View RSS Feed

Robstar

The Official EWN Foodie Hangout and Recipe Exchange

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
The joy of flanking

Flank steaks are usually my steak of choice in the summer months because, in addition to being a cheaper cut of meat, they're just so damn much fun to play with. A lot of people think because it's an inexpensive steak option that must mean that it's a lesser steak in terms of flavor. BULLSHIT. These things are like friggin' flavor sponges, and you'll never grow tired of experimenting with your marinades. That sort of versatility is invaluable, trust me. Regardless of whether you're doing Asian or Southwestern, it's super simple to just establish your framework with the flavor profile of your meat and then build around.

If you don't like your meat a little bloody, then a flank cut probably isn't going to be for you- fuck, if you don't like a little blood, meat-eating period probably isn't for you, but that's better left for another discussion- as it's imperative that the flank be served rare, otherwise things get tough and chewy and then that smaller price tag starts making a little more sense.

Also, and I can't stress this enough: COOKED MEAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE PROPERLY RESTED. ALWAYS. Your steak needs time to reabsorb all of those delicious juices. 10 to 15 minutes should do it. And if you tent your meat immediately after removing from the grill, you won't have to worry about it getting cold.

Is there anything sexier than freshly-carved meat piled on a wooden cutting surface?

Marinade recipes coming up...

Submit "The Official EWN Foodie Hangout and Recipe Exchange" to Digg Submit "The Official EWN Foodie Hangout and Recipe Exchange" to del.icio.us Submit "The Official EWN Foodie Hangout and Recipe Exchange" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Official EWN Foodie Hangout and Recipe Exchange" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.