View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

The Miz as a heel champion

Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average.
I am assuming as wrestling fans, you all are very familiar with how the Face and Heel system works, right? Heels are the bad guys of wrestling. Faces are the honorable, good guys of wrestling. Heels are made to draw heat, do things to piss off audience members, and win matches in cheap fashions. Can they win clean matches? Sure. They need to if they want to look like credible superstars, especially if they are champions. However, most of the time you should expect them do things underhandedly to pick up wins. That is what they do. That is their job. Faces are the completely opposite. They do everything by the book. They show honor and respect to wrestlers and rely on the fans support to help them through their days. This system has been around since the beginning of professional wrestling and it will continue to thrive until the day it is no more.

So why am I telling you something you should already know? Here is why.

I've been listening to videos and reading a lot of people complaining about the Miz and how he is picking up wins in his matches. For some reason, people had expectations of the Miz being a dominate champion and getting nothing but clean wins. People say he looked weak against Jerry Lawler in the TLC match on his first title defense and all the rest of his matches, including the recent on he had against Orton at the WWE TLC PPV last night. All because he had help from Alex Riley and Michael Cole and others to pick up wins in those matches. Really? Guys, you act like you've never seen a heel champion before. So what if he has guys help him out? He is a heel! He is suppose to do things underhandedly and find dirty ways to pick up wins and keeps his championship. That is how ALL the heels do things. Austin did it when he was a heel back in 2001. HHH did it when he was a heel in Evolution. HBK did back in 1997-1998 when he was a heel champion. The Rock did it as a heel champion. So why are so many people getting on THE MIZ for doing it is beyond me. I'd rather people just be honest and say they don't like him instead of using excuses like:

-- He doesn't win matches cleanly

As I've said, he is a heel. If he wins all his matches cleanly, he really would not be doing his heel character justice. Would you really HATE the Miz if he won his matches cleanly? No. You'd probably fall in love with him. That’s my point!! You're not supposed to fall in love with a heel. I mean, there is nothing wrong with liking a wrestler that is heel or face, but if he is constantly getting cheered and not being booed then he or is she is probably not doing a good job at making you hate them. The Miz is doing a fabulous job as a heel and I love seeing him get under all your skins. Yes, once in a while he will get a clean win. He has to so he can look like a credible champion. However, as for getting clean wins often, don't bet on it.

-- He looked weak against his opponents when he gets help

And? Triple H got tons of help from Evolution back in 2004 and nobody said anything about that. Just last year, Randy Orton was getting help from Legacy (Rhodes and Dibiase) almost 24/7 and nobody said anything about that. He gets help to emphasize the fact that he is a heel. Some of you may call that cowardly, although I have yet to see the Miz run away from anybody, but it is what a heel does sadly. This has been going on since the beginning of time. Why people are making such a big deal out of it now I will never know. Here is the thing. The Miz is NOT Triple H, nor is he HBK, The Rock, Stone Cold, Big Show, Mark Henry, or any other wrestler with in-ring prowess or strength. He is an average looking guy with average wrestling skills and he can talk shit. In all honesty, you'd expect someone like him to have lackeys.

Also, real quickly. The TLC match against Jerry Lawler DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT make the Miz look weak. If was a singles match, then yes I would agree with you guys. But it is a TLC match and all WWE was doing was emphasizing that anybody can win in a TLC match.

-- He sucks on the microphone (REALLY?)

If you honestly believe this, then you may need to seriously take a step back and calm down. Because it is obvious you have a personal issue about the Miz being champion. The Miz is one of the best speakers in WWE. This is what his character is all about. He is a wrestler that talks a lot more shit than he can wrestle. Most of the time, his mouth WILL get him into trouble and other times it will get him out of the trouble. Classic heel character. Nothing wrong with his microphone skills.

-- He did not get a proper build up

Well damn, who does nowadays? It is unfortunate that the WWE does not have the luxury of having numerous credible wrestlers and legends to build new stars on. They literally shot themselves in the foot by putting TOO MUCH time into John Cena and Randy Orton. Because of this superstars like MVP and others got overlooked so with little main eventers left, they don't have anyone else to help them build new stars except Orton, Edge, Big Show, Mysterio, and John Cena. So the fact that Miz has even managed to get as over as he is now is an accomplishment in itself. No. He did not get the same build up Austin or The Rock got or any other typical WWE star would get. He built himself up through promos. They're other ways to make stars guys.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but these are the only reasons I can think of right now. So in conclusion, The Miz is doing an AWESOME job as the world champion. I find it absolutely hilarious that people are actually comparing The Miz to the Rock and Rowdy Roddy Piper. Hahaha. I mean seriously. They have no one else to compare the Miz to in the WWE but two of the greatest talents to ever enter the wrestling business. Here is my thing. If you dislike the Miz, fine. Just come up with better reasons for disliking him. That is all I am asking for.

Thank you for taking time out to read this blog. I hope you enjoyed it.

Submit "The Miz as a heel champion" to Digg Submit "The Miz as a heel champion" to del.icio.us Submit "The Miz as a heel champion" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Miz as a heel champion" to Google

Updated 12-23-2010 at 10:11 AM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You are God, The Miz is AWESOME and so is this post.
    Great read! The Miz is a small, average sized guy, like you said, so having some lackeys help him should be expected. He plays the part of a heel perfectly, and is AWESOME!
    I love this article, but I have one issue with it. The Miz paid his dues and has earned his spot in the main event no matter what anyone says. He was the runner up in the million dollar Tough Enough. I thought he should have won. Then he wallowed in developmental for a number of years until getting thrown into a tag team with John Morrison on ECW. The two quickly ran the ranks and won multiple tag titles and eventually the unifed titles. Then the draft split them and we had Miz on Raw! He floundered a bit because his character lacked the certain something. So he rededicated himself, got new ring gear and got AGGRESSIVE. Shorty after won the US title nd held that for a while. Along the way tagged with Big Show to win the unified titles as Show Miz. All the while holding the US title. Eventually won the Raw MITB. Held that and the US title for a while. Lost the US title but upgraded shortly after to the WWE title. Now to me THAT is paying your dues!!!
    I love this article, but I have one issue with it. The Miz paid his dues and has earned his spot in the main event no matter what anyone says. He was the runner up in the million dollar Tough Enough. I thought he should have won. Then he wallowed in developmental for a number of years until getting thrown into a tag team with John Morrison on ECW. The two quickly ran the ranks and won multiple tag titles and eventually the unifed titles. Then the draft split them and we had Miz on Raw! He floundered a bit because his character lacked the certain something. So he rededicated himself, got new ring gear and got AGGRESSIVE. Shorty after won the US title nd held that for a while. Along the way tagged with Big Show to win the unified titles as Show Miz. All the while holding the US title. Eventually won the Raw MITB. Held that and the US title for a while. Lost the US title but upgraded shortly after to the WWE title. Now to me THAT is paying your dues!!!
    BECAUSE HE'S THE MIZ AND HE IS AWESOME
    Miz should never be a face. It would not suit him at all. He has too much of a heel personality and would never pull it off. And he was built up slowly, like Edge was in 2005. Miz had the U.S. title for too long however(7 months). As soon as he lost it to Bret Hart, he should have been able to move on. Instead, they let him win it again & have it for 3 MORE months. Too long.
    Love the article. Most people forget that when Austin, the Rock, HHH, Shawn Michael, and great WWF/WWE superstars won world/wwe/wwf championships as heels their credibility came from their hard work as a face/anti-hero before. The Miz was never given this opportunity. I like that he can be himself off camera too. When you think about, I don't know anyone other superstar that has gone out to promote his organization faster and better AND STILL be able to carry that much heat in the WWE. I love the fact that he's champ, and if Cena or Orton beat him for that belt, I will stop watching RAW for a week : )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.