View RSS Feed

The Doorman

Why Does Everyone Hate John Cena?

Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
I have wriiten a few basic blogs before, but none that involved any complaints. Besides my NXT reviews of course.

Whenever there is an article on this site about some sort of publicity John Cena will get or really anything about Cena, everyone bashes the guy.
But why?

Is it because he is extremely successful, and wealthy?
Is it because he is stronger than about 85% of men?
Do some people feel mad because he is good looking in the eyes of most women?

I am not implying that any one person who reads this blog feels any of those emotions, but sometimes I get a strong impression that that is the way most people, mainly males, feel.
Let's take a look a "Super Cena's" assets:

He is on Top
The man is the top guy in the WWE. He is the top guy in the most powerful wrestling promotion on the planet. Could there be a sense of jealousy felt by most? Let's face it, most people who are wrestling fans have had aspirations of becoming the top dog, but were never able to accomplish it (doesn't need to apply to you). Some people may hate him for having what they never could. I hate to say it, but it is a possibility.

He is Huge
Cena is a massive human being with an incredible amount of muscle. Once again, the jealousy factor may come into play. Maybe you always wanted to be the big muscular man who all the chicks wanted, but never reached full potential. Maybe.

He seems to get almost TOO Much
When his music hits, the crowd will go insane. Why? Because the women and children scream their lungs out. They love him. He has granted the most wishes in the history of Make a Wish. The guy is doing an interview or a talk show every week it seems. He has been in multiple movies. John Cena is a phenomena. It is incredible how much this man has influenced and brought joy to so many people.

Before everyone starts posting their comments, about how I am in love with Cena, wait. I DO NOT like him. Now I'm not being a hypocrite because I hate him, like most people hate The Miz's on screen persona. Besides that, I respect the guy like hell. He is a very lucky guy. I just think that too many people disrespect him because of everything he has recieved and done while they may not have had the same benefits, (may not apply to you). Give the man his due, however. You don't have to like him during Monday Night Raw, but respect him when he is out of the ring. I mean, seriously, what has he ever done to you?

Submit "Why Does Everyone Hate John Cena?" to Digg Submit "Why Does Everyone Hate John Cena?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why Does Everyone Hate John Cena?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why Does Everyone Hate John Cena?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yeah I do respect him outside the ring for all the charity work hes done. I heard hes also a nice guy. But I hate how WWE made him invincible and only use his 5 moves of doom frequently in matches..hes just unbearable to watch like that.
    I definitely do not have any problem with what he has done outside the ring. That being said, the reason I hate John Cena is because I feel as if Vince shoved him down our throats as soon as he made his move to Raw in 05 (?). Before that, I did like Cena, with the whole Hip Hop gimmick, he was funny and entertaining. During his new start at Raw, we saw the same repetitive moves every week and finish, (Cena throws him to the ropes, ducks from a clothesline, picks up his opponent to do a belly to back type spin in mid air slam thing, says "you can't see me" and does a 5 knuckle shuffle, opponent gets up and Cena goes for the FU, pins and its a 3 count). (I don't watch wrestling anymore so I choose to not refer to his finisher as the Attitude Adjustment), which leads me to my next opinion, PG. IMO, PG began with Cena and how he single handedly brought in so many kids and females to support his products which Vince noticed and took advantage of the money opportunity. For me, (and most 18 and older fans), I don't want to see little kids type storylines (obviously), we want the attitude era or at least Dean Malenko/Eddie Guerrero/Chris Benoit/Rey Mysterio type of wrestling. And the messed up part, it's not even Cena's fault, he is just doing as he is told by the boss. Who wouldn't take that opportunity? Come to think about it, I think I dislike Vince's PG decision more than I thought I hated Cena. He did lost a fan though with this PG, because I have moved on to Mixed Martial Arts.
    lets just say.... if John Cena started his career in ROH with the current gimmick he has now (as a face). He would of been fired in the first week.

but i respect the fact he does a lot of charity.
    But John need to remember the 2nd W in WWE is Wrestling, John Cena seems to focus on the E.
    I used to really enjoy John Cena when he was a heel on Smackdown, then he got watered down and became very predictable, I am a Cena fan still but nowhere near as much as I used to be, I know hes not a great wrestler but imo all he needs to do is turn heel and everyone will forget about that and love his character again.
    Hey Doorman,
    Go shoot yourself in the head already. Those reasons/questions u raised earlier clearly shows you love Cena.

Cena plainly just sucks in the ring, period and you know it.
    ^ This in a nutshell. PERIOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremo
    I definitely do not have any problem with what he has done outside the ring. That being said, the reason I hate John Cena is because I feel as if Vince shoved him down our throats as soon as he made his move to Raw in 05 (?). Before that, I did like Cena, with the whole Hip Hop gimmick, he was funny and entertaining. During his new start at Raw, we saw the same repetitive moves every week and finish, (Cena throws him to the ropes, ducks from a clothesline, picks up his opponent to do a belly to back type spin in mid air slam thing, says "you can't see me" and does a 5 knuckle shuffle, opponent gets up and Cena goes for the FU, pins and its a 3 count). (I don't watch wrestling anymore so I choose to not refer to his finisher as the Attitude Adjustment), which leads me to my next opinion, PG. IMO, PG began with Cena and how he single handedly brought in so many kids and females to support his products which Vince noticed and took advantage of the money opportunity. For me, (and most 18 and older fans), I don't want to see little kids type storylines (obviously), we want the attitude era or at least Dean Malenko/Eddie Guerrero/Chris Benoit/Rey Mysterio type of wrestling. And the messed up part, it's not even Cena's fault, he is just doing as he is told by the boss. Who wouldn't take that opportunity? Come to think about it, I think I dislike Vince's PG decision more than I thought I hated Cena. He did lost a fan though with this PG, because I have moved on to Mixed Martial Arts.

If you are going to be mad about Cene being shoved down your throat, be mad at Vince. All Cena can do is what he is told. He is an employee.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.