View RSS Feed

Slobernocker_30

Why The Miz is not that awesome

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
First off, I'll preface this by saying that it's not the Miz's fault. Period. Now on to his crucifixion!!

I'd love to know what the WWE was smoking when they pushed the Miz for the WWE Championship as a heel. The guy brings absolutely no legitimacy to the table. A major portion of the heel's job is his innate ability to put over a face. Sure he gets his moment to smear it in the face of the audience, and the longer his run the better he can accomplish this, so maybe the Miz will eventually prove me wrong, but for right now he's got no gusto. The fact that Orton was the guy to lay down for him makes it even worse. For example, lets say the WWE really is trying to push JoMo and the Miz simultaniously... It doesn't do the Miz or JoMo any favors for a win at WM. Here's how it plays out.

Miz wins dirty at WM: So what for the Miz, it wasn't JoMo's time, and everyone wasted 50 bucks.

Miz wins clean at WM: Miz adds a bit of credibility, and JoMo's push is over.

JoMo wins clean at WM: The Miz doesn't lose the credibility he never had in the first place, and JoMo doesn't really get put over until he feuds with the next contender.

There are probably a hundred different ways for that to go, and if you start substituting in other names maybe thousands. Bottom line, the Miz is not developed enough (credibility-wise) for him to put over anyone but himself, and with the severe lack of talent in the WWE, the Miz wearing that title is the wrong idea.

IMHO: a better idea would have been for the title to revert back to Sheamus for a month or so, big push to JoMo for the WM win, and then push the Miz into a feud with JoMo so they'd both gain momentum into next year. That would have timed out with HHH's return and (I have to assume) subsequent feud with Sheamus. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say Orton's injury is more serious than the WWE is letting anyone know, they're going to play it safe with him (God forbid we see WM buy-rates-minus Orton) and so he dropped the title quickly. The OMG SOMEBODY THINK OF SOMETHING!! scenario that played out in Trips office a week later resulted in the Miz getting his push early.

Bottom line: None of this is the Miz's fault. The guys works his ass off, has been bent on character improvement since he arrived in the WWE, and has some of the best coordination (Michael Cole) that I've seen in a while. In a perfect world, he'd be an awesome IC champ, but he's no where near ready for the WWE Championship today, and he won't be ready to put over another superstar when he's asked to do it tomorrow.

Submit "Why The Miz is  not that awesome" to Digg Submit "Why The Miz is  not that awesome" to del.icio.us Submit "Why The Miz is  not that awesome" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why The Miz is  not that awesome" to Google

Updated 12-23-2010 at 02:35 PM by Slobernocker_30

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08
    Good valid points and great read. As a fan of the Miz, even I have to admit WWE did indeed push him too early to become wwe world champion. Then again, they did the same to Sheamus. But see, this is what happens when WWE focuses too much time into John Cena and Randy Orton. They completely neglect the rest of the roster and now they can't make anymore stars.

Well no offense to you, but I surely do hope The Miz ends up proving you wrong and does make himself a credible champion, despite the horrible build up WWE is giving him.
    the prob with miz is simpley he is way too small and i know thats the way wwe is headed but he lookes like a regular guy you see at the mall with a girl who over tans not a wwe star hes not even buff hes not tall ether batista would make him look like a kid now im not saying he sucks i like mike from the real world and all the mtv shows hes been on but as wwe champ they must be super despreat.but thats the prob with wwe they got rid of all the wrestlers of triple h's class like booker t and rvd thats why theres no one with cred that can step in when one of the main stars get hurt if jeff hardy showed up on raw and got the belt no one would say a word about it so for the miz its too much too soon
    what did anyone think about JBL's push to the title when he beat Eddie Guerrero?Funny how they waited for Lesnar's departure to be finalized before JBL got a major title run. There could be some similarities here, but I truly believe that other wrestlers deserved the push to the title before the Miz. Kane and Mysterio got theirs, Sheamus got his, andit looks like alot of it has to do with being in the right place at the right time.
    but but... the Miz SAYS he's awesome, so it MUST be true!
    Miz's title reign has been a joke so far! His first fued as champion is with Raw's color commentator?! I guess that really shows how much faith the WWE has in him being a legitamite champion...
    I don't think they would have a Morrison v miz match at wm for the belt. Not s big enough draw. Those matches are reserved for cena and orton. I read hear all the time and it's ppl begging for a new face as champ. Now that we get one, nobody is happy bout it. The fact that they are playing this out before the rumble makes me think it will be over by the ec ppv. Setting up a bigger name *orton* for a title fued going into wm against miz or cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlymike
    I don't think they would have a Morrison v miz match at wm for the belt. Not s big enough draw. Those matches are reserved for cena and orton. I read hear all the time and it's ppl begging for a new face as champ. Now that we get one, nobody is happy bout it. The fact that they are playing this out before the rumble makes me think it will be over by the ec ppv. Setting up a bigger name *orton* for a title fued going into wm against miz or cena.
    I think a Morrison vs. Orton or Morrison vs. Cena WM match would be a big draw! You basically have one of the top guys wrestling someone who's underrated and finally getting the chance he needs to be champion!
    The Miz is starting to prove he is a great heel champion, his match against Morrison on Jan-3rd proved that. Miz is getting great heat from the crowd. The problem Miz has is he has to face the WWE favorites the plodding Orton and the kid favorite Cena, will the WWE ignore Miz great heel run as champ or will they listen to the whining of Cena and Orton and give then the title back?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.