things were already bad when WWE lost HBK, Undertaker, Batista, Chris Jericho, MVP, Kaval, and numerous other talents to work with, but to lose their top star this close to Wrestlemania must have taken a huge hit on plans.

Recent news has reported that John Cena is scheduled to be out for a few weeks, but even then he is still being watched over daily so we don't know how serious it could be.

However, believe it or not, I think John Cena's injury may in fact be a blessing in disguise.

WWE always felt the need to constantly showcase John Cena and Randy Orton and neglect pushing any other talent. This has always been a pet peeve for me as a loyal follower of WWE. Now with Cena gone, WWE is placed in a position that they HAVE to push new talents now. Until Cena comes back, they'll need some people to fill his shoes and hold the fort down. Like when Austin was injured at the end of 1999 and they ended up pushing The Rock, Kurt Angle, and Triple H, they did a marvelous job at keeping things running until Austin made his return at the last quarter of 2000. Maybe we could see them call up MVP and Kaval to come back. Or maybe we will see people like Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Christian (when he returns), and Drew McIntyre get pushes to the main event. Who knows? I'm not sure yet if the injury is too serious or if he will be able to at least finish his storyline with Nexus, but eventually he is going to have to leave to get it rehabbed. Meaning, someone or some people are going to have to take his place until it is fully rehabbed.

Yeah, of course we can expect to see Triple H return, but I doubt he will have as much of an influence as Cena had on their targeted audience. The Kids. Undertaker might have a better chance when he returns, but then again he might be working a lighter schedule. Let's not forget that Rey Mysterio is wrestling with an injury so he could ALSO be checking out sometime soon as well. Didn't I also hear something but Orton being a little sore nowadays? Before long, WWE is not going to have much of a main event to work with so they may need to get on the ball ASAP.

In a sense, I hope this teaches WWE a lesson about relying TOO heavily on one or two talents. They should always groom and prepare their other talents just in case one of their top stars gets hurt or needs a break. They used to do that back in years 2000 and 2001 when it mattered. They just became really complacent ever since WWE became the big typhoon that it is now. I can only hope to see good things happening for the other talents, especially at a time like this when WWE needs something juicy heading into Wrestlemania.

In conclusion, if Cena is out, I wish him a speedy recovery. I was never someone who thought Cena was a horrible wrester or a horrible entertainer. I will admit I got a bit sick of seeing him on my television 24/7 but I never wished for him to get injured. Injuries are never a fun thing to hear about, even to the people I absolutely despise in the world of wrestling. Well, I can't say I wouldn't enjoy hearing Vince Russo get hit by a bus, but that is another story for another time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. You all have a fabulous happy new year and I wish you all nothing but good things in the upcoming year.

Submit "John Cena's injury a blessing in disguise" to Digg Submit "John Cena's injury a blessing in disguise" to del.icio.us Submit "John Cena's injury a blessing in disguise" to StumbleUpon Submit "John Cena's injury a blessing in disguise" to Google

Updated 01-04-2011 at 11:06 AM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Great blog! I agree with everything you said, but I see one more thing. After all this time with Cena doing what he does, he gets a well deserved break or you can call it a long, extended vacation. The fans will cheer him on again when he comes back, he will be refreshed and new, and then hopefully he will continue to put out great matches.
    I agree 100% on your blog. How about Barrett and Punk having a program while Cena heels then have them battle Punk and Nexus for WM?
    The thing is, will pushing the younger talent draw big at WM? WWE usually showcases their top stars in at WM, that isn't MITB, or a battle royale, so if they were to push the current midcarders, would they draw? Well the only way they will find out is if they try. I would love to see it happen.
    Lord knows I am all for pushing the younger guys, and you guys know I'm all for just throwing the younger newer guys into the main event, but not even I would try that this close to WM. I mean, your talking a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE gamble.

I really do hope Cena is okay, from a personal stand point, just cuz I don't wish injury on anybody, but I agree, this could be the time for CM Punk, Kofi, Christian, and a couple of more to get that TV time they want
    Worser. I couldn't get past that. I had high hopes for this blog post.
    Kyd1977 .... please tell me you did not stop reading after the first sentence. Honestly, that is not even enough to judge the entire blog ... or any entire blog. Be courteous and at least read the blog before commenting. What you just did was such an asshole move it was ridiculous. You wouldn't want anyone to do that to you if you wrote a blog.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.